• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless this situation ends Bosh career which it doesn't seem like it will, Bosh missing the rest of the season shouldn't impact/change Dragic's mind.

Dragic had a 22-30 team on his preferred destination. He had no plan to make a deep run this year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Dragic is worth 20 million a year- which is basically more than a quarter of your cap space
in his age, 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33 seasons?

a guy who has is arguably not even top 10 at his position? who has not ever had a significant momemnt in his career?

I think he is a very good player as i have said on numerous occasions

but a max contract for this guy who is going to be 30 during next season? I mean, cmon now

i guss to each their own

First of all, he's not arguably not even in the top 10 at his position, he's solidly in the top 10 at his position.

Also, max players are defined as much by team need as who they are and what they do. Kevin Love wouldn't be worth a max to Miami like he is the Cavs because Miami has Bosh to play PF. Dragic wouldn't be worth a max to the Cavs because they have Kyrie, but he's worth it to the Heat because they had Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers and Napier.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, he's not arguably not even in the top 10 at his position, he's solidly in the top 10 at his position.

Also, max players are defined as much by team need as who they are and what they do. Kevin Love wouldn't be worth a max to Miami like he is the Cavs because Miami has Bosh to play PF. Dragic wouldn't be worth a max to the Cavs because they have Kyrie, but he's worth it to the Heat because they had Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers and Napier.

1. RW
2. Parker
3. Curry
4. CP
5. Wall
6. Kyrie
7. Lillard
8. Conley
9. Rose
10. Lowry
11. Bledsoe
12. Teague
13. Rondo

can you tell me that Dragic is DEFINITELY better than any of those guys? you could make the argument....but could you tell me forsure that its INARGUABLE that Dragic DEFINITELY is better than 4 of those guys and belongs in the top 10 no debate?

I surely could not.

Can you tell me that DRAGIC DEFINITELY belongs over 4 guys on that list???

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can easily make a case for Dragic AT THIS MOMENT (based on his previous 2 years when they actually played him at his natural position) over 4 or 5 of those guys

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said similar when Russ said the two 1st rounders were too much.

Mozgov isn't worth one first rounder, let alone 2 for most Teams.

But, he is for the Cavs.

Ditto for Dragic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can easily make a case for Dragic AT THIS MOMENT (based on his previous 2 years when they actually played him at his natural position) over 4 or 5 of those guys

sure- i can definitely understand that- but Trojan said "he's solidly in the top 10 at his position"

I think you can make an argument...heck- if you were particularly homerific you could even make an argument, albeit a poor one, that he could be #6.....

but to say he is DEFINITELY in the top 10?

i couldnt make that argument say he is definitely better than 4 of those guys....hence-its arguable he is not top 10 at his position....

dont get me worng- I even said- POINT GUARD IS STACKED.....its never been deeper in the history of the league...

but its just hard for me to see a guy that will be 29 in a few months who has never really accomplished anything in his career and has only been a starter for 3 years- getting a 5 year 100 million dollar deal

please...i a emphasize- its not because i dont think Dragic is good... I love his game...I think he is very good.....

that contract - even if the cap goes up from its current 63 million to say 85 million...tahts almost a quarter of your cap....i just dont see giving Dragic that kind of scratch

just my opinion....Pat Riley of course isa million times smarter than i am....but geez man....giving him that money when he will be past his best days after the first couple seasons?.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put it to you like this.....

Team needs are nearly as important as a guys skill set.

Mike Conley is a damn good pg and so is Rondo.

Replace Westbrook or Curry with either of those guys and the Thunder and Warriors are praying for ping-pong balls.

Dragic is clearly a top 10 pg.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said similar when Russ said the two 1st rounders were too much.

Mozgov isn't worth one first rounder, let alone 2 for most Teams.

But, he is for the Cavs.

Ditto for Dragic.

again....big difference between trading 2 picks that are pretty much guaranteed to be inthe 20's- instead of 2 picks with basically no protections...AND Mozgov is signed for next year at a very cheap rate....

but i understand the gist of your argument....i do.....If i felt better about giving Dragic 100 million dollars id be more apt to applaud the move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Replace Westbrook or Curry with either of those guys and the Thunder and Warriors are praying for ping-pong balls.

out of those 13 guys who are the 4 guys he is clearly better than?

1. RW
2. Parker
3. Curry
4. CP
5. Wall
6. Kyrie
7. Lillard
8. Conley
9. Rose
10. Lowry
11. Bledsoe
12. Teague
13. Rondo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. RW
2. Parker
3. Curry
4. CP
5. Wall
6. Kyrie
7. Lillard
8. Conley
9. Rose
10. Lowry
11. Bledsoe
12. Teague
13. Rondo

can you tell me that Dragic is DEFINITELY better than any of those guys? you could make the argument....but could you tell me forsure that its INARGUABLE that Dragic DEFINITELY is better than 4 of those guys and belongs in the top 10 no debate?

I surely could not.

Can you tell me that DRAGIC DEFINITELY belongs over 4 guys on that list???

He's DEFINITELY a better a PG than Rondo, Kyrie, Conley, Teague and Rose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did people really think that the Wizards could beat the Cavs in a series at some point this season? Did that really happen?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again....big difference between trading 2 picks that are pretty much guaranteed to be inthe 20's- instead of 2 picks with basically no protections...AND Mozgov is signed for next year at a very cheap rate....

but i understand the gist of your argument....i do.....If i felt better about giving Dragic 100 million dollars id be more apt to applaud the move.

And I get your point too.

Another example is Draymond Green.

Is he a 13-15 mil a year player?

He is for the Warriors.

Dragic is everything that Miami needs at that position and is a max guy for them.

On the Cavs/Clippers/Blazers/Wiz/Warriors...not so much.

Team needs, my friend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't agree more. Rose & Rondo are only better than him based on popularity. If you actually watch them play he is better PG than Rondo, Rose, Conley, & Kyrie no doubt

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TF12, off topic....

Isn't funny how a deal, or lack of one, can look so different after a year or two of perspective?

The Lakers dodged a bullet with Howard.

Don't get me wrong.....

They should have at least gotten a pick for him.

But, they have to be thanking every deity known to man that they don't have that guy destroying their cap for the next 4 Seasons.

He has already missed half the damn Season and this could be a problem for who knows how long.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As turnup said Kyrie is a better overall player but he's not as good of a PG as Goran. Kyrie is really a shooting guard in a pg body....same goes for Rose.

If I'm looking for an actual point guard they're not that high on my list because they're more worried about scoring their own buckets instead of creating for others

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless this situation ends Bosh career which it doesn't seem like it will, Bosh missing the rest of the season shouldn't impact/change Dragic's mind.

Dragic had a 22-30 team on his preferred destination. He had no plan to make a deep run this year
He likes the Miami lifestyle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I get your point too.

Another example is Draymond Green.

Is he a 13-15 mil a year player?

He is for the Warriors.

Dragic is everything that Miami needs at that position and is a max guy for them.

On the Cavs/Clippers/Blazers/Wiz/Warriors...not so much.

Team needs, my friend.

Id have no problem giving Draymond 15 million. He is 24 years old and just entering his prime and has probably not even topped out as a player and hes still be young by the time a 5 year contract was up. A guy that can guard opposing small forwards amazingly and plays solid offense? thats about as rare as it gets....

on the other hand- offensive point guards are probably the easiest things to find in the league

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you concerning team needs.