• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Rose & Rondo are only better than him based on popularity. If you actually watch them play he is better PG than Rondo, Rose, Conley, & Kyrie no doubt

the guy didnt even start his first 5 years in the league. Kyrie Irving is 22 years old and has more starts and is a more accomplished player.

I think you guys are nuts- but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you concerning team needs.

Yep.

Rondo is the perfect pg for your Mavs.

They don't need a scorer.

They have plenty of that with Monta, Dirk and Parsons.

They need a floor general and he gives them that in spades.

Reactions: GNG

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is a better pg.

But, he isn't a better player.

We can agree that Kyrie is basically a undersized shooting guard with magnificent handles.

Kyrie is what the current PG position is in the league....RW is the same, Rose, Lillard,

the only guys that are real PGs in the league are pretty much CP3, Rondo- and i guess you have to put MCW there but thats only because he is a horrible shooter.

I looked at ESPN the other day and they didnt even list Dragic as a point guard.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, off topic....

Isn't funny how a deal, or lack of one, can look so different after a year or two of perspective?

The Lakers dodged a bullet with Howard.

Don't get me wrong.....

They should have at least gotten a pick for him.

But, they have to be thanking every deity known to man that they don't have that guy destroying their cap for the next 4 Seasons.

He has already missed half the damn Season and this could be a problem for who knows how long.

Yep. As bad as the Lakers are now, they are potentially closer to being back in contention than they would be if he has stayed. At least with him gone, there will be current and future cap space to go after top FA's plus a couple of top 5 draft picks.

I agree, they should have tried to get something for him, but better that he walked away for nothing than to have him killing cap space.

I think a few of Lakers fans could say "I told you so" to a few folks around here as well. But we are far too classy a fanbase to ever do that. :whistle:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy didnt even start his first 5 years in the league. Kyrie Irving is 22 years old and has more starts and is a more accomplished player.

Ummm, there really was a legit reason for that.

* See Steve Nash

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is what the current PG position is in the league....RW is the same, Rose, Lillard,

the only guys that are real PGs in the league are pretty much CP3, Rondo- and i guess you have to put MCW there but thats only because he is a horrible shooter.

I looked at ESPN the other day and they didnt even list Dragic as a point guard.

Don't forget Wall.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie is not a point guard. It isn't rocket science.

Same goes for Rose and Westbrook

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he has been stuck playing more shooting guard this year with the Suns having 3 PG's. This has been mentioned at least 3 times in this thread. How have you missed that? :L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. As bad as the Lakers are now, they are potentially closer to being back in contention than they would be if he has stayed. At least with him gone, there will be current and future cap space to go after top FA's plus a couple of top 5 draft picks.

I agree, they should have tried to get something for him, but better that he walked away for nothing than to have him killing cap space.

I think a few of Lakers fans could say "I told you so" to a few folks around here as well. But we are far too classy a fanbase to ever do that. :whistle:

:laugh3:

You are correct.

The Lakers cap space would be screwed.

At least Kobe is off the books in another year.

Even in a suit and tie, he puts more asses in the seats than Dwight would have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Wizards cant guard the Cavs.....the series would be a massacre. This is where Love is such a weapon even if he is not putting up numbers.....you think Gortat or Nene like to play on the perimeter?

the lane is wide open for LBJ and Kyrie to do whatever they want. No one on this team can even come close to slowing LeBron down.

at least Miami has Deng who even though ehs lost a step can still play at least respectable D, and Chicago and Butler and Atlanta has Sefolosha who is a decent defensive player....

the Wiz have no one that LeBron has to even respect at all....and with Love the Cavs have the heart of the Wizards defense ripped out and sitting on the perimeter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has been stuck playing more shooting guard this year with the Suns having 3 PG's. This has been mentioned at least 3 times in this thread. How have you missed that? :L

i didnt miss that - its been in every article there is.....that doesnt change the fact thats what they have listed him as....i didnt say it was right

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have no problem giving Draymond 15 million. He is 24 years old and just entering his prime and has probably not even topped out as a player and hes still be young by the time a 5 year contract was up. A guy that can guard opposing small forwards amazingly and plays solid offense? thats about as rare as it gets....

on the other hand- offensive point guards are probably the easiest things to find in the league

Yeah, I like Green too.

There are quite a few talented guards.

Dragic being one of them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs looked rested and super focused tonight. They went into the Wizards home court and just absolutely ripped their heart out from the first whistle to the last.

Nice statement win coming out of the break. This game was over early...the Cavs played 12 guys tonight-

and more importantly Lebron only played 25 minutes and Kyrie only 31.

thats how you start off the 2nd half of the season. Destroying a supposed rival on their home court and having your studs watch from the bench in the 4th quarter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt miss that - its been in every article there is.....that doesnt change the fact thats what they have listed him as....i didnt say it was right

You were trying to use it to back up your point about him not being a top 10 pg. You are fooling exactly no one with that weak attempt.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs looked rested and super focused tonight. They went into the Wizards home court and just absolutely ripped their heart out from the first whistle to the last.

Nice statement win coming out of the break. This game was over early...the Cavs played 12 guys tonight-

and more importantly Lebron only played 25 minutes and Kyrie only 31.

thats how you start off the 2nd half of the season. Destroying a supposed rival on their home court and having your studs watch from the bench in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, they looked good.

Nene and Wall won't be enough to get passed the Cavs.

Love had 8 & 6 in 30 mins.

Yeah....really puts into perspective how good everyone else is on that roster when a player of Love's stature becomes superfluous.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they looked good.

Nene and Wall won't be enough to get passed the Cavs.

Love had 8 & 6 in 30 mins.

Yeah....really puts into perspective how good everyone else is on that roster when a player of Love's stature becomes superfluous.

Love was a decoy tonight on offense. If they are gonna play Gortat and Nene together- the Cavs are going to burn them- on defense the Cavs can handle those two- and on offense the Wizards cant handle Mozgov and Love. With Love pulling one of them out of the paint-Kyrie and LeBron can do work in the middle.

The Wiz really dont have anyone that is decent to throw at LeBron- and really dont have anyone that is a good matchup vs. Love either.

I hope the Wiz win their first round series and the Cavs get them second round. I wouldnt expect it tobe close. In fact- IF, and its a big IF obviously now with Bosh and just Wade in general- but I would pick Miami to win i think....the Wiz do have nice depth though- and in a 7 game series against the Heat whos depth is poor it might show....but if push came to shoveI think id have to pick the Heat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen there has not been a definite determination on what Bosh's status is.

Does anyone know if there has been a credible diagnosis and outlook?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards are going to finish 6th

yah i guess i didnt realize how bad they have been playing lately. In the recap it said the Wiz are 10-17 against teams above.500 and are 14-16 over their last 30....

this is why I thought it was ridiculous when people like DJ were panicking about the Cavs and saying the Wizards were better. its a long a season and the cream rises to the top.