• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neb DT Transferring to OU

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bizarre. The root cause is for sure playing time though. He wouldn't be leaving if he was gonna start.

I'm guessing there'll be some kind of "he wanted to be closer to home" type of reasoning coming out from him or his father considering he's from Texas.

He didn't redshirt, so he has 2 years of eligibility left after he redshirts in 2014. His father played basketball for OU.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has gone full switzer mode, ready to take any criminal and dead beat others don't want.

... He was a good kid and we could have always used the extra depth. Never got in trouble here and never publicly complained. No one has said a cross word about him since he's been here.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... He was a good kid and we could have always used the extra depth. Never got in trouble here and never publicly complained. No one has said a cross word about him since he's been here.

no need to let facts get in the way of a john boy rant, ya know?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's rush defense fucking sucks. They need the help. Looking forward to Gray and Brown throat fuck that defense mercilessly again....

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fine, he was a choir boy who couldn't get playing time at a middle of the pack big ten school. OU must be thrilled to have him. It is refreshing that ou picked up a player without an arrest record.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, he was a choir boy who couldn't get playing time at a middle of the pack big ten school. OU must be thrilled to have him. It is refreshing that ou picked up a player without an arrest record.

7a7181143b6f7b485e12c378ff6eda81b986b55f12167a055195badba793ebbd.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't redshirt, so he has 2 years of eligibility left after he redshirts in 2014. His father played basketball for OU.

It is not the # of years he has left. I just saw he was a juior. I assumed he redshirted, which would have been 3 years of college. I wasn't thinking about the year off for transferring. My thinking was the transferring process. I assumed he was on scholarship, so money probably wasn't an issue (which would be the case for that Tulsa player if he lost his schalorship).

If he just has gen eds and introduction courses to his major, then transferring wouldn't be that much of a problem. I would think OU would except them. But the 200 and 300 courses he probably took might not be transferred.

I went from CC to 4-year private college and I had some 200 courses that didn't transfer.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the # of years he has left. I just saw he was a juior. I assumed he redshirted, which would have been 3 years of college. I wasn't thinking about the year off for transferring. My thinking was the transferring process. I assumed he was on scholarship, so money probably wasn't an issue (which would be the case for that Tulsa player if he lost his schalorship).

If he just has gen eds and introduction courses to his major, then transferring wouldn't be that much of a problem. I would think OU would except them. But the 200 and 300 courses he probably took might not be transferred.

I went from CC to 4-year private college and I had some 200 courses that didn't transfer.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Stoops will get down on his knees and beg the NCAA for this kid to immediately be eligible, the way he's been doing it for the one that was kicked out of MIZZOU for doing/dealing drugs and beating a chick?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moot point.....

NORMAN — Turns out, Nebraska defensive tackle Aaron Curry, will not be transferring to Oklahoma.
After reports surfaced Monday morning listing OU as Curry’s, likely destination, SoonerScoop.com is now reporting Curry will transfer somewhere closer to his family’s home than Nebraska. Curry’s father told SoonerScoop the Sooners did not have a scholarship available and that his son would not be walking on in Norman.

Curry started eight games for the Cornhuskers last season.

He was a three-star recruit out of Fossil Ridge High in Keller, Texas, two years ago, and chose the Cornhuskers over offers from Baylor, Kansas State, Missouri, TCU and Texas A&M, among others.

He didn’t have an Oklahoma offer coming out of high school.

Curry’s father, Aaron Curry Sr., played basketball at Oklahoma.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad and his HS coach orchestrated the whole thing. He can't actually talk to the OU coaches, so it really is bizarre that he would throw away a scholarship to move two states down just to walk on even if he was the 5th option at DT here without even speaking one word to Stoops and the staff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why am I not surprised to see this post?

:noidea:

:L

Because your program has tried to protect 3 woman abusers, a guy with sexual assault charges, a guy who threw a woman down the stairs, and a guy who crushed a girls face with his fist.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because your program has tried to protect 3 woman abusers, a guy with sexual assault charges, a guy who threw a woman down the stairs, and a guy who crushed a girls face with his fist.

Sounds like a championship team in the making to me :noidea:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you non-Nebraska people confusing Aaron Curry with Avery Moss?

I think Curry is rethinking OU.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really want to go there?

Lawrence Phillips ring a bell...there wasn't any TRY to it...

Phillips was arrested for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Kate McEwen, a basketball player for the Nebraska women's team and was subsequently suspended by Head Coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with perceptions arising that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game, although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.