• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no idea where the ball is. It’s the job of the returner to be screaming some code word that means find the ball and get away. I have been on staffs that have used Poison and Tony Romo was calling it Peter during the telecast.
did hear them saying that and I'm sure that's true.....but you should have some idea if you are near the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain why OT doesn't end, then restart after 15 minutes if needed? I understand the change to guarantee (barring defensive scores) a possession, but 15 minutes should be enough to do that. It didn't affect last night's game (barely, winning score at 0.03), but seems ridiculous to me.
why not just play it like a regular game....no different than going to 2nd qtr?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that’s really soft and gay. This is a mindset for middle school athletics. The Niners are led by a coach who is widely seen as as an offensive genius. He shit the bed again last night. He’s 0-3 in Super Bowls as head coach or offensive coordinator and in all 3 he’s blown double digit leads. Pro sports is for Big Boys. By every measure, the Niners had the better team, they had a lead in the game, for much of the contest they won the battle on the line of scrimmage. They absolutely choked.

This was absolutely a choke.
It's for big boys but you are excusing the 53 big boys or are they to blame, too?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am absolutely disgusted with the 49ers still. To find out the coaches didn’t even explain the ot rules as well? Wtf

We needed Detroit in the superbowl. Against Pat Mahomes, you need a coach who know the best defense against them is to not settle for fgs
Didn't SF pass up a FG, go for it and get a TD out of it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assume it'll be the guy from KSU (whose name is escaping me even though I said it to someone yesterday....I'm old).

Guessing between Noland and Saye whoever does NOT win the #2 job will leave.

Too bad Ohio State doesn't play Syracuse this upcoming season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that is the advantage of first 2 drives (going second) and why all CFB teams go second (or nearly all). I'd say might depend on odds of both doing the same thing on each of their 1st possession but could we even know since it's never happened quite like this?
It’s the coach’s job to know. You need to plan for every possibility. A specific rule change that only impacts playoff OT is one of those things you and the staff put under the microscope in March when you don’t have a game every week.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around that shit. You're players don't know the overtime rules? And admitting that after the fact? You have to be better than that...
I guess I got no issue owning the mistake...but needed to know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't lie I still need someone to explain to me it as well. My one and only question is if the team who got the ball first gets a TD and hits the xp, do i win the game if i score and go for 2 or would the team who got the ball first still get the ball back?
Far as I know it's game over if you go for 2 and make it (or don't).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did hear them saying that and I'm sure that's true.....but you should have some idea if you are near the ball.
Absolutely not. It’s your job on that play to obstruct one of the men covering the kick. That has to be the player’s focus. If the player is looking around for the ball he likely misses a block and now a man runs unencumbered into the punt returner and an increased risk of a turnover on the hit post catch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's for big boys but you are excusing the 53 big boys or are they to blame, too?
All of them had a part in blowing a double digit lead but the buck stops with the coach who habitually fails in the big games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no idea where the ball is. It’s the job of the returner to be screaming some code word that means find the ball and get away. I have been on staffs that have used Poison and Tony Romo was calling it Peter during the telecast.

Plus, hard to get away if you're engaged with a blocker. It's just bad luck.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the coach’s job to know. You need to plan for every possibility. A specific rule change that only impacts playoff OT is one of those things you and the staff put under the microscope in March when you don’t have a game every week.
sure but for the question I posed since it's never been a thing no way to know the specific odds of that.

would also say IF both teams did same thing and SF scores a FG to win on next possession I doubt anyone is questioning it (well, maybe not knowing the rules).

Notice many have not questioned them for passing up and kick....when going resulted in a TD?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them had a part in blowing a double digit lead but the buck stops with the coach who habitually fails in the big games.
so it's not on the real big boys. Got it.

I'm not a shanahan apologist either as I do think he's a bit overrated (but a good coach). Players Matter though. A lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure but for the question I posed since it's never been a thing no way to know the specific odds of that.

would also say IF both teams did same thing and SF scores a FG to win on next possession I doubt anyone is questioning it (well, maybe not knowing the rules).

Notice many have not questioned them for passing up and kick....when going resulted in a TD?
Probably because it was the right move. You can’t settle for threes and out last Patrick Mahomes. You need to be aggressive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, hard to get away if you're engaged with a blocker. It's just bad luck.
That I can agree with and cannot say I watched a replay to pay attention to whether in THIS instance he could have gotten away. But we've all seen times they were just dumb.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because it was the right move. You can’t settle for threes and out last Patrick Mahomes. You need to be aggressive.
I agree but don't kid yourself......don't make it and lose by a FG or less and he gets crushed for it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it's not on the real big boys. Got it.

I'm not a shanahan apologist either as I do think he's a bit overrated (but a good coach). Players Matter though. A lot.
My reference to Big Boy football was stated to counter what I deemed to be a middle school everybody gets a trophy approach to sports that doesn’t hold a coach accountable for habitual failings. Hes the constant in variables that extend to different franchises and different teams for the same franchise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird part to me is that the period isn't limited to 15 min. Last night's OT would've continued to a 2nd quarter if the Chiefs' drive wasn't over yet. That seems excessive and unnecessary.
Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are saying should happen instead. are you saying just start over and do it again (starting with another coin flip)?

edit - OK...now I think I get it? You are just saying result for KC needs to be decided within those 15 minutes? I think what they are doing is fine but if that is the case what happens after the 15 minutes had KC tied with a FG?