• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smoked turkey came out awesome and the end of the game was pretty good.

This team can play well, but damn it, they can't keep taking a half or more off before turning it on if they want to beat some of the teams they have coming up. KC won't be a joke and you can bet their fans are going to bring the noise with the little rivalry we have. Zona, 9'ers, lots of challenge coming.

:hungry::hungry::hungry:

What type.of smoker do you have? I have a Traeger. Haven't done a whole turkey yet but I have smoked a breast and legs.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just jumped to the end and had to comment on the Giants Defenders who just stopped and decided not to do anything and stand there and watch.....what a pathetic defensive group

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Wilson have a good day passing the ball, he's be in a funk lately.

Granted a top passing game would be welcome, but i'll take 100+ yards rushing with a TD as a second choice. What I don't want is turnovers. Without his turnovers, this game is a blowout early on. He needs to focus on passing conservatively, throwing bombs off play action with very low turnover odds, and taking what the defense gives. He needs to stay out of his own way, and to stay out of the run game's way. The O line is custom designed to run the hell out of the ball (when intact, and it's close to intact now). This team should run the wheels off of Lynch, keep themselves healthy, play smart, and get back a couple more key injured components (Kam being foremost, now, though getting back Lemuel Jeanpierre would be nice, too). If they do, and the results show in the huge divisional games that are upcoming, the future is bright.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hungry::hungry::hungry:

What type.of smoker do you have? I have a Traeger. Haven't done a whole turkey yet but I have smoked a breast and legs.

Pit Barrel Cooker

Great unit. Can smoke up to 8 full racks of ribs at one time and just about anything else you can think of.

It can easily cook up to a 35lb bird if you want to.

This was kind of a dry run for Thanksgiving. Testing out different flavor profiles. Still going to cook a normal full bird in the oven and a full bone-in breast on the smoker. Today's was an 8lb breast and it was freaking outstanding. Cooked for about 3 hours. Tender, juicy, lots of flavor.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update
Az- Palmer torn ACL done for the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update

That really sucks. He took years to get back to form after the last time it happened. He doesn't have more years to recover now. I would much rather face the Cards at their best, and beat them, than face them crippled. I admit that part of my preference is that losing to a Drew Stanton-led team would be a real embarrassment. A bigger part, however, is that beating a team that is crippled by injuries just doesn't feel as fair, as meaningful, or as satisfying. I want our team to win it all, again, facing the best possible opponents. And yeah, I'm that picky and particular. It comes from a deep-seated preference for equity and fairness.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Wilson have a good day passing the ball, he's be in a funk lately.

Yeah he's been a little off... But he's always good when it counts ... That's the most important part... He'll clean it up soon enough...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update

That's brutal... Palmer isn't and elite qb, but he's definitley good at times ... This will set them back a bit for sure... Man that's a tough break for the Cards...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks. He took years to get back to form after the last time it happened. He doesn't have more years to recover now. I would much rather face the Cards at their best, and beat them, than face them crippled. I admit that part of my preference is that losing to a Drew Stanton-led team would be a real embarrassment. A bigger part, however, is that beating a team that is crippled by injuries just doesn't feel as fair, as meaningful, or as satisfying. I want our team to win it all, again, facing the best possible opponents. And yeah, I'm that picky and particular. It comes from a deep-seated preference for equity and fairness.

That's noble and all, but F that. Cards have been fairly healthy this year. Yah they lost some pieces BEFORE the season started (little different) but Seattle has dealt with crazy injuries all year. O-line decimated, ENTIRE starting LBer core out at one point, 3/4 corners out, SS out, D-line now getting banged up, basically 1st-3rd string TEs out....

I'll take whatever I can get. Nobody remembers end of day which team was banged up or that the Cards lost their starting QB. It's Carson freaking Palmer, not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Carson 'lock on / dump down' Palmer is really not a reason the Cards should worry. They've got a decent O-Line now, an explosive back, and targets that anyone could somewhat chuck the ball up to, backed by a nasty D.

No sympathy for them, just like I wouldn't want any team feeling sympathy for ours if Russ went down.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I don't respect the Cards, but once we get our key guys back I feel confident beating the cards with or without Carson Palmer

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants flat out gave up....period...watch the one run by Lynch...2 Giant defenders just stood there and watched his td run, pathetic

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well losing your starting QB sucks, but tough titty, shit happens. Personally I think the Cards are still very dangerous. However their schedule looks tough. Here's to the Lions knocking them for a lose.:suds:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted a top passing game would be welcome, but i'll take 100+ yards rushing with a TD as a second choice. What I don't want is turnovers. Without his turnovers, this game is a blowout early on. He needs to focus on passing conservatively, throwing bombs off play action with very low turnover odds, and taking what the defense gives. He needs to stay out of his own way, and to stay out of the run game's way. The O line is custom designed to run the hell out of the ball (when intact, and it's close to intact now). This team should run the wheels off of Lynch, keep themselves healthy, play smart, and get back a couple more key injured components (Kam being foremost, now, though getting back Lemuel Jeanpierre would be nice, too). If they do, and the results show in the huge divisional games that are upcoming, the future is bright.

Wilson has not been himself at all, and his ints were bad. But to be fair he has the all time worst oc calling the plays and playing behind one of the league's Worst pass protecting OLs.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing a team at their best is crazy talk. Hardly ever does a team face another at their best, ever. Do you feel bad beating the Broncos in the Super Bowl because they were missing Von Miller & Ryan Clady; two major components on both side of the ball? Hell no! The worse thing that happened to the Cards this week was that dumb contract they gave Palmer, not his injury. That team is Defense first, and a solid run game second. Nothing has changed for the Hawks by this injury, we have a tough couple of games against them. As we get healthier I like our chances.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle caught a break which is something we haven't had a whole lot of. Sucks to see Palmer go down but that is life in the NFL and hopefully the breaks start going our way.