• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. So this guy Felciano seems like a real piece of shit. Threw his teammate under the bus after the Super Bowl and it resulted in Jalen Carter sharing some of dude’s “trash talk” during the Week 13 game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better idea.

Just remove the clock from playoff OT.

It is completely unnecessary.

Each team is guaranteed 1 drive. After that it is sudden death if they are still tied.

No need whatsoever for a clock.
There really isn't if you're going go beyond 15 minutes without a tie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree does not need to be but what's wrong with just playing it as though it's the start of another game?
Because it's not? One team wins after both possess the ball if there's a lead. They're not playing out a set amount of time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only have to name one, Foo Fighters. There are more. Nothing wrong with throwing in a country artist every decade either. How Garth Brooks has never player the Super Bowl is beyond me.
The NFL knows what it’s getting.

You don’t hire Jay Z to run the halftime show and expect to see the Goo Fighters

Again: You didn’t watch.

A hundred million did.

The proof is in the ratings

As for Brooks, know your history.

He actually walked out of the Super Bowl when scheduled to sing the National Anthem because they wouldn’t allow him to flame the racists, KKK , Rioters and the cops.

They had to BEG him to come back.

No superbowl show for him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don’t hire Jay Z to run the halftime show and expect to see the Goo Fighters

A hundred million did.

He actually walked out of the Super Bowl when scheduled to sing the National Anthem becothey wouldn’t allow him to flame the racists, KKK , Rioters and the cops.

They can get the same numbers or better by including more people on a year to year basis. We probably won’t agree but that’s ok.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can get the same numbers or better by including more people on a year to year basis. We probably won’t agree but that’s ok.
We probably won’t because perception is reality.

It’s about the ratings….imo

None of these leagues actually give a shit about diversity or inclusion.

They care about the bottom line.

Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rhianna, Beyoncé put asses in the seats and eyes on the TV so that the NFL can charge 7 mil for a 30 sec commercial.

Foo Fighters have decades worth of great material.

They will never get picked over Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber because they don’t have worldwide, mainstream appeal to the same degree.

You say they can get the same results by mixing it up.

Yet, they never have.

Not the Stones….

Not Michael Jackson…

Not Prince…..

Usher's performance at Super Bowl LVIII is officially the most-viewed Halftime Show in history. On Tuesday, Front Office Sports reported that the 13-minute show averaged 129.3 million views.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A hundred million did.

He actually walked out of the Super Bowl when scheduled to sing the National Anthem because they wouldn’t allow him to flame the racists, KKK , Rioters and the cops.

They had to BEG him to come back.

Yeah, Super Bowl halftime shows tend to have "themes" at least as far as music. There have been plenty of halftime shows featuring rock and roll bands (don't know how many country stars have played it). There really isn't enough time to have different styles of music because it would take too long to have to change everyone out. So it makes sense to just stick with whatever style has been chosen.

Whatever style is chosen isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but there are plenty who like that style and enjoy it.

I watched it...for me it was kind of meh because I'm not really an Usher fan, I did think H.E.R. was really good when she came with her guitar. I'd have been good with everyone else just letting her take over. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rhianna, Beyoncé put asses in the seats and eyes on the TV so that the NFL can charge 7 mil for a 30 sec commercial.

They will never get picked over Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber because they don’t have worldwide, mainstream appeal to the same degree.

Yet, they never have.

Not the Stones….

Not Michael Jackson…

Not Prince…..

Usher's performance at Super Bowl LVIII is officially the most-viewed Halftime Show in history. On Tuesday, Front Office Sports reported that the 13-minute show averaged 129.3 million views.
I get it, the overall game was the highest rated Super Bowl as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet, they never have.

Not the Stones….

Not Michael Jackson…

Not Prince…..

Actually, I believe the Foo Fighters have shown no interest. Green Day could've been a rock option this year with a fresh album just out in January, but the whole "American Idiot" stuff and their new single "The American Dream Is Killing Me" are probably tough sells, lol.

Metallica could always be an option but is probably a bit much for the general public. They really are due for a country act IMO (although that doesn't appeal to me either lol)>