• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA reducing sanctions against PSU

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the name of the former PSU player but I heard an interview that he gave on espn and said he was on the team at the time Sandusky was found in the showers with that boy and he said even then if a player got a ticket in town he knew about it ( was called by the local police) before the player made it back to his dorm. So it's hard to believe Joe Pa when he claimed he knew nothing of previous accusations about his defensive coordinator . The cops call him about a players speeding ticket but not a peep that his top assistant might be messing around with young boys? Come on now.

No one is saying he didn't know about the previous allegations. Of course he knew, there was an investigation. However, the investigation was dropped by the D.A. due to lack of evidence (according to the D.A.)!! The investigation is why JoePa told Sandusky that he would never be the head coach at PSU and essentially forced Sandusky to retire.

After Sandusky retired, he was given emeritus status and the freedom to go wherever he wanted on campus by the Board of Trustees. JoePa tried to get rid of the guy, but the BOT let him right back in.

In the 2002 incident, JoePa reported it as he was required to do by law and to exactly who he was supposed to report it to by law. Those that he reported it to are the ones who didn't do their jobs and report it to the police. Since they didn't, there was nothing for the police to report to JoePa!!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying he didn't know about the previous allegations. Of course he knew, there was an investigation. However, the investigation was dropped by the D.A. due to lack of evidence (according to the D.A.)!! The investigation is why JoePa told Sandusky that he would never be the head coach at PSU and essentially forced Sandusky to retire.

After Sandusky retired, he was given emeritus status and the freedom to go wherever he wanted on campus by the Board of Trustees. JoePa tried to get rid of the guy, but the BOT let him right back in.

In the 2002 incident, JoePa reported it as he was required to do by law and to exactly who he was supposed to report it to by law. Those that he reported it to are the ones who didn't do their jobs and report it to the police. Since they didn't, there was nothing for the police to report to JoePa!!

Best post by a non-PSUer that I've ever seen on this message board. You get it..

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you are an awful human being because you aren't out in the streets every night preventing all the crime in your neighborhood.

Are you required to do it? No.
But are you not doing everything you could have if you don't? Yes.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the NCAA is reducing the sanctions!! The NCAA had no business being involved because it's not their jurisdiction!!

While the sanctions the NCAA put on USC were over the top and didn't fit the crime, they were at least within the NCAA's jurisdiction.

I don't know all the details with penn st.. but I thought it was proven that paterno knew about what was happening and either covered it up or just didn't report it. something flashed across espn basically saying satisfied with schools progress...so im sure its in somewhere of the 162 posts before mine....but why not address that with other schools as well...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess kids being abused isn't ridiculous but the sanctions where...what a joke :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess kids being abused isn't ridiculous but the sanctions where...what a joke :L

When the NCAA is letting Sandusky out of jail I will agree with you.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So lets say you work for this business. You come across, oh lets say knowledge that one of your co workers had allegedly raped someone. You tell your boss that your co worker is alleged of this. He does nothing.

So you justify just sitting on that information of the alleged crime and don't report it to the police yourself?

And why is telling the boss the end game of this story? Why not report the alleged crime to the authorities in the first place?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets say you work for this business. You come across, oh lets say knowledge that one of your co workers had allegedly raped someone. You tell your boss that your co worker is alleged of this. He does nothing.

So you justify just sitting on that information of the alleged crime and don't report it to the police yourself?

And why is telling the boss the end game of this story? Why not report the alleged crime to the authorities in the first place?

Its simple Joe Pa was to old 2 remember anything lets be honest do you think he even remembered his players names I bet he didnt no half his teams first name, dude was old and probably forgot about the whole incident.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Joe PA of kept his job if he did go to the police. I mean the AD obviously didnt take action imo Joe Pa would of been a hero not only to Penn State but too the rest of the world. He has gotta take action if a week passed and the AD didnt say anything he needed to go to the police period.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sandusky had been retired for 3 years when the 2002 incident was reported to him. McQueary should have gone straight to the police instead of coach. Obviously he didnt do that so Joe did even though Joe saw nothing.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break!! JoPa had plenty enough power in that institution to have Sandusky removed................PERIOD! He chose not to do so, simply because Sandusky was his friend. Now, go back and bury your head in the sand.

Jonvi is correct; you are a troll. Easy to run you mouth about something you know nothing about. I suspect you have never been accused of having any class.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU should have been given the death penalty.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I have been saying. Joe did follow the law and did the bare minimum according to the law, but is that really all he should have done? I say no, not as a human and certainly not as JoePa the moral compass and the guy who has been billed by PSU for so long as the guy who always does it right.
As far as the penalties, PSU should have never got these they should have been removed from the NCAA.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my problem with the whole situation is they're punishing people who had nothing to do with the atrocities committed...

Everyone who was in a leadership role when this happened has been fired, prosecuted, or both...

I.E. Student athletes and the student body, not to mention the other sports programs that rely on football for funding...

However they couldn't punish those involved since they were no longer at the school. Sanctions were needed and unfortunately the wrong people got punished.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line, This is a serial sexual predator that was allowed to run rampant on campus.

He had a foundation for kids and he used the Penn State Football Program as a tool to commit his heinous acts. And as a direct result, kids lives were ruined.

I am sensitive to the PSU alumni, fans, current staff, and players. But this was hidden to protect the football program.

The hiding of these crimes had everything to do with protecting the image of Penn State football above the protection of children.

I don't care if no laws were broken by Joe Pa. I don't care if the NCAA doesn't have anything written in their law books and it isn't in their jurisdiction.

Lets step outside the box and take this for what it was. A sanction levied against Penn State that had ties to hiding the most outrageous and disgusting crime in the sports history.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you not understand the difference between someone who witnessed a crime and someone who is reporting 3rd hand?

McQueary reported what he saw to JoePa. According to both Pennsylvania state law and PSU policy, JoePa was required to report it to his superiors, which he did. His superiors were required by law to take action.

Once he reported it to his superiors. JoePa was out of the loop because he didn't actually see anything. The only way that anyone would have had any more contact with JoePa re: is if they needed more clarification on what he was told. Even if JoePa asked, his superiors and/or the investigators could not give him any information, it would have been illegal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know all the details with penn st.. but I thought it was proven that paterno knew about what was happening and either covered it up or just didn't report it. something flashed across espn basically saying satisfied with schools progress...so im sure its in somewhere of the 162 posts before mine....but why not address that with other schools as well...

JoePa did report it. He reported it to exactly who he was supposed to report it to. It was those that he reported it to that covered it up.

As for the other schools......it's the NCAA!! Who the hell knows why they do what they do anymore?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line, This is a serial sexual predator that was allowed to run rampant on campus.

He had a foundation for kids and he used the Penn State Football Program as a tool to commit his heinous acts. And as a direct result, kids lives were ruined.

I am sensitive to the PSU alumni, fans, current staff, and players. But this was hidden to protect the football program.

The hiding of these crimes had everything to do with protecting the image of Penn State football above the protection of children.

I don't care if no laws were broken by Joe Pa. I don't care if the NCAA doesn't have anything written in their law books and it isn't in their jurisdiction.

Lets step outside the box and take this for what it was. A sanction levied against Penn State that had ties to hiding the most outrageous and disgusting crime in the sports history.

We have laws for a reason and we have jursidictions for a reason. Imagine if our legal system was allowed to do things the way the NCAA does them and just make stuff up as they go along.

This is what you invite when you say you don't care if no laws were broken by an individual and you don't care if a governing body steps outside of it's jurisdiction.