• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newmark Asst. GM

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats huge
I told you a GM would turn it around.
We actually have a front office now and not a fantasy front office that Rivera tried to sell us.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember if I posted it yesterday, but it was reported by multiple local media outlets that Hurney won't be here by week 1. His position will be fazed out by then.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember if I posted it yesterday, but it was reported by multiple local media outlets that Hurney won't be here by week 1. His position will be fazed out by then.
I also think that after the draft, we will see a new scouting department brought in.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that after the draft, we will see a new scouting department brought in.
Yeah, Peters strikes me as the guy that will always be looking to upgrade.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Peters strikes me as the guy that will always be looking to upgrade.
I love the use of "upgrade" and have been using it on this board for years in reference to how this organization must operate.
If they are in perpetual upgrade mode then that is a clear sign to me that change is taking place.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the use of "upgrade" and have been using it on this board for years in reference to how this organization must operate.
If they are in perpetual upgrade mode then that is a clear sign to me that change is taking place.
I think now with Harris in charge we will finally have to ability to upgrade when we want to.

With the staff we have in place it's starting to feel like Ben Johnson might have just wanted to stay, and in no way was that a reflection on us.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair and I would agree mostly.

I think the rivera tenure was bad for the fanbase because it gave false hope. Fans thought the coach centric model would free us of Snyder mingling and tyranny.

We traded one tyrant for another basically. Given Rivera is a good person with a moral compass, but his power was absolute and he was surrounded by yes men. It was never going to work and I said that.

I think we were always looking for someone to challenge snyder. That hope came in the form of Spurrier, Gibbs, Shanahan, Bruce Allen, mcgloughan, and then rivera.

They all failed in the long haul. As you know, it was the rivera hire that made me throw in the towel. I argued for 4 years about the absurdity of it and got into some nasty arguments about it. Some fans and posters were still on board with rivera up to 3 months ago. Various fan site polls showed that as well. I am not the smartest one in the room, but Rivera was a mistake and was never going to work.

The difference now is that Snyder is gone and that solves a good bit of the problem. Snyder never wanted a good GM, he wanted someone he could control. Harris, in my opinion, wants to win and would hire Santa Claus if it got results. He appears to not be jealous and wants a successful organization, not an empire.

No clue if it will work, but at least it's a new approach that mirrors strategy that has worked in the nfl.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you a GM would turn it around.
We actually have a front office now and not a fantasy front office that Rivera tried to sell us.

i like the coaches being hired and the GM. If we hit on the #2 pick that would be huge.