• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although They just got Meechie back

That should speak volumes about Holtmann.

Meechie was South Carolinas leading scorer.

That might make OSU less likely. But would still be great to add Bronny
Or SMU.

Or Duquesne. Bron's childhood friend coaches there, even if it's the A-10.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets just had their 2nd postponed game of the year and this is why I said they try their best to have east coast teams play indoors or on the west coast during the first week of the season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on eclipse news overload around here but I think I just had an idea for a blockbuster movie. How about after eclipse the sun never reappears? Can I trademark a movie idea? I’ll be taking investments.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jemel Hill continues to demonstrate why she sucks at life.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on eclipse news overload around here but I think I just had an idea for a blockbuster movie. How about after eclipse the sun never reappears? Can I trademark a movie idea? I’ll be taking investments.

...or the eclipse is cover for an alien invasion or zombie apocalypse. When the lights come back on.....oh shit!

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but I still thought it was hilarious.

A lot of haters creeping out on Caitlin

Most notably Jemelle Hill who can't be happy she's part of ushering in popularity for the sport.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effectively said the only reason Caitlin gets pushed like she is because she is white.
Meh. Yes and no. Her criticism wasn’t directed at Clark. She’s been adamant about her praise for her as a player. As Hill always does, she’s coming at society and saying that white women sports figures still get much more coverage than women athletes of color. I didn’t read as her wanting less coverage for Caitlin Clark but more coverage for other great players too.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Yes and no. Here criticism wasn’t directed at Clark. She’s been adamant about her praise for her as a player. As Hill always does, she’s coming at society and saying that white women sports figures still get much more coverage than women athletes of color. I didn’t read as her wanting less coverage for Caitlin Clark but more coverage for other great players too.
Well, she isn't wrong.

Black QB's still get called RB's too often.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she isn't wrong.

Race in sports is her “thing”. It’s made her relevant. I think that rubs many people the wrong way. At the same time, until we’re perfect and we’ve fixed everything, voices like that are needed in society so that the public can think and question.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race in sports is her “thing”. It’s made her relevant. I think that rubs many people the wrong way. At the same time, until we’re perfect and we’ve fixed everything, voices like that are needed in society so that the public can think and question.

Doing so in a less antagonizing way would go a long way.

Brittany Griner was pushed nearly as hard. What also made Caitlin was that Reece played the perfect villain. It's not a white/black thing in that regard its because Angel is a....well....bitch.

And so is her white coach.

And I'm sorry but unlike Swoopes, Leslie, Cooper, Griner, Staley etc Aliyah Boston and Ajai Wilson are basic (albeit succesful) top tier women's players who have a limited game and are not on Caitlins level.

I also didn't hear much about the Plum chick either (not to this degree) and she is white.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she isn't wrong.

By who?

If it's applied it's because they have not broken through to the degree they need to. I've been a staunch Fields defender but there is appropriate criticism there.

Jayden Daniels is a guy that wouldn't have gotten near the buzz even 15 years ago.

I think we can just about turn the page. There are always going to be ignorant and racist people.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she isn't wrong.

She is wrong. I guess she never heard of Angel Reese or Juju Watkins who both got a lot of publicity. Caitlyn Clark got a lot of attention because she's a great player who broke a bunch of records.

No they don't. At least 3 of the top QB's in the coming draft are black. Which of them has been called a RB?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By who?

If it's applied it's because they have not broken through to the degree they need to. I've been a staunch Fields defender but there is appropriate criticism there.

Jayden Daniels is a guy that wouldn't have gotten near the buzz even 15 years ago.

I think we can just about turn the page. There are always going to be ignorant and racist people.
And there are always going to be people that still think things are going on that aren’t