• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Business will be booming next season as AB said
Is there another Tom Brady out there willing to put his reputation on the line for him? That’s the only reason he got this chance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. Should have been done sunday night

I don't think they could just flat out release him that quickly. There were likely contract considerations (do they still have to pay him? If so, how much), etc. so they had to go through their lawyers on all of that.

Also, they likely looked into the possibility of suspending him to keep him from being able to sign with someone who could use him against them in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they could just flat out release him that quickly. There were likely contract considerations (do they still have to pay him? If so, how much), etc. so they had to go through their lawyers on all of that.

Also, they likely looked into the possibility of suspending him to keep him from being able to sign with someone who could use him against them in the playoffs.

We shall see.

I don’t think this is going to be resolved any time soon.

Eager to hear from Arians and Brady. Even more eager to see that sideline video.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Eager to hear from Arians and Brady. Even more eager to see that sideline video.
Do you think with workers comp laws being what they are they would have released him if they didn’t have ironclad evidence?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....don't think he has the cache Brady has.

1 thing that I am curious about. And this won’t come out anytime soon. Maybe not for years.

Arians didn’t want AB to begin with. Brady made it happen.

Didn’t seem like Arians wanted AB back after the vaccine thing either.

Was that Brady going over Arians’ head?

Quite possibly.

Would also completely explain why Arians might get pissed off quickly at even the slightest perception that AB was being anything less than “a model citizen”.

There are lots of angles to this story.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

I think Brady has already said all that he is likely to say. I'd be surprised if he comments any further on it.

Although, I'd bet that privately, he's not happy with AB. He's the one who vouched for the guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady has already said all that he is likely to say. I'd be surprised if he comments any further on it.

Although, I'd bet that privately, he's not happy with AB. He's the one who vouched for the guy.

Yeah I agree.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another Tom Brady out there willing to put his reputation on the line for him? That’s the only reason he got this chance.

He could've very well have been on another roster before the playoffs start if he wasn't going to have surgery.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could've very well have been on another roster before the playoffs start if he wasn't going to have surgery.
We have no idea if he is really having surgery or not

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thing that I am curious about. And this won’t come out anytime soon. Maybe not for years.

Arians didn’t want AB to begin with. Brady made it happen.

Didn’t seem like Arians wanted AB back after the vaccine thing either.

Was that Brady going over Arians’ head?

Quite possibly.

Would also completely explain why Arians might get pissed off quickly at even the slightest perception that AB was being anything less than “a model citizen”.

There are lots of angles to this story.
There's definitely a lot into it, and you're probably right about Brady's influence.

Early on, Arians was probably the most vocal about the vaccines (I found it ridiculous, but I don't want to muddy up this thread on that topic). AB pulling what he did (even though given where he's at as an athlete, I don't understand why he'd need a vaccine, but I digress on this) with the fake vaccine card, probably ruined any chance of Brady salvaging AB's career in Tampa.