• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

Again, when you're having to essentially cherry pick games and halves here and there rather than be able to point to consistent high level play...you're kind of making my point for me.

I mean, Lonzo Ball has had games here and there where he has played very close to the hype he had coming in. But those haven't been anywhere enough to show that he can do it consistently enough to ever be seen as anything more than a starting quality PG.
do I need an "and"? You said never.

But OK. How about when he led them back from a 2 TD deficit in his very first game as a rookie that included a GW drive? a GW drive against a solid Bills' D? a 40 spot on the Ravens last year (admittedly, still no clue how that happened)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the ones here sure seem to like him. At least they defend him like they do. lol
Who other than wiggy? Wamu clearly does not like the guy. I have no issue pointing out when he screws up.....on OR off the field. Cannot recall shane being a fanboy for Baker. Missing anyone?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do I need an "and"? You said never.

Never, as in, he'll never be the reason his team has a lot of playoff success or wins a Super Bowl. Not the he'd never play a great game.

He's a starting quality NFL QB...he's going to have some great games and halves.

But OK. How about when he led them back from a 2 TD deficit in his very first game as a rookie that included a GW drive? a GW drive against a solid Bills' D? a 40 spot on the Ravens last year (admittedly, still no clue how that happened)?

Again, this is still just cherry picking games and halves. Nothing to show he can play at an elite level consistently.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...and the one I tried to make was I thought it was absurd to think more reason to use one for LAD than Lakers. and I was able to explain why with logic, facts and reason. You disagree? Cool.

That is your problem.

You want to say I am extreme.

Yet you are the one who calls people “irrational” or “absurd” just because you disagree.

I could care less if you disagree. That is fine. But what you do isn’t disagreement. You are literally inventing things to disagree with and to argue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who other than wiggy? Wamu clearly does not like the guy. I have no issue pointing out when he screws up.....on OR off the field. Cannot recall shane being a fanboy for Baker. Missing anyone?

For guys who don't like him, there sure is a lot of defending him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are all good points and certainly true. But, imo, that's part of the problem here. It seems that it's never Baker just played bad. There's always a laundry list of excuses to explain away why he played bad. Why it's not his fault.

Additionally, he's been in the league long enough, has enough weapons and has enough starts under his belt that he should be showing signs of being able to overcome those kinds of things if he's truly worthy of his draft status.

I'm not saying he's a bad quarterback, he's not. I think he's a starting quality QB, but he's not a guy who's really going to elevate other players like an elite quarterback.

I think that the Browns could win a lot of games and maybe even a Super Bowl with him as QB. Heck, there are worse QB's than Baker who have Super Bowl rings. Guys who's biggest contributions were that they stayed in their lane and just didn't screw things up. If the Browns do start having playoff success I don't think it will be because Baker led them to it.

It won't be as bad as a guy like Dilfer...but it won't be as good as a Brady, Wilson, etc. either.
If you mean led on level of Brady, wilson, P. Manning as you said I agree. But IF they became this type of team could certainly see him on the level of E. Manning, for instance. Isn't to say they will be that kind of team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your problem.

You want to say I am extreme.

Yet you are the one who calls people “irrational” or “absurd” just because you disagree.

I could care less if you disagree. That is fine. But what you do isn’t disagreement. You are literally inventing things to disagree with and to argue.
I did think it was irrational to say Riley was wrong then make excuses for him. No need to invent anything there. That was absurd.

and you also said you thought Dodgers deserved an asterisk more than Lakers and I gave clear, logical reasoning why I disagreed. No need to invent anything.

But ironic you needed to invent the idea I invented anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For guys who don't like him, there sure is a lot of defending him.
Talk about making shit up (as you accused wamu) when did I say I don't like him? I am neither a fanboy nor a critic. I am one of the few Browns' fans who can be objective about him (few on the Browns forums I am on can). a lot of defending by wamu (only one who says he does not like him)? Because he didn't blame the guy for one loss where, to anyone who objectively watched the game, would come to same conclusion?

If someone tells me he's to blame for a loss that I'd be inclined to say he was one of the few guys who did his job in that game, yeah, I'd defend him. want to tell me he was awful against Pitt, Bal, 2nd half of Indy? No disagreement. That he was often a douche off the field up until this season? No disagreement there either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean led on level of Brady, wilson, P. Manning as you said I agree.

That's exactly what I mean. I like Baker. I think he's a good, starting quality NFL QB. I just don't think he'll be a Wilson, Brady, P. Manning level QB.

That's definitely not a knock on him, those are first ballot Hall of Fame level QB's. That's a very exclusive club. There are a lot of QB's who have had a lot of success and won titles that aren't in that club.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alk about making shit up (as you accused wamu) when did I say I don't like him?

When did I single you out as not liking him? You said Wamu and a lot of Browns fans don't like him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I single you out as not liking him? You said Wamu and a lot of Browns fans don't like him.
we were speaking of those on this board. You even said we were talking about this board. your comment in post 600 - "Well, the ones here sure seem to like him. At least they defend him like they do. lol"

I then answered by mentioning those here. Other than wamu who on this board said they don't like him?

Just one of the more painful games to watch.

Holy shit...PAC finally gets rolling this weekend.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were speaking of those on this board. You even said we were talking about this board. your comment in post 600 - "Well, the ones here sure seem to like him. At least they defend him like they do. lol"

And where exactly does that single anyone out as not liking him? You said Wamu and a lot of other Browns fans don't like him. I said Browns fans here defend him like they do. I never said anyone did or did not like him. In fact, my statement speaks more to Browns fans here actually liking him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think it was irrational to say Riley was wrong then make excuses for him. No need to invent anything there. That was absurd.

and you also said you thought Dodgers deserved an asterisk more than Lakers and I gave clear, logical reasoning why I disagreed. No need to invent anything.

But ironic you needed to invent the idea I invented anything.

You just go round and round in circles. Must get tired of chasing your tail eventually.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where exactly does that single anyone out as not liking him? You said Wamu and a lot of other Browns fans don't like him. I said Browns fans here defend him like they do. I never said anyone did or did not like him. In fact, my statement speaks more to Browns fans here actually liking him.
but who defends him when undeserved? Correct...this was my original disagreement. I pointed out all the Browns fans HERE and asked who defended him when undeserved other than Wiggy. still no answer.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just go round and round in circles. Must get tired of chasing your tail eventually.
I actually don't. I make clear arguments that are based on logic, facts and reason....nothing I said is untrue/invented. You said all those things. No need to invent anything. Most comical was you inventing something by saying I invented something. That was post of the year material.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't. I make clear arguments that are based on logic, facts and reason....nothing I said is untrue/invented. You said all those things. No need to invent anything. Most comical was you inventing something by saying I invented something. That was post of the year material.

Your entire argument is based on asterisks being applied when a title is “easier”. And you keep bringing that up. My comment has nothing to do with how easy or hard the titles were and I made that very clear.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire argument is based on asterisks being applied when a title is “easier”. And you keep bringing that up. My comment has nothing to do with how easy or hard the titles were and I made that very clear.
And I made it very clear why I disagreed with you....never mind you also said Riley was wrong then defended him (that's my favorite).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I made it very clear why I disagreed with you....never mind you also said Riley was wrong then defended him (that's my favorite).

You want to keep trying to bring Riley into this, then at least get it right.

I said he was wrong to use term asterisk. No gray in my comment there.

The part where I defended him was the overall context of the interview where he was complimentary of the Lakers and their title run.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I've mentioned on here before that my son is training to be an MMA fighter. Tonight we watched his instructor win a UFC contract on Dana White's Contender Series.

So you are saying you can’t kick your son’s ass anymore?