• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe people don’t answer your “direct” questions because they reveal a bias and a desire to deflect. You’re attempting to defeat the KNOWN demographics of college football that clearly shows that there are far more recruits in the South today than in the North. This is a major divergence from the norm some 50-60 years ago. You think that by pointing out the institutional failures in running the football programs at places like Miami and recently FSU that this is somehow evidence that the demographics I speak of don’t exist. It’s flawed reasoning to say the least. Why? Because you forget that the SEC competes in the same region for recruits. You also conveniently don’t point out that your own team no longer leans on Ohio recruiting the way they once did. In OSU’s 2022 class they have 7 commits from below the Mason Dixon line and 4 recruits from their home state. To your Wisconsin Iowa and NW point…some one has to be the tallest midget in the horrid Big Ten West. Additionally, Michigan St died when Dantonio retired. He had Sparty punching above their weight class. Projecting that going forward is questionable at best. I agree that OSU will be fine. They’d be fine in any conference in any situation. That doesn’t mean that the B10’s best days arebehind them.

Do you want to talk next about the foolish decision to add Rutgers and Maryland based on a business model that has quickly become foolish as cable and streaming has evolved before our eyes?

Would also add that as you closed your post you helped me evidence what I said last week. You’re a Fan Boi. You admit that the B10 no looka so good but does it really bother you? No. Cause your team will be just fine.
as far as Wisconsin- have to give them some credit

6-1 in their last 7 bowl games including wins against SEC, ACC, Pac 10 teams-- only loss was a 1 pointer to Oregon.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh Saw an interesting stat, no way am I comparing him to Dan Marino but for all the hate he gets he has been productive. I get he had a bad 2nd season but a ton of turnaround on this coaching staff.

“There’s two guys in the history of the NFL that within their first three seasons have thrown for 25 touchdowns, they’ve thrown for 11,000-plus yards and they’ve had a passer rating of 89 or more: Dan Marino and Baker Mayfield,”

Just goes to show you can find a stat to prove anything. Marino was also in the Super Bowl in his first season and threw 98 TDs to Baker's 75 those first 3 years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer wraps at Jimmy Johns are awesome @trojanfan12.

Wasn't aware of their size.....ordered 2 of the chicken ceasar wraps and ready for a nap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as someone who's "sampled" a New York winter, y'all can have that shit...

I have to knock on wood....the last few winters have seen the severe storms miss Rochester on either side for the most part. I've used the snow blower less than 5 times in 2 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might try the beefy ranch one later.

The only local Jimmy Johns are inconveniently located. If I'm out in those areas, maybe, but otherwise I'll go local for subs (typically DiBellas).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe people don’t answer your “direct” questions because they reveal a bias and a desire to deflect. You’re attempting to defeat the KNOWN demographics of college football that clearly shows that there are far more recruits in the South today than in the North. This is a major divergence from the norm some 50-60 years ago. You think that by pointing out the institutional failures in running the football programs at places like Miami and recently FSU that this is somehow evidence that the demographics I speak of don’t exist. It’s flawed reasoning to say the least. Why? Because you forget that the SEC competes in the same region for recruits. You also conveniently don’t point out that your own team no longer leans on Ohio recruiting the way they once did. In OSU’s 2022 class they have 7 commits from below the Mason Dixon line and 4 recruits from their home state. To your Wisconsin Iowa and NW point…some one has to be the tallest midget in the horrid Big Ten West. Additionally, Michigan St died when Dantonio retired. He had Sparty punching above their weight class. Projecting that going forward is questionable at best. I agree that OSU will be fine. They’d be fine in any conference in any situation. That doesn’t mean that the B10’s best days arebehind them.

Do you want to talk next about the foolish decision to add Rutgers and Maryland based on a business model that has quickly become foolish as cable and streaming has evolved before our eyes?

Would also add that as you closed your post you helped me evidence what I said last week. You’re a Fan Boi. You admit that the B10 no looka so good but does it really bother you? No. Cause your team will be just fine.
Nope, they don't answer because they are irrational and irrational people do not like direct questions being posed to them....

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying." "Irrational people don’t want to have conversations. They only want to talk. They don’t listen to anyone else and they sure don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense.

No disagreement there might be better recruits in the South, but for some reason Miami and FSU have gone from elite to afterthought while OSU remains on top and Wisconsin thrives, despite your opinions (which you probably think are fact). Anything factual to show teams in ACC not named Clemson are better than the tallest midgets in the BIG on a consistent basis?

As one who is not spooked by direct questions, sure, we can talk about Rutgers and Maryland. I never liked the add of Rutgers. I get it, as was solely for money/region but I don't like it. Maryland is OK, I guess, as they will have an occasional decent football season (kind of on Arkie level) but are a solid bball program.

As to your last comment it seems - again - that my previous comment should dispel this myth. In addition, I've been an OSU fan for quite a long time, even through the Cooper years. At that time, when we were good but nearly on the level we are now, I was still an OSU fan. Not a BIG fan. Sure, i might be inclined to refute baseless opinions about the BIG but if they are deserving of criticism I will administer it (as I would on the Rutgers inclusion and their calling off football way too early last year).

Most comical is the fanboy here seems to be you. For ND and for some reason the SEC and ACC.

Oh, the irony.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- its really hard for me to believe that since 2004- for the last 16 years-- the Hurricanes have 2 bowl wins- the MPC Computer bowl in 2006 and the Russell Athletic Bowl. While getting blanked by Louisiana Tech 14-0 in 2019.

Watching McGahee, Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Jonathan Vlma, Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor etc.... in what is one of the best college football games ever played against the Buckeyes sporting Clarett and Krenzel and Michael Jenkins , Chris Gamble, Mike Doss, Will Allen.....

Never would have guessed what would happen to that program in the next 2 decades.
Won the game, but I might still make the argument that Miami team might have been the best college team I've ever seen as far as amount of talent.........at least up to that time (not sure about since) you could make a case that was the most NFL talent on a college field that night.

Have to admit your comment about them having only 2 bowl wins in 17 seasons was a surprise. Knew it had gotten bad for them..but not that bad for so long.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh- part of that is the coaching philospohies though.

Tressell of course heavily recruited Ohio.

Urban was more of a nationwide guy. Day has kind of copied Urban.

While I think your general hypothesis is correct- you gotta remember "south of the mason dixon line" is a LOT bigger area than Ohio-

it would be interesting to see historical stats of where the top 300 prospects came from and see if there is statistical evidence - rather than just anecdotal evidence. I truly dont know if there is or isnt.
No doubt about that comment about total recruits here. If OSU has 4 recruits from OH and 7 from all states south of Mason Dixon that does not speak poorly for Ohio football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as Wisconsin- have to give them some credit

6-1 in their last 7 bowl games including wins against SEC, ACC, Pac 10 teams-- only loss was a 1 pointer to Oregon.
Nah...better @fightinfunbags spew baseless opinions than look at facts.

If you take away OSU, Bama, Okie, Clemson and ND, Wisconsin would be in the running for next best team over last decade or so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show you can find a stat to prove anything. Marino was also in the Super Bowl in his first season and threw 98 TDs to Baker's 75 those first 3 years.
OK? Baker also had Freddie and Hue coaching him 2 of those seasons. thinking Shula might be better than both.

That said, I can somewhat agree with your premise as it was a totally different game back then. The 5K yards he put up back then is pretty much the norm now for the top QBs.

Oops...as a so-called fanboy I guess I need to stop with those rational, objective comments I keep making.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK? Baker also had Freddie and Hue coaching him 2 of those seasons. thinking Shula might be better than both.

That said, I can somewhat agree with your premise as it was a totally different game back then. The 5K yards he put up back then is pretty much the norm now for the top QBs.

Oops...as a so-called fanboy I guess I need to stop with those rational, objective comments I keep making.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Only statement you needed was your second one. Trying to compare Baker to Marino is just laughable. Marino is arguably the best pure passer in NFL history (no doubt IMO).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So comparisons to Marino are valid?

yhst-68833199508611_2695_1132982281

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparisons to Marino are valid?

yhst-68833199508611_2695_1132982281
If we want to be fair, the six years before the Dolphins drafted Marino they had 8 wins or more and most of those were 10+ wins. So lets not compare Marino to Baker, it would be downplaying what Baker has done lol