• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was ugly. Flacco might have cost himself a lot of money and, no, the game not all on him. The D deserves as much or more of the blame and why I think the Browns fans here wish everyone was picking against us as opposed to a number thinking we'd win easily.

Props to the Texans and CJ
First time I ever saw Stroud play and I have to say that the kid impressed me. Poise, confidence, and a pretty strong arm. Texans fans are definitely gonna be pleased with this kid for a long time...

As for the Browns, you got more outta Flacco than I thought was possible, so good job there. Key injuries and perhaps poor game planning I'd say contributed to your demise. Not to mention mistakes obviously. Don't get me wrong, injuries are part of the game, but man I didn't know you had that many...

Good luck in the off-season. Decision time is coming...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I ever saw Stroud play and I have to say that the kid impressed me. Poise, confidence, and a pretty strong arm. Texans fans are definitely gonna be pleased with this kid for a long time...

As for the Browns, you got more outta Flacco than I thought was possible, so good job there. Key injuries and perhaps poor game planning I'd say contributed to your demise. Not to mention mistakes obviously. Don't get me wrong, injuries are part of the game, but man I didn't know you had that many...

Good luck in the off-season. Decision time is coming...
Not sure what decisions you are talking about but no major ones need to be made. Coach and GM are not going anywhere (probably get extensions). Watson remains the #1 QB and Chubb hopefully returns from injury as #1 RB. OL at least starts off as it did this year....might be a decision on Conklin.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns picked a hell of a game to not show up. Got abused.

Can’t be disappointed with the season regardless, after week two I figured it was over
Truth be told if my team is going to go down I'd rather it be like that.....better than a heartbreaker.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what decisions you are talking about but no major ones need to be made. Coach and GM are not going anywhere (probably get extensions). Watson remains the #1 QB and Chubb hopefully returns from injury as #1 RB. OL at least starts off as it did this year....might be a decision on Conklin.
Yeah just meant the typical stuff that goes on in the off-season. Honestly wasn't sure of your contract situation. But hey, if you keep at least 90% of that defense I'd say you're golden...

Hopefully the Watson injury thing doesn't become a constant and recurring one...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told if my team is going to go down I'd rather it be like that.....better than a heartbreaker.
I dunno. If it's me I'd say losing in a heartbreak fashion is preferable. At least I could say we were in the game til the end. Just my opinion though...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. If it's me I'd say losing in a heartbreak fashion is preferable. At least I could say we were in the game til the end. Just my opinion though...

Yeah, there's a couple of ways to look at it.

On one hand, it's an embarrassing loss, but you can also just call it "a bad day at work", throw out the tape and forget about it.

On the other hand, as you point out, a heartbreaker means you were right there with a good shot at winning, but it also leads to second guessing yourself a lot more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear who won the trade.

I mean, to be fair a number of those guys (like anderson) were acquired by our pick and many of their own picks. ......and most of the guys on that long list are like the many players we received in the Wentz deal who amounted to very little or less than that.

I'd still make the deal from our standpoint, but, sure, works out for them too.....because they got stroud.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see that side but a loss is a loss to me....don't want to be thinking all week and even into the offseason about 1 play we screwed up that could have won it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reasonable fan would suggest that but I'd say most fans in the forums I go to are not reasonable. They have their agenda and nothing changes it.

Watson just isn't a likeable guy at this point.

the injury was highly unfortunate though in terms of robbing him of the opportunity to make up for his poor start.

that said....he's owed a ton of money lol. Basic fans seem to neglect that fact.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was ugly. Flacco might have cost himself a lot of money and, no, the game not all on him. The D deserves as much or more of the blame and why I think the Browns fans here wish everyone was picking against us as opposed to a number thinking we'd win easily.

Props to the Texans and CJ

I hope CJ has a damn good career. All of us Buckeyes fans have been waiting too long for a good NFL qb. I'll never be a Texans fan but I'll always root for Stroud. Except for when he plays our team of course.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson just isn't a likeable guy at this point.

the injury was highly unfortunate though in terms of robbing him of the opportunity to make up for his poor start.

that said....he's owed a ton of money lol. Basic fans seem to neglect that fact.
Last comment true, but if fans only went by facts and not what they think happened he's not as unlikeable. Teammates seem to like him and he does seem like he wants to be around even if he cannot help. I think even if due less money he'd be back as he's still young and talented.

For me I just didn't get why so many felt they could not love the job done by Flacco without also ripping him......I mean, the kid helped us win our biggest game on a high ankle sprain with a broken shoulder.....and tried to get cleared by a doc to finish up the season but couldn't. Not his fault he got hurt.

Oh well.......wait until next year once again.