• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA reducing sanctions against PSU

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he was still given access to the locker room and football facilities. To ignore the magnitude of the entire situation is to ignore common sense.

Regardless of all of that (I have no bone to pick with PSU), the simple unprecedented act of forgiveness for what the public will see as the most heinous of crimes related to a college sports team in history is going to cause a bit of a stir.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the actual merit of the sanctions, this is going to be a PR nightmare for an already laughed at NCAA. They are reducing the punishment because their monitor says they are acting exemplary in their response. Did the USC monitor say the same thing? Did they even have a monitor? Will Miami? Is there any precedence for this? These are questions that will be asked. It will look like the NCAA buckled for one of their big time pillar schools that had the (apparently completely wrong) image of doing things right.

You can absolutely debate whether the punishment was fair or not but once it was delivered it was delivered. Going back opens Pandora's box, IMO.

There was no precedence in the punishment followed or set that they gave USC why would they start to care about precence now?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he was still given access to the locker room and football facilities. To ignore the magnitude of the entire situation is to ignore common sense.

Regardless of all of that (I have no bone to pick with PSU), the simple unprecedented act of forgiveness for what the public will see as the most heinous of crimes related to a college sports team in history is going to cause a bit of a stir.

The sanctions were way to heavy and the NCAA overstepped its own boundaries. They aren't in business to oversee criminal activity, they are in business to oversee infractions. The people that were involved are either in jail, dead, or awaiting trial, as it should be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still people at that school who knew damn well what was going on. I wonder how much money it cost PSU to get these sanctions reversed? Or maybe they let some NCAA pervs visit campus and diddle some kids in the showers as payment. Whatever it takes to get football back out there.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're acting as if he was being investigated or close to being charged while having access to the facilities.

There's no "forgiveness" going on here. The NCAA isn't saying "nothing happened". They just came to their senses and realized the penalty didn't fit NCAA rule standards.

PSU was givin' no chance to appeal, while USC was able to for 2yrs all the while stockpiling recruits cause they knew some punishment was going to eventually be handed sown.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second worse decision having to do with this case. The first was when those in power at PSU chose football and reputation over children.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second worse decision having to do with this case. The first was when those in power at PSU chose football and reputation over children.

And those who did this are either in jail or about to stand trial.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still people at that school who knew damn well what was going on. I wonder how much money it cost PSU to get these sanctions reversed? Or maybe they let some NCAA pervs visit campus and diddle some kids in the showers as payment. Whatever it takes to get football back out there.
You being a Big 10 fan should be happy about this. The conference is in the shitter right now and it getting better in the long run....... is a huge +

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You being a Big 10 fan should be happy about this. The conference is in the shitter right now and it getting better in the long run....... is a huge +

They are worried.....if Bill O'Brien can recruit a top 15 class under penalty, imagine what he can do with all the scholarships.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sanctions were not ridiculous. They harbored and enabled a child molester. If they were not a huge corporation then those people would be in prison.

The program didn't "harbor" him, The President, AD and Joe did, all of them are gone, I have kids and yes its a very fucked up story, but NCAA went way out of bounds on a criminal case and these kids that stayed and the new kids that came in do not deserve to be punished for something they never knew anything about...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those who did this are either in jail or about to stand trial.
So and Reggie Bush violated the rules was gone yet USC got hit. So that argument is invalid.

What USC and Miami did was against the rules regarding football and the NCAA

Exactly this was a criminal case because it was criminal in nature. And Sandusky's last year of employment was the 1999 season.

Also I see other saying this was not an NCAA issue, they should read the rules that were violated. When he was employed really does not matter.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So and Reggie Bush violated the rules was gone yet USC got hit. So that argument is invalid.

Also I see other saying this was not an NCAA issue, they should read the rules that were violated. When he was employed really does not matter.

The USC thing and the PSU stuff are two entirely different things but keep digging if u must.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What USC and Miami did was against the rules regarding football and the NCAA

The USC thing and the PSU stuff are two entirely different things but keep digging if u must.
No digging, the NCAA rules were violated by both teams, and both teams got hit. There is no digging needed.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No digging, the NCAA rules were violated by both teams, and both teams got hit. There is no digging needed.

The NCAA didn't even follow their own bylaws when handing down the sanctions. The NCAA had no business being involved in this case.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya but I don't care. If molesting kids isn't where the line is draw, I don't know what is. I was all for PSU being kicked out of the Big Ten. Kids who stayed, new kids who went there, fuck 'em. Dumb kids with dumb parents. Coulda gone anywhere else but they got talked into sticking around the home full of stench from a child molester just so PSU didn't suffer on the football field. That's some serious brainwashing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA didn't even follow their own bylaws when handing down the sanctions. The NCAA had no business being involved in this case.

What exactly do the by laws say about a HC and his bff fucking children in the showers?

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but I don't care. If molesting kids isn't where the line is draw, I don't know what is. I was all for PSU being kicked out of the Big Ten. Kids who stayed, new kids who went there, fuck 'em. Dumb kids with dumb parents. Coulda gone anywhere else but they got talked into sticking around the home full of stench from a child molester just so PSU didn't suffer on the football field. That's some serious brainwashing.

Holy shit are stupid.:laugh3:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the NCAA ruling? Did you see what rules were violated? I am guess you did not read the actual rules that were violated. Check it out sometime.