• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love them both, but I'm partial to Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experience), gets pretty jazzy. Jimmy Chamberlain of the Pumpkins for similar reasons in a later era as well.
Yeah he’s excellent as well, while I was reading that the drums from “Fire” kicked into my brain, I always loved the drums from that song especially.

And yeah, Chamberlain is no slouch either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd American man into the quarters at Wimbledon. Came back from 2 sets down

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Fritz won? Nice
Yep I went back to sleep early in the 3rd. Woke up and was surprised the match was still on. Really good showing for the American men at Wimbledon. Tiafoe pushed Alcatraz to the edge and we had 3 make the round of 16

Fritz will be favored to make the semis

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. I haven't heard that last album either, it's a different band there. Not much a fan of the last Collins album either. Invisible Touch had a couple good songs but that's their first album I don't really listen to overall (I also rarely listen to the VERY first one they did in 1969, they hadn't gotten their sound yet). 1970-1983 I pretty much love that entire period with them.

I never minded them changing in a pop direction, good for them. Gets boring when bands just do the same thing for decades.

I have all their CDs pre Invisible Touch other than Duke (had IT on cassette back in the day). I appreciate them, but can't say I listen to them that much (but I have way too many CDs to focus on much lol).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I went back to sleep early in the 3rd. Woke up and was surprised the match was still on. Really good showing for the American men at Wimbledon. Tiafoe pushed Alcatraz to the edge and we had 3 make the round of 16

Fritz will be favored to make the semis
And Navarro should be favored to the finals on the women’s side

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all their CDs pre Invisible Touch other than Duke (had IT on cassette back in the day). I appreciate them, but can't say I listen to them that much (but I have way too many CDs to focus on much lol).
If you have the time, go listen to Duke again. That's my favorite album of theirs as a 3 piece, still proggy but with the pop sensibility starting to emerge. The instrumental suite at the end is among the best stuff they've ever done:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glaring omission of some of my all time favorite bands....Pumpkins, Jane's, Living Colour, King's X, etc. (I don't expect many to know King's X, lol).
Jane's Addiction is one of my favorites too. Once saw a show (I think 1991?) with a lineup of Primus, Pixies, and Jane's Addiction, one of my favorite live shows

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t into the hair metal, closest thing to metal for me was Iron Maiden. Saw them open for someone, can’t even remember who it was because Maiden blew them off the stage. They never should have even came on.
I believe when Van Halen first started they opened for Black Sabbath on a tour and that basically happened every night, they outshone the headliner the whole tour. VH (pre Hagar) is another favorite of mine.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe when Van Halen first started they opened for Black Sabbath on a tour and that basically happened every night, they outshone the headliner the whole tour
I remember when I watched the Lynard Skynard documentary they showed when they opened for the Stones. Jagger would get mad at them when they went out on the tongue of the stage and got people riled up. The Skynard guys said that was their job.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the time, go listen to Duke again. That's my favorite album of theirs as a 3 piece, still proggy but with the pop sensibility starting to emerge. The instrumental suite at the end is among the best stuff they've ever done:

It wasn't a conscious choice to not have Duke, I just buy a lot of my stuff used and hadn't found a good copy yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jane's Addiction is one of my favorites too. Once saw a show (I think 1991?) with a lineup of Primus, Pixies, and Jane's Addiction, one of my favorite live shows

I didn't get to see them early on, but have seen them 3 times since their initial breakup (once with Flea on bass).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite shows was seeing the Flaming Lips on their Clouds tour in a small club. Something about those small club shows. They came on quietly and once they kicked in, all their amps were lit up with Christmas lights. I don't know if I was under the influence of something at the time or not, but that has really been engraved in my memory...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite shows was seeing the Flaming Lips on their Clouds tour in a small club. Something about those small club shows. They came on quietly and once they kicked in, all their amps were lit up with Christmas lights. I don't know if I was under the influence of something at the time or not, but that has really been engraved in my memory...

Small club shows are really cool. I caught Melissa Etheridge in one just as she started to take off. It was a great show. I remember talking to the Ticketmaster agent while buying the tickets and they were selling so fast, the agent was saying "Who the heck is this Melissa Etheridge?" lol

Barely got the tickets. lol

Saw her again in a much bigger venue a few years later. Still a great show, but there was just something different about the small club.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone's teeth numb right now? Mine are. I hate bigpharma medication. Makes me loopy. Had a little accident at my friends apartment complex this past Saturday. As I was walking down the stairs the fuckers fell apart and I took a tumble. Woke up Sunday morning and couldn't even bend over to tie my shoes.

My doctor put me on prednizone (spelling?). A pain in the ass steroid I've taken before. Gotta get an x-ray tomorrow and I start physical therapy next Tuesday.

But on the plus side I finally get to watch some Cleveland baseball today.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone's teeth numb right now? Mine are. I hate bigpharma medication. Makes me loopy. Had a little accident at my friends apartment complex this past Saturday. As I was walking down the stairs the fuckers fell apart and I took a tumble. Woke up Sunday morning and couldn't even bend over to tie my shoes.

My doctor put me on prednizone (spelling?). A pain in the ass steroid I've taken before. Gotta get an x-ray tomorrow and I start physical therapy next Tuesday.

What fell apart.....the damn stairs?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you heard the term “ambulance chasing “ lawyer?