• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA reducing sanctions against PSU

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sticky situation, and I understand not everyone will share my opinion on the matter, I guess I just don't see how punishing the institution has any affect on the perpetrators that are no longer AT said institution...

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
viewtopic.php

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the victims are finally receiving settlements with their lawsuits.

I'm glad Sandusky is in jail.

I'm glad the courts system is lining up Curley and Schultz for their involvement in hiding information from everyone. If convicted, they will have much to pay as well.

And finally, I'm glad the NCAA is returning scholarships. Those who haven't suffered enough.....will soon. Those who had nothing to do with this can get on with their lives.

The finger pointing must stop. It's time to get back to football.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A majority agrees with me, you are in the minority.

Do you have anything to back this up? I haven't seen any polling data on he subject in months and don't remember public perception swinging in your direction at that time. Even if you are correct (which I don't think you are), majority does not negate the opinion of the minority opinion.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sticky situation, and I understand not everyone will share my opinion on the matter, I guess I just don't see how punishing the institution has any affect on the perpetrators that are no longer AT said institution...

Exactly!! This was a criminal matter and it was/is being handled by the legal system which is exactly where it should be handled.

When the Bush family did what they did at USC, it was the NCAA that handled and not the LAPD because it was an NCAA issue.

The only thing that the NCAA accomplished at PSU was the punishing of innocent people!!

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just give you one.

19.01.2 Exemplary Conduct.
Individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, and they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen.

Well if that's the case then OSU should've also been thrown out by your standards.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that with every punishment the NCAA hands out when the person is gone? Bush is a prime example of this.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that with every punishment the NCAA hands out when the person is gone? Bush is a prime example of this.

Just because it's the norm doesn't make it right...

and frankly, I think USC shouldn't have been punished so long as they cut ties with the AD/Head Coach at the time of the sanctions...

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and frankly, I think USC shouldn't have been punished so long as they cut ties with the AD/Head Coach at the time of the sanctions...

That's just it, Carroll bailed to the NFL cause he knew sanctions were coming.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but they should have bulldozed the shit hole, not sanctioned it. If ANYTHING is "lack of institutional control" is ass fucking kids. Sandusky should be shot, Paterno should be dug up and shot, and the place should be shut down and bulldozed.

And anybody walking around with a Penn State hat after that debacle needs the shit kicked out of them.

No ifs, ands, or buttsex.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not aware of any previous violations that compare to the PSU issue. Trying to connect dots between PSU and any other school violation is a waste of time.

Let it go. PSU has paid the price. It's time to move on. Not forget. Learn...and move on.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but they should have bulldozed the shit hole, not sanctioned it. If ANYTHING is "lack of institutional control" is ass fucking kids. Sandusky should be shot, Paterno should be dug up and shot, and the place should be shut down and bulldozed.

And anybody walking around with a Penn State hat after that debacle needs the shit kicked out of them.

jammamy. :clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least the Bush incident was under NCAA jurisdiction, the PSU incident was not!!

If a player or coach commits a crime, the NCAA doesn't step in. They allow the legal system and the school to take care of the punishment.

What happened at PSU was a criminal matter. Those involved have been punished by the school (fired) and are either in prison or awaiting trial. There was no reason for the NCAA to involve themselves!!

I do agree with you on one point, however. Since the NCAA insisted on involving themselves in this, they should have removed PSU from the NCAA altogether. By punishing the way that they did, they basically put child molestation in the same category as a kid taking money from an agent!!

I said when all of this first happened that the NCAA had no business being involved because it wasn't their jurisdiction and they would only screw it up!!

They continue to prove me right!!

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because clearly it's the buildings that were causing the molestation of children and they must be destroyed!

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I live near PSU, walk around with a PSU hat and would love to see you try and kick the shit outta me.

:laugh3:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the victims are finally receiving settlements with their lawsuits.

I'm glad Sandusky is in jail.

I'm glad the courts system is lining up Curley and Schultz for their involvement in hiding information from everyone. If convicted, they will have much to pay as well.

And finally, I'm glad the NCAA is returning scholarships. Those who haven't suffered enough.....will soon. Those who had nothing to do with this can get on with their lives.

The finger pointing must stop. It's time to get back to football.

:agree: In addition; this should have not been an NCAA issue....IT'S A CRIMINAL ISSUE to be dealt with by the courts. These Horrific crimes were perpetrated by someone who WAS NOT an employee of Penn State. Sandusky was RETIRED and had status with the University because he WAS RETIRED. IF one considers that being associated with the university, that's fine; however, how is it the football program has to take the hit? Curley and Schultz were not in charge of football, they were in charge of all athletic programs. Those two are going to jail and they know it and will soon be attempting to cut a deal. Also the Peterno family is not yet finished. As a matter of fact, they are just getting warmed up. They will be suing and winning a big judgment against Penn State and the NCAA for throwing Joe under the bus as he had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any of this. The people who live in that area are really pissed off at the University for allowing the NCAA to do what they did to Joe; a person who did nothing but good for so many and for so many years.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

word, brotha
lollerskates.gif

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: In addition; this should have not been an NCAA issue....IT'S A CRIMINAL ISSUE to be dealt with by the courts. These Horrific crimes were perpetrated by someone who WAS NOT an employee of Penn State. Sandusky was RETIRED and had status with the University because he WAS RETIRED. IF one considers that being associated with the university, that's fine; however, how is it the football program has to take the hit? Curley and Schultz were not in charge of football, they were in charge of all athletic programs. Those two are going to jail and they know it and will soon be attempting to cut a deal. Also the Peterno family is not yet finished. As a matter of fact, they are just getting warmed up. They will be suing and winning a big judgment against Penn State and the NCAA for throwing Joe under the bus as he had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any of this. The people who live in that area are really pissed off at the University for allowing the NCAA to do what they did to Joe; a person who did nothing but good for so many and for so many years.

:10::suds::clap:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured this thread would be a shitstorm

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just it, Carroll bailed to the NFL cause he knew sanctions were coming.
I disagree. That method basically gives any institution a green light to cheat all they want and just get rid of whoever cheated and nothing happens. Ohio State can buy top players but have an assistant do it and deliver the money. When they get caught, well it was just that one guy and he is gone and the players are in the NFL. So no punishment to tOSU. The university agreed to the rules when they joined the NCAA. The leaders of universities run the NCAA. If you can punish just because a coach is gone, then how should a team that cheated or broke the rules be punished? And yes PSU did break a NCAA rule and they should be punished for doing that.