• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Documentary on Miles Davis/Jazz (Birth of the Cool)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up for this one.

@blindbaby

@Wazmankg

also...I'm drawing a blank right now on who else on tHoop I should tag/alert that might be interested about this doc....so if either of you have an idea who the jazz fans are, feel free to tag them or let me know. Thanks.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up for this one.

@blindbaby

@Wazmankg

also...I'm drawing a blank right now on who else on tHoop I should tag/alert that might be interested about this doc....so if either of you have an idea who the jazz fans are, feel free to tag them or let me know. Thanks.

@gohusk

I just recalled our convo a few weeks ago about Herbie Hancock & Kamasi Washington.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up for this one.

@blindbaby

@Wazmankg

I'll definitely be looking out for that one. Hell, I'm still looking out for the Weather Report documentary.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, like for 4 years. I'm not sure what's going on and why, but it's very disappointing that they can't get this thing released.

Yep..definitely a head scratcher. They might be currently entangled with some outside legal issues with the estates of a few of the deceased artists/musicians involved...or it could just be a simple case of creative indifference that's holding things up? It's been known to happen after all. Anyhow, for better or worse, I remain confident that it'll be released soon...and am really looking forward to it.

Btw: do you remember which poster used a pic of Thelonious Monk +/or Charles Mingus for his avatar?
I wanted to tag him about this Miles doc too, but can't recall his screen name.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..definitely a head scratcher. They might be currently entangled with some outside legal issues with the estates of a few of the deceased artists/musicians involved...or it could just be a simple case of creative indifference that's holding things up? It's been known to happen after all. Anyhow, for better or worse, I remain confident that it'll be released soon...and am really looking forward to it.

Btw: do you remember which poster used a pic of Thelonious Monk +/or Charles Mingus for his avatar?
I wanted to tag him about this Miles doc too, but can't recall his screen name.

I remember @Wazmankg having a Monk in his avy. Other than that, I have no idea.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3