• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but same could be true of Bmore/LJ, Buffalo/Allen and what are the odds they even win a title WITH AR in likely the 2-3 seasons he'd still play?

Never mind the whole AD is 26 and AR 37 part of the comparison you seem to ignore.

Forget AD. The point was about fan bases being too attached to young talent.

And yes, the same could be said for those guys. I do think Allen is the 1 of the 3 I would be least likely to deal. I think he is a level above and with a skill set that projects to last (less true for LJ)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about because once he and the rest of the team got acclimated to the offense he was the best QB in entire NFL for the second half of the season per PFF? Better than Allen...should they deal him for AR if they can, too?

That second half of the season with exactly two tough defenses (Ravens and Titans)? Eagles, Jags, Texans, Giants, Jets, and wounded Steelers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no fn way, that is insane talk, completely.

I'm a Bills fan, watch every game. I'm not sure Josh's level of play is sustainable. That could be the pain of the post Kelly years creeping in, but it's all fun and games when you're on a rookie contract. Once Josh gets paid, some of that quality on the roster in other spots goes away.

Bills have never won a Super Bowl. If ARod is available, you have to listen to see what it would take. I wouldn't pursue him (as that going public could destroy a team's confidence and/or divide a locker room), but if they called? I'm not hanging up right away.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Bills fan, watch every game. I'm not sure Josh's level of play is sustainable. That could be the pain of the post Kelly years creeping in, but it's all fun and games when you're on a rookie contract. Once Josh gets paid, some of that quality on the roster in other spots goes away.

Bills have never won a Super Bowl. If ARod is available, you have to listen to see what it would take. I wouldn't pursue him (as that going public could destroy a team's confidence and/or divide a locker room), but if they called? I'm not hanging up right away.
I’m not even answering the phone, that’s nuts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally missing the point, as per usual.

The comparison is with fan bases being attached to young talent, not saying the situation is similar.
Yeah...nice try. You made a foolish comment and we know you cannot own a foolish comment. If AR were 26 (like AD) or even 30, Browns fans would think it's reasonable to see what it would cost to get AR even if it meant parting with Baker.

It's not the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn’t tell what he does.

What I told you is that he has information on these players and that his information hasn’t been wrong yet.

You assumed he is some type of talent scout.
But you told us this - "Nothing earth shattering from this crop, especially because no info to report on Lawrence since he sat out a lot of the pre draft stuff the others did."

which means he has no info to report on Lawrence because he didn't get to see him throw in shorts, no pressure and to receivers covered by air. His info comes from that and not what he did in actual games?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I guess I also believe the surrounding talent in Cleveland is a lot greater than what Rodgers currently has in Green Bay.

Now how much of talent would they lose to pull off a Rodgers deal?

That to me is the real question.l as to whether or not it would be worth exploring.

Because when Baker is getting paid, it will be a lot harder to build a contender around him. In other words, right now might be the best chance you ever get with Baker.
OK, and by the time Baker gets paid Rodgers might be out of football. Suppose they don't win a title with him which is probably more likely than not? The Browns are supposed to give up on another 12 or so years of having a franchise QB because he has to be paid? Like it will be so easy to find another one? Never mind with a defense last year they had a shot to win the SB with Baker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average at the QB position. Last year was arguably Baker's best. 15th in the league in passer rating. 10th in QBR. Tied for 12th in TDs. 30th in completion percentage. 17th in yards/att. Rodgers was 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, and 3rd. Imagine what Rodgers could do with a decent #2 or #3 WR...
and once he learned the offense Baker was the best QB in the league per PFF the second half of the season. I realize they have no agenda and all they do is watch every player on every play.

Rodgers also had a far better #1 than Baker last year once OBJ went down but never mind that I guess. His #2 was not as good as Higgins and his #3 not on the level of Khaderal Hodge?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget AD. The point was about fan bases being too attached to young talent.

And yes, the same could be said for those guys. I do think Allen is the 1 of the 3 I would be least likely to deal. I think he is a level above and with a skill set that projects to last (less true for LJ)
If it was solely about fan bases attached to young talent you should have found a better example than the AD comparison. But that's the one you went with and it was absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That second half of the season with exactly two tough defenses (Ravens and Titans)? Eagles, Jags, Texans, Giants, Jets, and wounded Steelers?
And Baker lit up those 2 rough defenses. 53-80, 677 yards (almost 8.5 yps), 6 TDs and 1 INT. All without his #1 WR

FYI, against the Steelers in the playoffs, Baker was without his #1 WR, RG, lost his RT AND his backup and his LT. Went 21-34 for 3 TDs and 0 INTs. also didn't have his coach/play caller

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one should hang up on any call without listening to the offer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you told us this - "Nothing earth shattering from this crop, especially because no info to report on Lawrence since he sat out a lot of the pre draft stuff the others did."

which means he has no info to report on Lawrence because he didn't get to see him throw in shorts, no pressure and to receivers covered by air. His info comes from that and not what he did in actual games?

Nope. Nothing to do with throwing in shorts.

Again you making assumptions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was solely about fan bases attached to young talent you should have found a better example than the AD comparison. But that's the one you went with and it was absurd.

Show me where I mentioned AD?

I didn’t.

Also, most Laker fans were 100% on board with the AD trade.

They weren’t on board with really prospect trades before they landed LeBron.

THAT is what I am referencing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Nothing to do with throwing in shorts.

Again you making assumptions.
Great...feel free then to explain what you meant when you said no info on TL because he sat out all the predraft stuff the others did. Interesting his data cannot be made by using what they did on the football field in actual games.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I mentioned AD?

I didn’t.

Also, most Laker fans were 100% on board with the AD trade.

They weren’t on board with really prospect trades before they landed LeBron.

THAT is what I am referencing.
Is there a different "proven star" you were referring to in post #3615 when you said the following.....

"But that is exactly what most Laker fans were saying about the prospect of trading Ball, Ingram, etc for a proven star."

Just a coincidence Ball, Ingram, etc. is what LA gave up for AD? I mean, instead of acknowledging how absurd your comment was you fist try to backtrack and say it's only about fan bases not wanting to give up their guys...now you backtrack further and try to deny you were talking about AD?

You are pure comedy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a different "proven star" you were referring to in post #3615 when you said the following.....

"But that is exactly what most Laker fans were saying about the prospect of trading Ball, Ingram, etc for a proven star."

Just a coincidence Ball, Ingram, etc. is what LA gave up for AD? I mean, instead of acknowledging how absurd your comment was you fist try to backtrack and say it's only about fan bases not wanting to give up their guys...now you backtrack further and try to deny you were talking about AD?

You are pure comedy.

Paul George.

There were tons of conversations about Lakers dealing for PG.

And Laker fans didn’t want to give up any of their kids to do it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great...feel free then to explain what you meant when you said no info on TL because he sat out all the predraft stuff the others did. Interesting his data cannot be made by using what they did on the football field in actual games.

Nope. Not going to explain it.

There is a lot that goes on during the pre draft process.

I am not going to tell you what that data is.

Maybe someday when it becomes public I will clue you in.