• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins hire Peters to be the new GM

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can check with the SF guys who come here, not sure that Peters was a big FA guy. I think he relied on the draft and trades more.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good , looks like they are getting good FO. People and a staff as well in here . Now it’s about gelling and executing,
See what happens in a professional outfit now. I'm cautiously optimistic

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the closest thing we have seen in 25 years to a well run organization. No telling how it works out but I think it is something we have all hoped for .... for a very long time.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or at least an organization that seems to have a plan.
I think that is it.

This could all not work. We don't know. We very well could win 4 games again in 2024 and not make progress over the next 5 years.

I dont think that is the case, but I don't know.

The difference between the peters tenure and the rivera tenure for example, is confidence.
I had no confidence in Rivera because there was no reason to. Rivera was clueless on how front offfices work.

Peters and Newmark have experience and years of experience with winning organizations. That gives me confidence because you know there is a plan. Will they plan work is the question.

I honestly don't think Rivera had a real plan or strategy. He admitted to espn that he didn't know what he was doing some of the time.

It's a miracle that we won 4 games in all honesty.

My guess is that peters and Newmark will have a plan, but also come up with back up plans. I don't think Allen or Rivera ever had contigent plans.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet we have a solid free agent and draft plan...ones that actually make sense.

I actually think we will be aggressive in free agency. I think Quinn will bring in several players who fit his defense.

I think these will be cheaper, short term deals for players who were reserve players.
harris says the moves hey make and th players signed will be dettremined by discussion and talk.no more signing players on a whim likes snyder did.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is it.

This could all not work. We don't know. We very well could win 4 games again in 2024 and not make progress over the next 5 years.

I dont think that is the case, but I don't know.

The difference between the peters tenure and the rivera tenure for example, is confidence.
I had no confidence in Rivera because there was no reason to. Rivera was clueless on how front offfices work.

Peters and Newmark have experience and years of experience with winning organizations. That gives me confidence because you know there is a plan. Will they plan work is the question.

I honestly don't think Rivera had a real plan or strategy. He admitted to espn that he didn't know what he was doing some of the time.

It's a miracle that we won 4 games in all honesty.

My guess is that peters and Newmark will have a plan, but also come up with back up plans. I don't think Allen or Rivera ever had contigent plans.
If Rivera had a plan, it was to replicate what failed in Carolina. The key piece there being Cam Newton when things did go well.
The new group seems to be on a path to at least consider how it all fits together that garners success, but on that, time will tell.
I'm sure that they have a plan, that's not based on fortuitous circumstances, or any of that other nonsense previously talked about on this board. We as fans/followers and supporters have to expect better from our team and those who run them, otherwise there's an open invitation from us to them to continue selling BS in the form of hope!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first step is to get a great GM from a consistently well run organization who has a smart plan. Check.

The next step is to have him fill out a staff with other quality coaches from other successful well run organizations. Check.

Now they all need time to get on the same page with the plan for the rest of the offseason, the players they do have, the draft, a plan for facilities, external and internal communications, chain of command, etc.

With professionals in the building at seemingly all levels of the organization right now, things seem to be trending positively.

Of course, we’ve seen rebuilds before, with other “professionals” at the helm…..

If football in the fall is at least not embarrassing for the commanders and us fans - admittedly a low bar - then I would think we’re heading into truly uncharted waters towards respectability.

Let’s see how they do. A lot of cooks (as skinzfan said) need to learn how to cook together.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first step is to get a great GM from a consistently well run organization who has a smart plan. Check.

The next step is to have him fill out a staff with other quality coaches from other successful well run organizations. Check.

Now they all need time to get on the same page with the plan for the rest of the offseason, the players they do have, the draft, a plan for facilities, external and internal communications, chain of command, etc.

With professionals in the building at seemingly all levels of the organization right now, things seem to be trending positively.

Of course, we’ve seen rebuilds before, with other “professionals” at the helm…..

If football in the fall is at least not embarrassing for the commanders and us fans - admittedly a low bar - then I would think we’re heading into truly uncharted waters towards respectability.

Let’s see how they do. A lot of cooks (as skinzfan said) need to learn how to cook together.
We have a Chiller sighting ladies and gentlemen..

The man, the myth...the legend...the Peoples Champ.

I hope all is well brother.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend I will come up with my plan . Outstanding post chiller

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With professionals in the building running things now, I fully expect Peters & Co to get as much young talent as possible in this upcoming draft. Possibly Allen/Howell/Picks package to get back into round 1 to take another impact player. I see no stone being left unturned. Isn't that what it's all about?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want Caleb, and they are going to try like hell to get him, but I think they are content with Drake and Jayden.

I don't want them to max out the credit cards, but I hope Peters doesn't pull a Bruce Allen and go radio silent on day one and two of free agency.

A Dalton Schultz, Tyron Smith, maybe Brian Burns if he's not franchised. One of those three wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want Caleb, and they are going to try like hell to get him, but I think they are content with Drake and Jayden.
Peters is certainly not tipping his hand which is the right thing to do.

I think Burns would cost a boat load ... if they can get Schultz on decent contracts I would be okay. I think Jonah Williams could be interesting too.

There are so many holes to fill. I am really looking forward to how they do it. I am really anxious to see how the collaboration between Peters and Quinn is going to work. My take on it is Quinn will tell Peters what kind of player they want and Adam will look to fill that bill. That is why I mentioned UDFAs earlier. Maybe they can sign some guys with specific skills and let them fill those roles even if it is only for a couple of years. I have sat down and looked as Sport Trac the last few days and said .... damn we have a lot of holes.

I am in the Daniels or Maye camp, whatever they think.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is certainly not tipping his hand which is the right thing to do.

I think Burns would cost a boat load ... if they can get Schultz on decent contracts I would be okay. I think Jonah Williams could be interesting too.

There are so many holes to fill. I am really looking forward to how they do it. I am really anxious to see how the collaboration between Peters and Quinn is going to work. My take on it is Quinn will tell Peters what kind of player they want and Adam will look to fill that bill. That is why I mentioned UDFAs earlier. Maybe they can sign some guys with specific skills and let them fill those roles even if it is only for a couple of years. I have sat down and looked as Sport Trac the last few days and said .... damn we have a lot of holes.

I am in the Daniels or Maye camp, whatever they think.
One thing for sure after the Leno and Gates releases, they are going to attack offensive line. I don't see Burns but I wouldn't be mad at it.

Samuels is probably gone. If they could somehow get Worthy at 36 I'd be stoked. I know they met with Malik Washington from UVA a bunch. Could probably get him in the 4th. He had a good vertical.

I do expect a bunch of low cost free agents.