• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA reducing sanctions against PSU

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem I have with Joe's involvement. He should have asked. If they told them they do no know, he should have made an effort to find out. Could Sandusky have denied if asked, sure but since he was not asked we will never know. You cant blame someone for trying and failing but you can blame them for not trying at all.

Again, we don't know that he didn't ask. You are assuming that he didn't ask. The only person who knew the child's identity was Sandusky.

You keep saying that JoePa never asked. How do you know? We do know that at some point the issue was addressed with Sandusky because he was banned from bringing kids on to campus. So again, how do you know that no one asked about the kid?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Where's your proof of that? I can show you many things that happened over the last several years at PSU that went directly against JoePa's wishes and would indicate that he didn't have anywhere near the power that he had in his younger days!!

And btw, "everyone knows he had that kind of power" isn't proof!!

Now feel free pick up your torch and pitchfork along with the rest of the mob that hasn't bothered to educate themselves on this.

head-in-sand.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To deny that Paterno knew about Sandusky is just blind idol-worship. He knew, and he could have done more. He even said as much, himself.

It has been written many times that you are a troll. I can now confirm it for myself.

To accuse someone of something that you were not there to substantiate is shallow.

Everyone who worked with the Penn State football program wish they had done more.

So, let me get this right. To express an opinion on a thread is the actions of a troll? I guess there are lots of trolls on here, then.

Let's get em all up here.....

You were the one who used the term blind idol worship.

Then you say "He knew, he could have done more. Even said so himself."

You know he said it in hind sight, yet you still call others idol worshippers because of what he said in retrospect.

You're either a troll or you don't have a grip on your own writings.

So knowing so many others have said you're a troll....I now believe it too.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. no no no... That is the problem you should have with Curley and Schultz's involvement. THAT WAS THEIR JOB.

You are right it was their "job", but I never said it was Joe's job. However it was Joe's moral responsibility.

Again, we don't know that he didn't ask. You are assuming that he didn't ask. The only person who knew the child's identity was Sandusky.

You keep saying that JoePa never asked. How do you know? We do know that at some point the issue was addressed with Sandusky because he was banned from bringing kids on to campus. So again, how do you know that no one asked about the kid?

If he was asked that would have come out by now. It would not have taken years and the court case to find the identity of this child. If they were able to find the child that many years later just imagine how easy it would have been if they tried right away. Yes all the rest are to blame and they are most like criminally liable but Joe could have done more. If those in charge would not try Joe could have went through other means and tried. We both know that Joe did have some power there and could have done some asking and found out without compromising any investigation.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get em all up here.....

You were the one who used the term blind idol worship.

Then you say "He knew, he could have done more. Even said so himself."

You know he said it in hind sight, yet you still call others idol worshippers because of what he said in retrospect.

You're either a troll or you don't have a grip on your own writings.

So knowing so many others have said you're a troll....I now believe it too.

troll_facebmpDAWGS.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right it was their "job", but I never said it was Joe's job. However it was Joe's moral responsibility.

If he was asked that would have come out by now. It would not have taken years and the court case to find the identity of this child. If they were able to find the child that many years later just imagine how easy it would have been if they tried right away. Yes all the rest are to blame and they are most like criminally liable but Joe could have done more. If those in charge would not try Joe could have went through other means and tried. We both know that Joe did have some power there and could have done some asking and found out without compromising any investigation.

Really ellupo.....You don't believe that all the publicity had anything to do with all these victims coming forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. no no no... That is the problem you should have with Curley and Schultz's involvement. THAT WAS THEIR JOB.

Additionally, if JoePa did ask and the response was anything other than "it's being taken care of", that would be illegal. Once JoePa reported it to his superiors, he was effectively "out of the loop". The only way that he would have legally been allowed any further involvement would have been if his superiors or investigators had any questions about what McQueary told him.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ellupo.....You don't believe that all the publicity had anything to do with all these victims coming forward.
I believe they knew right away when it happened and if there was any kind of search a couple days later looking for who was with JS at PSU just day before it would have been easy to find out.
They didn't try. Joe knew too many people to say he had no ability to try.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTN just reported that further reduction of sanctions could possibly occur in the future.

My guess for further penalty reduction would be eliminating the fourth year of the Bowl ban.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo anyways.... This reduction in reductions is very good. Other things that I've read today suggest that PSU could be looking at being post season eligible in 2014. Maybe now we can keep O'Brien and Hack for 3 more years. Could be something special with this team by then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How would it have come out by now? Joe is dead. Sandusky denies anything happened and Curley, Schultz and Spanier have been hiding behind the fact that everyone has been attacking JoePa!!

The only way that we will ever know whether or not JoePa asked is if one of those indivisuals decides to come clean and tell the truth about the entire situation. They are all in CYA mode right now.

If you think that there was anything that JoePa could legally have been told, then you don't know how these kinds of cases work.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would it have come out by now? Joe is dead. Sandusky denies anything happened and Curley, Schultz and Spanier have been hiding behind the fact that everyone has been attacking JoePa!!

The only way that we will ever know whether or not JoePa asked is if one of those indivisuals decides to come clean and tell the truth about the entire situation. They are all in CYA mode right now.

If you think that there was anything that JoePa could legally have been told, then you don't know how these kinds of cases work.

I believe if they tried to find that kid they would have used that as a defense by now.

Since these guys were doing all kinds of illegal things, would they really say wait telling Joe what is going on is illegal we better not do that. Do you really believe they would use the "against the law" excuse to not tell Joe if he asked?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what an intelligent response!! I guess you couldn't find anything to back up your claims.

Nothing will satisfy you, unless there is proof that JoPa molested the kids, also. JoPa did nothing wrong, legally, but as has been stated, over and over again, he even said that he should have done more. If your brother's wife's second cousin molested your son's friend in your house, what would you do after you reported it to the police? Forget about it, and not worry about it anymore? Or do you follow up for more info about what happened in YOUR house? Or does it depend on how valuable your brother's wife's second cousin was to you?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if they tried to find that kid they would have used that as a defense by now.

Since these guys were doing all kinds of illegal things, would they really say wait telling Joe what is going on is illegal we better not do that. Do you really believe they would use the "against the law" excuse to not tell Joe if he asked?

Yes, I think that they would do exactly that and here is why:

Think about what JoePa's reputation was at the time. JoePa was known as the one person in all of college football that we all knew would always do the right thing!! Part of the reason that there is so much backlash directed at him is because many believed that and were outraged when it was perceived that he didn't do the right thing when it was most important.

In other words, JoePa would have insisted that the incident be reported to the proper authorities. He would have insisted that Curley, Spanier and Schultz do the right thing and if they didn't he'd report that.

So, since this was the perception of JoePa at that time, it makes sense that if they were trying to cover it up, JoePa would be the last person that they would want to know that they were covering it up. If you're trying to cover something up, you don't tell someone who isn't likely to play along.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it was those at PSU that gave the report to the NCAA stating it as fact, how is the NCAA liable at all? I can see how they would want to sue PSU but the NCAA did not pay for the report nor validate it as fact.
The report was not handed to the NCAA. The report was for PSU use only to find out what went wrong and how to correct it.. The NCAA acted on the report. They damn sure did validate it as fact, hence the sanctions.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think that they would do exactly that and here is why:

Think about what JoePa's reputation was at the time. JoePa was known as the one person in all of college football that we all knew would always do the right thing!! Part of the reason that there is so much backlash directed at him is because many believed that and were outraged when it was perceived that he didn't do the right thing when it was most important.

In other words, JoePa would have insisted that the incident be reported to the proper authorities. He would have insisted that Curley, Spanier and Schultz do the right thing and if they didn't he'd report that.

So, since this was the perception of JoePa at that time, it makes sense that if they were trying to cover it up, JoePa would be the last person that they would want to know that they were covering it up. If you're trying to cover something up, you don't tell someone who isn't likely to play along.

So you think either Joe did not ask or he asked and was lied to about this. I personally think he did not ask and neither did anyone else.

The report was not handed to the NCAA. The report was for PSU use only to find out what went wrong and how to correct it.. The NCAA acted on the report. They damn sure did validate it as fact, hence the sanctions.
You are wrong, go do some reading.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will satisfy you, unless there is proof that JoPa molested the kids, also. JoPa did nothing wrong, legally, but as has been stated, over and over again, he even said that he should have done more. If your brother's wife's second cousin molested your son's friend in your house, what would you do after you reported it to the police? Forget about it, and not worry about it anymore? Or do you follow up for more info about what happened in YOUR house? Or does it depend on how valuable your brother's wife's second cousin was to you?

That's not what he said.

Also, if the scenario that you describe happened, I would have been the eyewitness and therefore would have been "in the loop" so to speak. JoePa reported what a witness reported to him. Once he took it to those that he was required to report it to, he was out of the loop and it would have been illegal for anyone else to give him any info. other than, it's being investigated.

I understand the outrage, I worked with abuse victims for over 10 years. It sucks, but there was legally nothing more that JoePa could have done and no more information on the case that could have been given to him. It's how these kinds of cases work.

I know JoePa was the "face" of PSU and that is who we want to direct the outrage at, but it's misdirected. The outrage should be directed at Sandusky for committing the crimes, Spanier, Curley and Schultz for covering it up and McQueary for not putting a stop to it and smashing Sandusky's head into the shower floor!!