• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Super Bowl halftime shows tend to have "themes" at least as far as music. There have been plenty of halftime shows featuring rock and roll bands (don't know how many country stars have played it). There really isn't enough time to have different styles of music because it would take too long to have to change everyone out. So it makes sense to just stick with whatever style has been chosen.

Whatever style is chosen isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but there are plenty who like that style and enjoy it.

I watched it...for me it was kind of meh because I'm not really an Usher fan, I did think H.E.R. was really good when she came with her guitar. I'd have been good with everyone else just letting her take over. lol
Same.

H.E.R. was fire.

She’s been dubbed the female version of Prince.

Gigantic standard to live up to

But, fuck if she isn’t talented.

She did Let’s go crazy at a Prince tribute concert and just killed it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I believe the Foo Fighters have shown no interest. Green Day could've been a rock option this year with a fresh album just out in January, but the whole "American Idiot" stuff and their new single "The American Dream Is Killing Me" are probably tough sells, lol.

Metallica could always be an option but is probably a bit much for the general public. They really are due for a country act IMO (although that doesn't appeal to me either lol)>
You already know who they want as their “ County “ act.

She got more camera time than her boyfriend that was actually playing in the game.

I personally see her as a Pop artist.

With that being said, prepare for the alienation of the entire genre because Beyoncé and Taylor have some Country music coming out any day now

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She got more camera time than her boyfriend that was actually playing in the game.

With that being said, prepare for the alienation of the entire genre because Beyoncé and Taylor have some Country music coming out any day now

She's too busy making all her fans buy the same album twice.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is what it is but I’m disappointed in Swift for not speaking out about Toby Keith passing. And if she has by now great. All kinds of stuff out there on how he helped give her her start and how she thought of him as an icon.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is what it is but I’m disappointed in Swift for not speaking out about Toby Keith passing. And if she has by now great. All kinds of stuff out there on how he helped give her her start and how she thought of him as an icon.

This is the stuff I don't get. You have all these folks who in one breath talk about people having faux outrage yet they allow Taylor Swift to completely tip their world over.

I don't understand the logic or how one cannot see they are in fact the very kind of person they are complaining about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i heard that female viewership, especially among young females was way up and it's because of Taylor Swift.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's too busy making all her fans buy the same album twice.

Cmon man.

She is not making anybody do that.

But pretty clever of her to cover her own songs so she can make money of a previously bad for her record deal.

It is a smart move that I am sure many other recording artists are wishing they were popular enough to pull off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard that female viewership, especially among young females was way up and it's because of Taylor Swift.

It is insane how much girls 8-12 absolutely love her.

There have been hugely famous singers before her and there will be more after.

But I personally have never seen a craze quite like this one. It is amazing what she has built.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the stuff I don't get. You have all these folks who in one breath talk about people having faux outrage yet they allow Taylor Swift to completely tip their world over.

I don't understand the logic or how one cannot see they are in fact the very kind of person they are complaining about.
Yeah this was just me. Someone gets you your start and you have publicly thanked them over the years you don’t change when they die. And I assure you she has no affect on me lol, I would just think a little more of her if she did the right thing. Toby wasn’t even political, a Democrat turned Independent in fact, he just believed supporting the troops should be above all that and he backed it up with actions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

She is not making anybody do that.

But pretty clever of her to cover her own songs so she can make money of a previously bad for her record deal.

It is a smart move that I am sure many other recording artists are wishing they were popular enough to pull off.

You don't think most of the Swifties are all buying those albums all over again? The 1989 redo is already over 2 million sold and Red is nearly at 1 million. None of her new albums have sold 3 million since the original 1989 in 2014 (at least according to last reported totals).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was just me. Someone gets you your start and you have publicly thanked them over the years you don’t change when they die. And I assure you she has no affect on me lol, I would just think a little more of her if she did the right thing. Toby wasn’t even political, a Democrat turned Independent in fact, he just believed supporting the troops should be above all that and he backed it up with actions.

Meh. I hope she doesn't write any jingoistic songs about the USA coming to kick your ass, not a good look.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it seems he moreso helped fund her career rather than directly mentor her. But I do think she found the whole back and forth between him and The Dixie Chicks to be a driving force behind her own politics.

I know the dude was a shitty bar owner. The one he opened in Cincy lasted like 2 seconds.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I hope she doesn't write any jingoistic songs about the USA coming to kick your ass, not a good look.
Yeah you just don’t know Toby, he performed that song for the troops long before it was recorded. He commented that one got away from him but he straight up didn’t care, it was only about the troops.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems he moreso helped fund her career rather than directly mentor her. But I do think she found the whole back and forth between him and The Dixie Chicks to be a driving force behind her own politics.

I know the dude was a shitty bar owner. The one he opened in Cincy lasted like 2 seconds.
lol those were all franchised

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is insane how much girls 8-12 absolutely love her.

There have been hugely famous singers before her and there will be more after.

But I personally have never seen a craze quite like this one. It is amazing what she has built.
Are you a swiftie?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hr probably should have chosen more carefully who got to use his name. The one in Cincy was connected to a mob family.
Probably supported the troops, all that would have mattered to Toby

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a very strange standard for business lol

but I'm not here to shit on the dude

RIP
I think you would be surprised if you knew who actually owned a lot of businesses. I am constantly amazed.