• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is going to start, but there is a lot more to it than that.

Fields’ mobility opens up the offense in a way Dalton never can.

So Dalton will need to play lights out to hold him off. And it is in the Bears best interest for Fields to watch a few games before he gets in. Still a lot to learn.
Oh. I know.....I expect Dalton to start but Fields to replace him by week 5-6.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Dalton will need to play lights out to hold him off. And it is in the Bears best interest for Fields to watch a few games before he gets in. Still a lot to learn.
Agree, Dalton will start but he has a very short leash

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters are going to see a lot of action in the last game.....won't be many excuses of rust after week 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many players not playing preseason then watch we'll hear complaints about rust/lack of game action if their team lose week 1
In a way teams cannot win. The fans who live to complain (and I suspect all teams have them) will complain if they don't play and lose week 1 and, of course, complain if they play in preseason and get hurt

I mean, sure, would make the game more interesting to see the starters play but I guess I have to trust our coach/GM until they give us a reason not to.....still have not confirmed they wont at least get a series in game 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely a "balance" that they should be trying to get to. Players need to get their bodies used to hitting again, but too much hitting can have them wearing down by the end of the season and/or risk injury. No hitting at all, can have them going into the season not as prepared physically and cause injuries.

That's just the physical aspect and doesn't include things like timing, etc. which if they are off, can cost them a game or 2 early in the season.

Obviously, starters/veterans don't need as much time as the young guys/non-starters...but they still need to get some plays at game speed.

Yep. I don't see the issue in getting them a series or two in the first preseason games knowing that they won't play in the final preseason game. I'm ok with the future HOF like Brady and Rodgers not playing at all but when you are not playing any of your 1st team guys then I have a problem

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely a "balance" that they should be trying to get to. Players need to get their bodies used to hitting again, but too much hitting can have them wearing down by the end of the season and/or risk injury. No hitting at all, can have them going into the season not as prepared physically and cause injuries.

That's just the physical aspect and doesn't include things like timing, etc. which if they are off, can cost them a game or 2 early in the season.

Obviously, starters/veterans don't need as much time as the young guys/non-starters...but they still need to get some plays at game speed.
Kind of how I see it, but also think the coaches who have earned it should be trusted no matter which way they choose to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, sure, would make the game more interesting to see the starters play but I guess I have to trust our coach/GM until they give us a reason not to.....still have not confirmed they wont at least get a series in game 3.

Seems unlikely. With this new preseason setup, Game 2 is the most likely game you would see your 1's play a little bit. 1 and 3 seem unlikely

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also heard Dalton started off with 4 straight 3 and outs so I wonder if the success he had later was against backups or backups to baclups? Not saying it was, but don't know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems unlikely. With this new preseason setup, Game 2 is the most likely game you would see your 1's play a little bit. 1 and 3 seem unlikely
doubt will see them in week 3, as well....but there are 2 weeks off after. Kind of need to trust the coaches unless you don't like that coach in which case most will complain no matter what he does...not saying you, but the critical fan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also heard Dalton started off with 4 straight 3 and outs so I wonder if the success he had later was against backups or backups to baclups? Not saying it was, but don't know.

I don’t know either, but 11-17 for 146 isn’t lighting it up.

I would guess a lot of short throws.

Fields did worse throwing it, but it also isn’t as lopsided as the completion percentage makes it seem because of the running

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know either, but 11-17 for 146 isn’t lighting it up.

I would guess a lot of short throws.

Fields did worse throwing it, but it also isn’t as lopsided as the completion percentage makes it seem because of the running
I mean it is 8+ yards/pass which is exceptional....though could have been a screen taken 50 yards. No doubt Dalton does not throw downfield a lot.

what did your guy say about the rookies (I'm sure you mentioned, but I don't recall).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it is 8+ yards/pass which is exceptional....though could have been a screen taken 50 yards. No doubt Dalton does not throw downfield a lot.

what did your guy say about the rookies (I'm sure you mentioned, but I don't recall).

Fields and Lance exceptional

Jones and Wilson solid to good.

Lawrence no data.

They all did well, but Fields is the 1 to bet on of the 4. Wouldn’t bet against any being at least moderately successful.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields and Lance exceptional

Jones and Wilson solid to good.

Lawrence no data.

They all did well, but Fields is the 1 to bet on of the 4. Wouldn’t bet against any being at least moderately successful.
Cannot say I saw Lance or wilson take more than a couple live snaps if any. Saw a lot of Fields, of course, but so hard to know as most often his opponent had far lesser players.

Rather they look good than not, but I wouldn't put much into 1-2 preseason games - good or bad.

Why no data on TL (again, you may have said)? Not trying to rip him, but curious if his evaluation comes only from combine type numbers and not actual games?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I saw Lance or wilson take more than a couple live snaps if any. Saw a lot of Fields, of course, but so hard to know as most often his opponent had far lesser players.

Rather they look good than not, but I wouldn't put much into 1-2 preseason games - good or bad.

Why no data on TL (again, you may have said)? Not trying to rip him, but curious if his evaluation comes only from combine type numbers and not actual games?

Can’t really answer that, sorry.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TL looked good last week in very limited action. But it was against a Browns D missing alotta starters. The rookie didn't have to deal with Garrett or Clowney. So his grade so far has to be an incomplete. Shocked touchdown Timmy did make the Jags as a back up-back up TE & emergency 4th string QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t really answer that, sorry.
No worries, but no games as part of the analysis makes it suspect, at best, as I would think you'd agree.......unless you misspoke before you removed that.

Like the kid so hope he's right on Fields.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL looked good last week in very limited action. But it was against a Browns D missing alotta starters. The rookie didn't have to deal with Garrett or Clowney. So his grade so far has to be an incomplete. Shocked touchdown Timmy did make the Jags as a back up-back up TE & emergency 4th string QB.
Seemed like he held the ball too long often but definitely had a few real nice throws.