• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s like a child going through their “but why” stage. He wins cause he wore me down. I don’t have the energy to play the same stupid incessant game.
If it was about winning and losing then I'd win because I can easily refute your baseless opinions with logic, facts and reason. In some cases you have kicked your own ass with your own comments. I could just sit back and watch.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying." "Irrational people don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense."

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fact that you’re a Fan Boy clearly hurts your feelings. I’m sorry that I struck a nerve.
Nothing here hurts my feelings. If it did I wouldn't be here. It makes me laugh when I have been willing to put down my own teams, their players, the conference they play in...hardly the definition of fanboy. OTOH, you cannot see that the BIG does appear to be the much stronger conference than the ACC and there is no evidence this wont continue. Could it change? As an objective fan I say sure it could.

You asked me about the BIG and Rutgers thinking I'd deflect like you will do when posed direct questions. Said I was not a fan at all of Rutgers being added to the BIG.

Curious...what is it that spooks you so much about direct questions? Would it help if you opened it up to a lifeline to get answers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Dude can go on page after page for days.

#Inb4..."I'm not posting to myself"

He doesn't seem to grasp the term "common denominator".
Wont get a disagreement from this dude as I can admit I'm guilty of that. But, yes, I've never gone page after page alone.

FYI, the "in before" lines are not often used when it is your own OP. Of course you are in. Pure comedy.

If you feel like helping him out and want to preach about how great the ACC is on the field or as a moneymaker compared to the BIG please do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol me and him are cool. if anything, he's definitely proven he's got stamina...
At least I know who I am and don't shy away, right? Some can go on for days and days and don't want to own who they are. They've even been known to resort to measures to save them from themselves.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because you join the Big 10 does not mean you are limited to recruiting the midwest- hasnt that been your whole point with OSU?

the school and the geographic location might hurt a southern recruit ---- a southern recruit might say--- i dont want to go north to play at a school like Notre Dame that is not what it used to be and in cold weather-- at least OSU can say they are one of the two-, if not the most consistent program in college football over the last 20 years.

but if anything- I think if you are a recruit youd rather go to the Big 10 then the ACC- overall you have a better chance of developing and being drafted- if thats what you want.
His line of "thinking" was kind of perplexing, to say the least.

One thing I'd say about OSU is - as of now - they've never had a long period where they just didn't matter at all since I've been a fan. All the top programs have at some point. Worst I can recall is the Cooper Era and even then there were some seasons where we stayed relevant until the eventual UM disaster.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His line of "thinking" was kind of perplexing, to say the least.

One thing I'd say about OSU is - as of now - they've never had a long period where they just didn't matter at all since I've been a fan. All the top programs have at some point. Worst I can recall is the Cooper Era and even then there were some seasons where we stayed relevant until the eventual UM disaster.

Fuckin' Jon 'the popper scooper' Cooper. :gaah: He's the reason Ohio-born Heisman winner Howard & Woodson ended up in ann arbor.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont get a disagreement from this dude as I can admit I'm guilty of that. But, yes, I've never gone page after page alone.

FYI, the "in before" lines are not often used when it is your own OP. Of course you are in. Pure comedy.

If you feel like helping him out and want to preach about how great the ACC is on the field or as a moneymaker compared to the BIG please do.

lol

Still can't grasp the term common denominator. If you need help, just ask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' Jon 'the popper scooper' Cooper. :gaah: He's the reason Ohio-born Heisman winner Howard & Woodson ended up in ann arbor.
And he was the coach when I was there. Yay me.

Just dropped The Boy off yesterday at OSU. I'd seen it a handful of times since I left, but still cannot believe how much different it looks....and, yes, he should get a far better football fan experience than his dad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Still can't grasp the term common denominator. If you need help, just ask.
Sure I can....but I've seen a number of long, back and forth threads in which I was not involved. Maybe I am involved in those in spirit?

Never mind you joined this one, it seems, solely to go back and forth and just like the person you think needs defending you also are avoiding the topic at hand and seem spooked by direct questions on said topic.

Probably a good call by you. Gonna go with the facepalm or irrelevant GIF/meme as your reply? Maybe a deflection along with an "lol" and some emojis?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can....but I've seen a number of long, back and forth threads in which I was not involved. Maybe I am involved in those in spirit?

Never mind you joined this one, it seems, solely to go back and forth and just like the person you think needs defending you also are avoiding the topic at hand and seem spooked by direct questions on said topic.

Probably a good call by you. Gonna go with the facepalm or irrelevant GIF/meme as your reply? Maybe a deflection along with an "lol" and some emojis?

Nope, I joined this thread because the level of delusion you've reached is comical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I joined this thread because the level of delusion you've reached is comical.
It is, eh? Please feel free to point where in reference to the discussion we were having...if you even know what it was. Hint - I did ask you a direct question earlier to get you back on track, but - shock of all shocks - you didn't answer.

And what are you contributing now? Going back and forth with me because you need saving from yourself it would seem? I'll help you out and wont reply to you anymore in this discussion unless you get back to the topic we were discussing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, eh? Please feel free to point where in reference to the discussion we were having...

Nope, they don't answer because they are irrational and irrational people do not like direct questions being posed to them....

^^^This one^^^

It will never stop being funny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics gave Robert Williams a 4 year $54m extension.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree we cannot be sure this will be the same moving forward, but you seem to want to assume it wont be and/or the BIG wont come up with something else to stay ahead of the ACC.

That's cool, though, as you are the real Fan Boy.
yah- i mean- the Big Ten still generates more revenue than the SEC---- and dwarfs the ACC.

I will give the ACC basketball all day- but they are a long way off from having the type of institutional success the Big Ten has had.

I am afraid that the new rules will only aid the Big Ten as well- we shall see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- i mean- the Big Ten still generates more revenue than the SEC---- and dwarfs the ACC.

I will give the ACC basketball all day- but they are a long way off from having the type of institutional success the Big Ten has had.

I am afraid that the new rules will only aid the Big Ten as well- we shall see.
Still talk of an alliance among BIG, PAC and ACC. Not even sure what this could be. What are they gonna do, freeze out the SEC in OOC games?