• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I saw were highlights on redzone. What a difference Chubb makes. 200+ yards rushing. When was the last time time the Browns had two 100 yard rushers is a game? The haters will say it was only the Texans. Don't care. I'll take 6-3. How lousy was the weather in Cleveland today? Game was delayed right?
Bro was there. said the side he was not on looked like a movie set before the game it was so bad (rain, lightening, hail, wind) we saw most of that at our house.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to complain about accuracy with that wind...when he was still at 60%. did seem like both QBs struggled on their deeper throws WITH the wind. watson badly missed 2 in a row and Baker missed the deep one to Landry end of half.

But yeah, D (especially D-line and ward) and running game were exceptional.
I dont care about deep throws but he never really got in a groove. We saw the gameplan though and that is the season gameplan. So I am plenty happy with the W bc I saw how good the defense played. Yeah Watson missed throws too so again, weather was shitty. Only game that’s been shit weather last two games it seems...bad luck. Having Chubb and Kareem makes all the difference in the world, Teller and Hooper too. Main concern was the D and they stepped up. Gotta keep it up vs two bad teams...we need these next two games but take it one game at a time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much crap as the kid gets, Baker has as many wins this season as Burrow, Wentz, Watson, Herbert and Darnold COMBINED. Go figure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care about deep throws but he never really got in a groove. We saw the gameplan though and that is the season gameplan. So I am plenty happy with the W bc I saw how good the defense played. Yeah Watson missed throws too so again, weather was shitty. Only game that’s been shit weather last two games it seems...bad luck. Having Chubb and Kareem makes all the difference in the world, Teller and Hooper too. Main concern was the D and they stepped up. Gotta keep it up vs two bad teams...we need these next two games but take it one game at a time.
season gameplan why I find it funny baker is ripped for being a game manager. IF he fails, more than likely it's because he cannot play in this system which does better when we run and the QB limits mistakes. Meaning, if he fails it's because he is not a game manager.

as I said in another post, his best throw was the deep out to Higgins on 3rd and 18. seems to make a couple throws like that (deep sideline out) every game and those are his most impressive passes to me.

Tell ya what else was great.....us having the coach who knows how to manage the clock and going against the guy that doesn't. Romeo wasted TOs here, too.

said before this game we needed to take 2 of 3.......all 3 of course would be better. I still think 10 wins somehow gets us in. Can they get there? we'll see. But it's nice to still be in the hunt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season gameplan why I find it funny baker is ripped for being a game manager. IF he fails, more than likely it's because he cannot play in this system which does better when we run and the QB limits mistakes. Meaning, if he fails it's because he is not a game manager.

as I said in another post, his best throw was the deep out to Higgins on 3rd and 18. seems to make a couple throws like that (deep sideline out) every game and those are his most impressive passes to me.

Tell ya what else was great.....us having the coach who knows how to manage the clock and going against the guy that doesn't. Romeo wasted TOs here, too.

said before this game we needed to take 2 of 3.......all 3 of course would be better. I still think 10 wins somehow gets us in. Can they get there? we'll see. But it's nice to still be in the hunt.
Baker can’t win with the media but they have to keep backing their point. It’s ridiculous. And definitely, Stefanski is making all the difference in the world.

And talking about playoff position, it’s going to be close bc the top of the AFC is stacked. There are 6 teams that have only 3 losses exactly (if Baltimore wins tonight). Going to have to win those games the Browns are favored in, the ones vs playoffs teams will be tough but I hope they can play a better game vs Baltimore. Should be a fun finish. You think 10 wins could get it done but we will see lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker can’t win with the media but they have to keep backing their point. It’s ridiculous. And definitely, Stefanski is making all the difference in the world.

And talking about playoff position, it’s going to be close bc the top of the AFC is stacked. There are 6 teams that have only 3 losses exactly (if Baltimore wins tonight). Going to have to win those games the Browns are favored in, the ones vs playoffs teams will be tough but I hope they can play a better game vs Baltimore. Should be a fun finish. You think 10 wins could get it done but we will see lol
I could definitely see them getting tripped up against a dreg...but could also see them beating Bmore or TN.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much crap as the kid gets, Baker has as many wins this season as Burrow, Wentz, Watson, Herbert and Darnold COMBINED. Go figure.
The numbers show Mayfield is a much better player without having Beckham anywhere near him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t feel bad but I will be sad when he goes. Still hoping Michigan is stupid enough to keep him another year. We have hope!

I see UofM being stupid enough to keep him around another year. Who would they go after if they got rid of him?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He not only has more wins than all of those QB's this season. He gots more commericals too! :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see UofM being stupid enough to keep him around another year. Who would they go after if they got rid of him?

I think tRona is going to save a few coaches jobs (although apparently not Muschamp). A lot will have to do with the size of the coaches buyout vs. the losses in the athletic departments.

Many at USC want Helton out, especially if they continue to play like they have so far this season. But he has a large buyout (Thanks Lynn Swann) and with revenues down, that makes it a lot harder to fire him before the end of 2021. Plus, he "took one for the team" and agreed to a salary reduction as well. So that would look pretty shitty to fire him after or during this season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tRona is going to save a few coaches jobs (although apparently not Muschamp). A lot will have to do with the size of the coaches buyout vs. the losses in the athletic departments.

Many at USC want Helton out, especially if they continue to play like they have so far this season. But he has a large buyout (Thanks Lynn Swann) and with revenues down, that makes it a lot harder to fire him before the end of 2021. Plus, he "took one for the team" and agreed to a salary reduction as well. So that would look pretty shitty to fire him after or during this season.

Don't follow the 12 Pac like you do. But I have heard in the past about getting Helton outta there. meeeechegan's in a unique situation though. They've overpaid the most overhyped coach maybe of all time. He really has failed on every level. The numbers simply don't lie.

But I think their hands are kinda tied for obviously reasons (the virus you mentioned). With revenues being down across the country I can't see their boosters paying JH off to get him outta town and hire a new coach. They could be stuck with him for another disapponting year. Which would be glorious.

And hail to the victors? meeeechegan needs a new fight song. How about circus music instead?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers show Mayfield is a much better player without having Beckham anywhere near him.
Bit of a small/unfair sample size as most of his games with OBJ were when he had our worst coach ever. I don't love OBJ, and would undo that trade if allowed, but hard to believe we are a better team without him than with

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He not only has more wins than all of those QB's this season. He gots more commericals too! :heh:
article in by an OSU beat writer here who thinks when they eventually dump him it should be for a guy like Tressel. Calm demeanor, does not need to be a splash hire.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone needs to get their priorities straight. lol

Hopefully really busy is a good thing for you.
It it, but Im at the point where I should be doing much less. I have some good, long time employees but not enough. The newer younger ones have no ambition.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you see the same comments I do, @Shanemansj13 , @WiggyRuss , @Wamu ? Have to say I do not get the Browns' fans I so often see in Cleveland sports forums. I can certainly understand opposing fans not liking Baker, and hell, even our fans not caring for his personality. But to constantly cry about him and look for reasons to diminish a 7-3 start for a team who won 7 games in their last 48 prior to this year?

The "we cannot beat good teams" is absurd, as no one has beaten more than 2 good teams, and most good teams have lost to a bad team (the Browns as of now have not). Calling Baker a game manager is also absurd. When he struggled this year it was because he is not a game manager. He often took chances that did not need to be taken and threw costly picks. Now it is true, when it is effective Stefanski's offense might be better off with a QB who could manage a game. The hope is they build a lead by running the ball and/or can run out the clock with their elite RBs. Baker has been better playing his part and not throwing costly picks (none for a month, I believe...never mind the awful weather he's played in). They often failed in the past when our dunderhead coach forgot he had 1-2 elite RBs and even in bad weather had Baker throw 30-40 times. So nice to finally have an adult in charge.

Can Baker be elite? Guess is still no. But I still think it's possible he can be a top 10 QB in Stefanski's system. Next year will be his first since last 2 in Oklahoma he had same offense 2 years in a row.

and, yes, also still possible he ends up not being the guy.

Last edited: