• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like he held the ball too long often but definitely had a few real nice throws.

I'm guessing that was rookie jitters. I think he'll be okay. But he's gonna take his lumps this year. The Jags aren't good.

You gonna watch any of the preseason game today?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that was rookie jitters. I think he'll be okay. But he's gonna take his lumps this year. The Jags aren't good.

You gonna watch any of the preseason game today?
I'll watch most of it (maybe all).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Dalton will start but he has a very short leash
Hopefully they are doing a good job of explaining why if that is the case. Feeling like you got beat out of literally anything by a guy that sucks as bad as Dalton could kill a career. He is bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields and Lance exceptional

Jones and Wilson solid to good.

Lawrence no data.

They all did well, but Fields is the 1 to bet on of the 4. Wouldn’t bet against any being at least moderately successful.
what else did your "friend" say?

lets see....

1629656322627.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm talking about. What have Daniel Jones done in his career to not play in preseason?

Yeah when I found out he wasn’t playing it was a head-scratcher. I expected him to play a drive or two at least. Glennon looks better than Daniel Jones has looked at his best throwing the ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, but no games as part of the analysis makes it suspect, at best, as I would think you'd agree.......unless you misspoke before you removed that.

Like the kid so hope he's right on Fields.

Well, there are 6 NFL teams who disagree with that so much that they pay extra to keep the data away from other franchises.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah when I found out he wasn’t playing it was a head-scratcher. I expected him to play a drive or two at least. Glennon looks better than Daniel Jones has looked at his best throwing the ball.
it just seems the "in" thing to do right now is basically sit everyone.

I have been happy to see the rooks- esp. Newsome, JOK, and Felton play well.

Felton looks like he might be a steal in the 6th round. They have him doing all kinds of stuff.

JOK just looks like a rocket on the field. From everything I read- he fell because teams werent sure how to incorporate him into their defense- and after the Cardinals debacle with Isiah Simmons- some teams got worried.

but if the Browns find the right way to use this guy he can be such a weapon. He is so perfect in the right role in the modern NFL because of his speed and coverage ability.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of reports that David Njoku looks great too. A lot of people do not talk about the Browns tight ends- but their group of Hooper, Njoku, and Harrison Bryant is talented and has a little bit of everything. Hooper is steady, good hands, smart can block. Njoku is fast, explosive, crazy athletic, Bryant was the unanimous John Mackey award for best tight end in college football- has some nice hands and will be a nice guy for them to continue to develop.

OBviously the backs get a ton of attention with the best combo in the league in Chubb and Hunt.

and the receivers get their fair amount of attention with OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Peoples-Jones,

but the tight end group is strong and deep and they use multiple tight end groups a lot.

Browns offense is really very very good.

Great O-Line, great backs, solid tight ends.

Whether it can be elite and a top 3 offense in the league comes down to OBJ and Baker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of reports that David Njoku looks great too. A lot of people do not talk about the Browns tight ends- but their group of Hooper, Njoku, and Harrison Bryant is talented and has a little bit of everything. Hooper is steady, good hands, smart can block. Njoku is fast, explosive, crazy athletic, Bryant was the unanimous John Mackey award for best tight end in college football- has some nice hands and will be a nice guy for them to continue to develop.

OBviously the backs get a ton of attention with the best combo in the league in Chubb and Hunt.

and the receivers get their fair amount of attention with OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Peoples-Jones,

but the tight end group is strong and deep and they use multiple tight end groups a lot.

Whether it can be elite and a top 3 offense in the league comes down to OBJ and Baker.
Davion Davis is making some noise on preseason as well. Going to be a difficult decision if they can only keep 6 WR’s….

OBJ, Landry, DPJ, Higgins, Felton - automatic
Hodge, Swartz, Natson and Davion Davis -

Maybe they keep 7 if Swartz is on IR to start the season and I will be all for Davis over Hodge. He just has an “it” factor I am seeing

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he's the clear starter and didn't he have some injury issues late last season?

I don't care what he had. He isn't that good and could use the game action. This isn't Tom Brady

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just seems the "in" thing to do right now is basically sit everyone.

I have been happy to see the rooks- esp. Newsome, JOK, and Felton play well.

Felton looks like he might be a steal in the 6th round. They have him doing all kinds of stuff.

JOK just looks like a rocket on the field. From everything I read- he fell because teams werent sure how to incorporate him into their defense- and after the Cardinals debacle with Isiah Simmons- some teams got worried.

but if the Browns find the right way to use this guy he can be such a weapon. He is so perfect in the right role in the modern NFL because of his speed and coverage ability.
JOK was probably what you mentioned but also there was that heart concern (who knows how big a concern?).

No doubt you'd rather our guys look good than not but hard to really gauge anything as fans in preseason against backups. I mean, I remember a couple years ago Josh Lenz looked like a star and fans were livid he was let go. Not sure he ever latched on anywhere.

No doubt Felton should make the team and if no Hunt he'd possibly play a fair amount

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those who still rip Njoku (and there are many in Browns' forums) are the type who had their minds made up right away and cannot believe maybe he improved and they could have been wrong. You still hear "cannot catch and can't block" when the guy dropped 1 pass last season and became an exceptional blocker (easily best on team per PFF).

I wonder if they will be able to keep Hooper and resign Njoku (if he is worthy of a decent sized deal).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davion Davis is making some noise on preseason as well. Going to be a difficult decision if they can only keep 6 WR’s….

OBJ, Landry, DPJ, Higgins, Felton - automatic
Hodge, Swartz, Natson and Davion Davis -

Maybe they keep 7 if Swartz is on IR to start the season and I will be all for Davis over Hodge. He just has an “it” factor I am seeing
Honestly thought the best catch Davis has made was not even the TD last week, but the one today when NYG DB looked like he had an INT and he came back and made the catch.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what he had. He isn't that good and could use the game action. This isn't Tom Brady
I don't necessarily disagree, but do you allow for the possibility the real NFL coaches could know more than you? If the guy has played well in camp and against the Browns in practice do you want to risk injury and be forced to play Mike Glennon?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree, but do you allow for the possibility the real NFL coaches could know more than you?

No because this silly trend is fairly recent. Game action matters. Practice is nice and all but nothing is like real game action especially for a QB like Jones who is mediocre.

If the guy has played well in camp and against the Browns in practice do you want to risk injury and be forced to play Mike Glennon?

Yes