• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newmark Asst. GM

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the coaches being hired and the GM. If we hit on the #2 pick that would be huge.
Well, that's what a successful GM does. It starts from the top down.

That is why the rivera tenure was never going to work. He never had the skillset to create an efficent and successful front office.

That is why you and eye disagreed for 4 years. I never believed in riveras front office ability and you did. Unfortunately, losing was going to be the only vehicle to get him out so we could build correctly. So yeah,I knew we had to lose for that happen and welcomed it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair and I would agree mostly.

I think the rivera tenure was bad for the fanbase because it gave false hope. Fans thought the coach centric model would free us of Snyder mingling and tyranny.

We traded one tyrant for another basically. Given Rivera is a good person with a moral compass, but his power was absolute and he was surrounded by yes men. It was never going to work and I said that.

I think we were always looking for someone to challenge snyder. That hope came in the form of Spurrier, Gibbs, Shanahan, Bruce Allen, mcgloughan, and then rivera.

They all failed in the long haul. As you know, it was the rivera hire that made me throw in the towel. I argued for 4 years about the absurdity of it and got into some nasty arguments about it. Some fans and posters were still on board with rivera up to 3 months ago. Various fan site polls showed that as well. I am not the smartest one in the room, but Rivera was a mistake and was never going to work.

The difference now is that Snyder is gone and that solves a good bit of the problem. Snyder never wanted a good GM, he wanted someone he could control. Harris, in my opinion, wants to win and would hire Santa Claus if it got results. He appears to not be jealous and wants a successful organization, not an empire.

No clue if it will work, but at least it's a new approach that mirrors strategy that has worked in the nfl.
I was a little late to the party. It took the Bears game this year before I finally pulled the ripcord on Rivera and JDR. Still think Ron as flawed as he was, was the best Dan could get.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little late to the party. It took the Bears game this year before I finally pulled the ripcord on Rivera and JDR. Still think Ron as flawed as he was, was the best Dan could get.
I think we are evolving as a fan base because snyder deprived us of success for too long.

For example, the passing and run game coordinators. We haven't had those under gruden or Rivera and I am clearly learning about that role. Low and behold, many teams utilize them. Maybe Zorn, gruden and Rivera had them...I just didn't know.
You learn something new each day and now I know..lol. Clearly I didn't know what those roles entailed and I do now.

Regarding Rivera, I think it is similar. We had not had a traditional GM for over 20 years, so it wasn't on the radar of the fanbase or most of them it seemed. That is what set me off. Having Rivera serve as GM and coach made me bonkers. Rivera the coach was ok, but he was in no way qualified to be GM. That is why I left for about 6 months...I was flat out ticked that our GM was Ron rivera. He then proceeded to wreck the roster for 4 years.

My point is we don't know what we don't know. We are now exposed to the modern NFL because snyder purposely kept us in the dark ages.

We now have a real GM, real assistant GM,.competent coaching staff, and most importantly, a real owner. I think things will be run differently and we will be pleased with the results.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's what a successful GM does. It starts from the top down.

That is why the rivera tenure was never going to work. He never had the skillset to create an efficent and successful front office.

That is why you and eye disagreed for 4 years. I never believed in riveras front office ability and you did. Unfortunately, losing was going to be the only vehicle to get him out so we could build correctly. So yeah,I knew we had to lose for that happen and welcomed it.
Name one staff under Snyder that was good at the things you mentioned. Some might have been better but Snyder interfered.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one staff under Snyder that was good at the things you mentioned. Some might have been better but Snyder interfered.
I don't think any coaching staff ever had a traditional GM to work with. Rivera could have, but he decided to be his own GM. Correct me if I am wrong here:

Turner, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn= Cerrato
Shanahan = Allen
Gruden = Allen and McGloughan
Rivera = Rivera

I dont consider Cerrato a GM. He was a yes man to snyder and simply carried out his fantasy football wishes.

I don't consider Allen a GM either. He was a good cap guy, but he also carried out the wishes of Snyder.

Rivera was the only coach who had total power. Snyder was a crappy owner, but Rivera had more latitude than any of the other coaches above.

Personal opinion, snyder left Rivera alone as he was running for his life. I don't think snyder was heavily involved with Rivera. Suppose snyder was involved, that would have stopped in year 4 when the team was for sale and an agreement was reached in April 2023. In other words, snyder would not have mingled in the 2023 draft and probably not in free agency.

No coach did less with more than Rivera. The other coaches had to deal with a phony GM. Rivera did not.
I stated Rivera the GM would cause damage to the organization and i was told to have faith and hope. This is a message board, not a revival. I can't understand why fans or posters were excited about Rivera being the GM and having total control.

I wish somebody would explain that to me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any coaching staff ever had a traditional GM to work with. Rivera could have, but he decided to be his own GM. Correct me if I am wrong here:

Turner, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn= Cerrato
Shanahan = Allen
Gruden = Allen and McGloughan
Rivera = Rivera

I dont consider Cerrato a GM. He was a yes man to snyder and simply carried out his fantasy football wishes.

I don't consider Allen a GM either. He was a good cap guy, but he also carried out the wishes of Snyder.

Rivera was the only coach who had total power. Snyder was a crappy owner, but Rivera had more latitude than any of the other coaches above.

Personal opinion, snyder left Rivera alone as he was running for his life. I don't think snyder was heavily involved with Rivera. Suppose snyder was involved, that would have stopped in year 4 when the team was for sale and an agreement was reached in April 2023. In other words, snyder would not have mingled in the 2023 draft and probably not in free agency.

No coach did less with more than Rivera. The other coaches had to deal with a phony GM. Rivera did not.
I stated Rivera the GM would cause damage to the organization and i was told to have faith and hope. This is a message board, not a revival. I can't understand why fans or posters were excited about Rivera being the GM and having total control.

I wish somebody would explain that to me.
I know how much you did not like Rivera. Message received and and agreed upon.

I never thought of Vinny or Bruce as anything but yes men. Dan gave RR the job titles. RR wasn't good and especially that last year. It really doesn't matten whether the first turd or the last turd smelled the worst. It was all shit.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how much you did not like Rivera. Message received and and agreed upon.

I never thought of Vinny or Bruce as anything but yes men. Dan gave RR the job titles. RR wasn't good and especially that last year. It really doesn't matten whether the first turd or the last turd smelled the worst. It was all shit.
Let me ask you this, why did Cerrato or Allen never go to the media and tell the truth about snyder?

Wasn't the whole Gruden leak an effort to make Allen look bad?

Maybe Cerrato was paid well and agreed with snyder?

I will tell you this, snyder has wronged many people, but few have spoken out.
The cheerleaders who spoke out were awesome. I applaud them and hope they made a fortune.

When I hear about the redskins under snyder, it reads like a mafia novel. I honestly feel like I am watching Good Fellas or The Godfather Part 2.

I believe every word you and your family has said.
I believe every word the cheerleaders said.

The problem is, nobody seemed to care. That is a mystery to me.
It's a stain on this franchise that will take time to remove.

I still feel snyder has gotten away with ruining or hurting many has come across. It's sad...

Not sure which president said it but..
Happy days are here again.

Was it FDR or Ike?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this, why did Cerrato or Allen never go to the media and tell the truth about snyder?

Wasn't the whole Gruden leak an effort to make Allen look bad?

Maybe Cerrato was paid well and agreed with snyder?

I will tell you this, snyder has wronged many people, but few have spoken out.
The cheerleaders who spoke out were awesome. I applaud them and hope they made a fortune.

When I hear about the redskins under snyder, it reads like a mafia novel. I honestly feel like I am watching Good Fellas or The Godfather Part 2.

I believe every word you and your family has said.
I believe every word the cheerleaders said.

The problem is, nobody seemed to care. That is a mystery to me.
It's a stain on this franchise that will take time to remove.

I still feel snyder has gotten away with ruining or hurting many has come across. It's sad...

Not sure which president said it but..
Happy days are here again.

Was it FDR or Ike?
I think the answer is Vinny and Bruce are culpable.

The good news about Dan, my family and friends he didn't harm them. He was just a Richard.

I listened to Kingsbury and Whitt Jr and after the Whitt spoke I wanted to put on pads (yeah I am too old) and go play. There is a lot to happen still but I haven't been this excited in a long time.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the hire.

We picked two men from successful organizations who helped guide those franchises.

Can't wait for free agency and the draft.