• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the guy seems to catch the ball when near him and has made plays in real NFL games. Isn't to say Davis wont, but so far the only plays he has made were against guys who likely wont be on the field this year. Does look good so far.....but so did Josh Lenz.

17 catches on 30 targets

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 catches on 30 targets
He's, what, a 5th WR? Is that terrible and does it mean he does not catch the balls that are catchable? Only 1 drop in his career and seems those numbers are a little skewed because of the Freddie Fiasco (4 rec. in 10 targets). With adults coaching him he has 13 receptions on 20 targets.

Not saying he's anything special, but seems OK for a 5th-6th receiver.

Davis is 0-0 so far.....but if they think he has shown more and should be on the team then I have no reason to doubt stefanski/Berry.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's, what, a 5th WR? Is that terrible and does it mean he does not catch the balls that are catchable? Only 1 drop in his career and seems those numbers are a little skewed because of the Freddie Fiasco (4 rec. in 10 targets). With adults coaching him he has 13 receptions on 20 targets.

Davis is 0-0 so far.....but if they think he has shown more and should be on the team then I have no reason to doubt stefanski/Berry.

Seems to me then you don't draft Schwartz if you're wanting to keep Hodge? It just doesn't line up when you have the top 4 receiver spots locked down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear some like that....but if he can help the Browns I don't care where he went to school.

And that's all that matters. If he can be productive and help the team I can overlook that he played up north. And like I've said before my reasons for not liking former UofM players is petty. But too damn bad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

Great nickname for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me then you don't draft Schwartz if you're wanting to keep Hodge? It just doesn't line up when you have the top 4 receiver spots locked down.
You don't draft a guy you really like because you might pay/keep your 5-6th guy when rosters are still at around 90 players? I mean, it's very possible Landry or OBJ might not be around next year so could be another reason they took Schwartz. My guess is many teams have top 4 WR spots locked down but still drafted WRs 3-4th round or sooner.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't draft a guy you really like because you might pay/keep your 5-6th guy when rosters are still at around 90 players? I mean, it's very possible Landry or OBJ might not be around next year so could be another reason they took Schwartz. My guess is many teams have top 4 WR spots locked down but still drafted WRs 3-4th round or sooner.

Did they draft a receiver in the 3rd and sign their fifth receiver to a 2 million dollar deal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they draft a receiver in the 3rd and sign their fifth receiver to a 2 million dollar deal?
Yes.......so? are you saying Berry screwed up with the pick because they took the best player on their board and should not have because of the status of the 5-6th WR on the team....... who is on a minimal contract and not signed past this season? 4th WR also not signed past the season and #1 or #2 guy could be let go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ, Landry, DPJ, Higgins, Swartz (IR or not) - all will be on the team and I imagine Felton would be a WR/RB. It doesn't really matter they probably keep 10 total RB/WR.

Chubb, Hunt, Felton and Johnson...Johnson is too good not to make the team.

Like I said one spot: Hodge, Davis or Natson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ, Landry, DPJ, Higgins, Swartz (IR or not) - all will be on the team and I imagine Felton would be a WR/RB. It doesn't really matter they probably keep 10 total RB/WR.

Chubb, Hunt, Felton and Johnson...Johnson is too good not to make the team.

Like I said one spot: Hodge, Davis or Natson.
I think Natson is out unless they feel he's a dynamic return/ST guy.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.......so? are you saying Berry screwed up with the pick because they took the best player on their board and should not have because of the status of the 5-6th WR on the team....... who is on a minimal contract and not signed past this season? 4th WR also not signed past the season and #1 or #2 guy could be let go.

Liked the Schwartz pick. Saw the re-signing of Hodge as unnecessary

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Hodge or Davis, not saying Davis is the right pick bc he has a short sample size but I feel like potentially your 6th WR you can take a risk on possibly. Hodge has been good when he has been on the field, nothing special. Davis doesn't have a track record I feel COULD bring more to the table. In reality, it doesn't matter too much but I didn't know Hodge ran a 4.39 40. That's not everything just didn't know he was that fast.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually now that I think about it there is one ex-factor...Fullback. Janovich or Stanton, Stanton is an ex QB that lined up at TE, RB and FB. He is very versatile and I see a chance he could make the team. In that case, Felton is likely that 6th WR, 3 RB's and 1 FB/TE is Stanton.

IMO I still think they keep Hodge, maybe Stanton too. It's just one less spot to use somewhere else, curious where that could be. I guess with the Carlson injury that means they only go 3 TE's-Njoku, Hoop and Bryant

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked the Schwartz pick. Saw the re-signing of Hodge as unnecessary
I mean it wasn't a must signing, but maybe the guy who coached him last year likes him and figured for a minimal, 1 year deal he was worth bringing back?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Hodge or Davis, not saying Davis is the right pick bc he has a short sample size but I feel like potentially your 6th WR you can take a risk on possibly. Hodge has been good when he has been on the field, nothing special. Davis doesn't have a track record I feel COULD bring more to the table. In reality, it doesn't matter too much but I didn't know Hodge ran a 4.39 40. That's not everything just didn't know he was that fast.
Makes 2 of us about his speed. Also catches the ball well. Certainly can see why they resigned him. But, sure, it's not enough that I would hesitate to keep Davis over him if I felt he was better for the short and/or long term.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually now that I think about it there is one ex-factor...Fullback. Janovich or Stanton, Stanton is an ex QB that lined up at TE, RB and FB. He is very versatile and I see a chance he could make the team. In that case, Felton is likely that 6th WR, 3 RB's and 1 FB/TE is Stanton.

IMO I still think they keep Hodge, maybe Stanton too. It's just one less spot to use somewhere else, curious where that could be. I guess with the Carlson injury that means they only go 3 TE's-Njoku, Hoop and Bryant
Almost like keeping Stanton makes it easier, no? As he can be the 4th TE AND fill other roles if need be as a regular backup or injury replacement/backup.