• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA reducing sanctions against PSU

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIAP --

This is good, but still not good enough. There should have been ZERO sanctions on Penn st. It's a fucking shame that the NCAA even stuck their fat ass nose in this. This was a criminal case, had nothing to do with football or the NCAA. I know that's been said a thousand times by some, but there it is again.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have but what are you going to do when the investigation ends with the district attorney saying there isn't even enough to warrant any charges? I believe at that point Joe thought Jerry was involved in some bad shit but couldn't do more than speed up his retirement.

I get frustrated when people think that Joe had the power to be the police, district attorney's office & judge when he already had a job.

I think everyone had an "OH SHIT" moment in 2002.

Makes sense man what your saying....

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely innocent? I don't know!! What I do know is that in all of this there was only one person who actually reported it to those who were supposed to handle it and only one person who has taken any responsiblity whatsoever and that was JoePa.

JoePa reported it to Curley, Spanier and Schultz as he was required to do according to university policy and Pennsylvania law at the time (I believe that law has since been changed). He also was the only one who accepted any responsibility when he said "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more"!!

Everyone else involved has been happy to hide behind JoePa while everyone blamed him!!

Those other guys aren't the face of the school, like JoPa was. It is a sad story, because JoPa was a real American icon. But, you can't deny that, as a leader in the institution, he could have done much more, and a lot earlier. If he reported it to others, he should have followed up on it. He should have been asking why Sandusky was still hanging around on campus, and of all places, in the fucking locker rooms. He should have DEMANDED that Sandusky never be let on campus again!! But, in choosing to ignore the problem, perhaps because Sandusky was his friend and ally, Paterno ruined his own iconic legacy. End of a sad story.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a little snippet from the timeline back in 2002..

A graduate assistant reports seeing Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in the showers at Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, March 1. The assault on the boy, who Kelly said "appeared to be about 10 years old," is reported to Paterno the next day. Paterno, in turn, passes the information to Curley one day later.

The graduate assistant, who has since been identified as current Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary, meets with Curley and Schultz, but not Paterno, some 10 days later. According to McQueary, he told them that he had seen Sandusky having sex with a boy in the showers. No report is made to police or to any child protection agency — a breach of state law, prosecutors say.

Two weeks later, Curley tells McQueary that Sandusky's keys to the locker room have been taken away and that the incident was reported to The Second Mile charity.

Sandusky is banned from bringing children onto the Penn State campus in a decision reviewed and approved by Spanier, the university president.

~There is your oh shit moment... Only 1 person reported up the chain of command and then it stopped. We are hoping to find out why. It wasn't until 2009 that the mother of Victim 1 contacted the Clinton county school district about Sandusky molesting her son that the real authorities were contacted. At that point they banned Sandusky from their campuses & contacted the authorities. Then and only then did everything begin to end.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does PSU get their 112 wins back too?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To deny that Paterno knew about Sandusky is just blind idol-worship. He knew, and he could have done more. He even said as much, himself.

It has been written many times that you are a troll. I can now confirm it for myself.

To accuse someone of something that you were not there to substantiate is shallow.

Everyone who worked with the Penn State football program wish they had done more.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does PSU get their 112 wins back too?

No way dude. They had a huge advantage with Sandusky fucking little boys, just think how bad that defense would've sucked if Sandusky had a raging hard-on all the time. It would've severely effected his coaching.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have but what are you going to do when the investigation ends with the district attorney saying there isn't even enough to warrant any charges? I believe at that point Joe thought Jerry was involved in some bad shit but couldn't do more than speed up his retirement.

I get frustrated when people think that Joe had the power to be the police, district attorney's office & judge when he already had a job.

I think everyone had an "OH SHIT" moment in 2002.

Here's a little snippet from the timeline back in 2002..

A graduate assistant reports seeing Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in the showers at Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, March 1. The assault on the boy, who Kelly said "appeared to be about 10 years old," is reported to Paterno the next day. Paterno, in turn, passes the information to Curley one day later.

The graduate assistant, who has since been identified as current Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary, meets with Curley and Schultz, but not Paterno, some 10 days later. According to McQueary, he told them that he had seen Sandusky having sex with a boy in the showers. No report is made to police or to any child protection agency — a breach of state law, prosecutors say.

Two weeks later, Curley tells McQueary that Sandusky's keys to the locker room have been taken away and that the incident was reported to The Second Mile charity.

Sandusky is banned from bringing children onto the Penn State campus in a decision reviewed and approved by Spanier, the university president.

~There is your oh shit moment... Only 1 person reported up the chain of command and then it stopped. We are hoping to find out why. It wasn't until 2009 that the mother of Victim 1 contacted the Clinton county school district about Sandusky molesting her son that the real authorities were contacted. At that point they banned Sandusky from their campuses & contacted the authorities. Then and only then did everything begin to end.

No people expected him to be "Joe Paterno" the moral leader of that university. He found out what happened and did the bare minimum. Is really all he should have done? Could he not at minimum asked about the child? Shouldn't the childs welfare be of some concern to this person who was billed as such a great and honorable man?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those other guys aren't the face of the school, like JoPa was. It is a sad story, because JoPa was a real American icon. But, you can't deny that, as a leader in the institution, he could have done much more, and a lot earlier. If he reported it to others, he should have followed up on it. He should have been asking why Sandusky was still hanging around on campus, and of all places, in the fucking locker rooms. He should have DEMANDED that Sandusky never be let on campus again!! But, in choosing to ignore the problem, perhaps because Sandusky was his friend and ally, Paterno ruined his own iconic legacy. End of a sad story.

That's just it though!! He did do all that he could!! Sandusky had been investigated in 1998 and the charges were dropped by the D.A.!! Do you honestly think that JoePa had the power to overrule the D.A.?

Also, being the face of something, doesn't mean that you are in charge of what you are the face of!! Over the last 10+ years people were calling JoePa a figurehead and saying that he was no longer really coaching or running the program. Then this happens and suddenly he is omnipotent!!

JoePa did the only thing that he could do at that point which was to basically force Sandusky into early retirement!! When Sandusky retired, he was given emeritus status, an office on campus and freedom to go anywhere on campus that he wanted. This was given to him by the Board of Trustees, not JoePa. JoePa did not have near the power (especially over the last decade) that people attribute to him.

Of course Sandusky used his emeritus status to hang around the football facility, he had been a coach there. Do you think he was going to spend his time hanging out in the English Dept. or Science labs?

JoePa did not ignore it, he reported it to the people that he was required by law to report it to and trusted that they would do their jobs. They didn't. As for Joe asking about it later. We don't know if he did or not. He may very well have asked and was told that it's being taken care of. Unfortunately, we will never know because he is gone and I really doubt Curley, Schultz and Spanier are suddenly going to come clean and tell us everything that JoePa did or didn't do.

I honestly don't know what more he could have done other than consume Sandusky with fireballs shot from his ass!!

I do find it interesting that you call him and icon, but are so quick to think that he was part of this cover up and want him torn down for it!! Of course, it seems that in todays society, the only thing we like better than building someone up, is tearing them down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No people expected him to be "Joe Paterno" the moral leader of that university. He found out what happened and did the bare minimum. Is really all he should have done? Could he not at minimum asked about the child? Shouldn't the childs welfare be of some concern to this person who was billed as such a great and honorable man?

How do you know he didn't? For all we know, he did ask and was told it's being handled.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though!! He did do all that he could!! Sandusky had been investigated in 1998 and the charges were dropped by the D.A.!! Do you honestly think that JoePa had the power to overrule the D.A.?

Also, being the face of something, doesn't mean that you are in charge of what you are the face of!! Over the last 10+ years people were calling JoePa a figurehead and saying that he was no longer really coaching or running the program. Then this happens and suddenly he is omnipotent!!

JoePa did the only thing that he could do at that point which was to basically force Sandusky into early retirement!! When Sandusky retired, he was given emeritus status, an office on campus and freedom to go anywhere on campus that he wanted. This was given to him by the Board of Trustees, not JoePa. JoePa did not have near the power (especially over the last decade) that people attribute to him.

Of course Sandusky used his emeritus status to hang around the football facility, he had been a coach there. Do you think he was going to spend his time hanging out in the English Dept. or Science labs?

JoePa did not ignore it, he reported it to the people that he was required by law to report it to and trusted that they would do their jobs. They didn't. As for Joe asking about it later. We don't know if he did or not. He may very well have asked and was told that it's being taken care of. Unfortunately, we will never know because he is gone and I really doubt Curley, Schultz and Spanier are suddenly going to come clean and tell us everything that JoePa did or didn't do.

I honestly don't know what more he could have done other than consume Sandusky with fireballs shot from his ass!!

I do find it interesting that you call him and icon, but are so quick to think that he was part of this cover up and want him torn down for it!! Of course, it seems that in todays society, the only thing we like better than building someone up, is tearing them down.
He could have asked how the child was.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me a fucking break!! JoPa had plenty enough power in that institution to have Sandusky removed................PERIOD! He chose not to do so, simply because Sandusky was his friend. Now, go back and bury your head in the sand.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have asked how the child was.

How was he supposed to do that? No one knew who the child was? Remember, McQueary ran out of the lockerroom without finding out the identity of the child. JoePa wasn't even informed until the next day. No one knew who the kid was until 2009 when it was finally reported.

How do you know that Sandusky wasn't asked and simply denied what McQueary said he saw?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been written many times that you are a troll. I can now confirm it for myself.

To accuse someone of something that you were not there to substantiate is shallow.

Everyone who worked with the Penn State football program wish they had done more.

So, let me get this right. To express an opinion on a thread is the actions of a troll? I guess there are lots of trolls on here, then.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break!! JoPa had plenty enough power in that institution to have Sandusky removed................PERIOD! He chose not to do so, simply because Sandusky was his friend. Now, go back and bury your head in the sand.

Did you read any posts in this thread? Damn dude.... Get a clue.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was he supposed to do that? No one knew who the child was? Remember, McQueary ran out of the lockerroom without finding out the identity of the child. JoePa wasn't even informed until the next day. No one knew who the kid was until 2009 when it was finally reported.

How do you know that Sandusky wasn't asked and simply denied what McQueary said he saw?
That is the problem I have with Joe's involvement. He should have asked. If they told them they do no know, he should have made an effort to find out. Could Sandusky have denied if asked, sure but since he was not asked we will never know. You cant blame someone for trying and failing but you can blame them for not trying at all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?!? Where's your proof of that? I can show you many things that happened over the last several years at PSU that went directly against JoePa's wishes and would indicate that he didn't have anywhere near the power that he had in his younger days!!

And btw, "everyone knows he had that kind of power" isn't proof!!

Now feel free pick up your torch and pitchfork along with the rest of the mob that hasn't bothered to educate themselves on this.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way dude. They had a huge advantage with Sandusky fucking little boys, just think how bad that defense would've sucked if Sandusky had a raging hard-on all the time. It would've severely effected his coaching.
:laugh3::laugh3:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem I have with Joe's involvement. He should have asked. If they told them they do no know, he should have made an effort to find out. Could Sandusky have denied if asked, sure but since he was not asked we will never know. You cant blame someone for trying and failing but you can blame them for not trying at all.

NO. no no no... That is the problem you should have with Curley and Schultz's involvement. THAT WAS THEIR JOB.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^