• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think he forgets all of this in divisional rounds?
Because only Browns fans lose their shit over the divisional round. The Super Bowl and the conference championship games are the “big games”. You’ll have to take my word for it because you’ll never see your team play in one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. Next score wins

You don’t get a much better chance to win a game than having a ball at the 2 yd line
Guessing for most teams it's not much better than 50-50 to convert there (if it was much better they'd do it more). You doubt it? Have you never seen Twitter or other forums like these?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because only Browns fans lose their shit over the divisional round. The Super Bowl and the conference championship games are the “big games”. You’ll have to take my word for it because you’ll never see your team play in one.
and Tommy returns.....I've seen my team play in 3 AFCCGs.

Why is a CCG lumped in as the same as a SB but a divisional game not on par for a CCG?

seems pretty clear you must now how irrational you are being here with your fear of answering yet another simple question (being scared of Qs a top sign of the irrational. If you missed it here it is again......any credit to SF coaches and players for the game?

apologies if you went nuts and answered and I just missed it, Tommy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if there is a tie, you get a second OT. That has ALSO always been the case in post season games. Straw man argument defeated.

A second OT for a game where a team holds a lead is pointless and overcorrection for a problem that didn't exist. Didn't come into play, as KC scored at :03, but it's still a stupid rule change.
I get what you are saying but if the rule is both teams get a drive then both teams get a drive (a full one). You may not like it but not some crazy notion.

Personally the rule I don't think was needed was shortening reg. season OT to 10 minutes and hope they go back to 15.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would result in KC because of time having to kick a FG because they would have had to start over again with another coin toss after the 1Q of OT. It’s a dumb idea.

Who cares about “always” when we are talking about the end result of evolution of game play and rule changes? It’s a dumb idea. You’re alone on an island standing on circumstance over nonsense.

No it’s not. The rule change is designed to make the randomness of a coin flip play a reduced role in the outcome of a football game. If the Chiefs have to worry about clock or the Niners stall ball as they plan to kick a FG as time expires it makes the coin toss too impactful again. Your ideas on this are completely flawed and broken. You’ve chosen a poor hill to die on.
Totally agree...though not unlike thinking a coach forgets he's a choker in those unimportant divisional round games nor simply crediting a team for winning.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. 3-12 on 3rd down when they were 49% on 3rd down all season. Deebo gets 41 total yards. Ayuik limited targets. Kittle 4 receiving yards. He has a stable of play makers and the only one he could bust loose was CMC. He shit the bed…again. This is who he is.
Yet still a lead late and if D gets a stop they win the game (twice).....but only the HC in charge of the O choked.

Ya gotta love this forum.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing for most teams it's not much better than 50-50 to convert there (if it was much better they'd do it more). You doubt it? Have you never seen Twitter or other forums like these?
Twitter isn’t a real place

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. It’s your job on that play to obstruct one of the men covering the kick. That has to be the player’s focus. If the player is looking around for the ball he likely misses a block and now a man runs unencumbered into the punt returner and an increased risk of a turnover on the hit post catch.
Ball was on the ground by then...you can block and look around. Never mind we have also seen ST guys touch the ball and not be blocking plus not being able to tell a front from back of a player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. 3-12 on 3rd down when they were 49% on 3rd down all season. Deebo gets 41 total yards. Ayuik limited targets. Kittle 4 receiving yards. He has a stable of play makers and the only one he could bust loose was CMC. He shit the bed…again. This is who he is.

I agree CMC should have been fed more.

But how about giving some credit to Spags who is also a genius level defense caller?

Or to the Chiefs corners who are probably the best in the NFL and let’s credit the job they did limiting Aiyuk and Deebo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are saying should happen instead. are you saying just start over and do it again (starting with another coin flip)?

edit - OK...now I think I get it? You are just saying result for KC needs to be decided within those 15 minutes? I think what they are doing is fine but if that is the case what happens after the 15 minutes had KC tied with a FG?

Better idea.

Just remove the clock from playoff OT.

It is completely unnecessary.

Each team is guaranteed 1 drive. After that it is sudden death if they are still tied.

No need whatsoever for a clock.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better idea.

Just remove the clock from playoff OT.

It is completely unnecessary.

Each team is guaranteed 1 drive. After that it is sudden death if they are still tied.

No need whatsoever for a clock.
Not sure of the rules but maybe a clock because if they are tied after 2 periods it's like regulation (without an actual half time) and the team who kicked off to start OT then gets the ball? They do say it's like a new game I believe (other than both teams get ball once).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of the rules but maybe a clock because if they are tied after 2 periods it's like regulation (without an actual half time) and the team who kicked off to start OT then gets the ball? They do say it's like a new game I believe (other than both teams get ball once).

I think it is something like that.

But it doesn’t need to be.

They have to play until someone scores anyway.

Why not just let the game flow until that happens?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CMC should have been fed more.

But how about giving some credit to Spags who is also a genius level defense caller?

Or to the Chiefs corners who are probably the best in the NFL and let’s credit the job they did limiting Aiyuk and Deebo.
No

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is something like that.

But it doesn’t need to be.

They have to play until someone scores anyway.

Why not just let the game flow until that happens?
I can agree does not need to be but what's wrong with just playing it as though it's the start of another game?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I know it's game over if you go for 2 and make it (or don't).
Yes absolutely and that is what Andy Reid said he would have done.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet still a lead late and if D gets a stop they win the game (twice).....but only the HC in charge of the O choked.

Ya gotta love this forum.
It’s the coaches job to give his team the absolute best chance to win, he failed on multiple accounts but definitely at the start of overtime.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes absolutely and that is what Andy Reid said he would have done.
I did hear him say this and maybe he does......but I think that's a lot easier to say when the move is not staring you in the face that if you fail ends your season. Guess depends if he has a play he really loves and/or on their success rate going for 2 (and SF stopping it), as well.

Now if I'm SF I'm definitely going for 2 as not sure how much fath I'd have in the rookie K.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the coaches job to give his team the absolute best chance to win, he failed on multiple accounts but definitely at the start of overtime.
His team had a lead end of game and in OT and if they get a stop they win. But sure.

and i'm not even a shanny fan. He's a little overrated IMO.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team had a lead end of game and in OT and if they get a stop they win. But sure.

and i'm not even a shanny fan. He's a little overrated IMO.
Yeah it just comes down to asking yourself if you want to guess what you need to do or if you want to know what you have to do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it just comes down to asking yourself if you want to guess what you need to do or if you want to know what you have to do.
OK? But there was more to the game besides that one decision.