• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, they don't answer because they are irrational and irrational people do not like direct questions being posed to them....

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying." "Irrational people don’t want to have conversations. They only want to talk. They don’t listen to anyone else and they sure don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense.

No disagreement there might be better recruits in the South, but for some reason Miami and FSU have gone from elite to afterthought while OSU remains on top and Wisconsin thrives, despite your opinions (which you probably think are fact). Anything factual to show teams in ACC not named Clemson are better than the tallest midgets in the BIG on a consistent basis?

As one who is not spooked by direct questions, sure, we can talk about Rutgers and Maryland. I never liked the add of Rutgers. I get it, as was solely for money/region but I don't like it. Maryland is OK, I guess, as they will have an occasional decent football season (kind of on Arkie level) but are a solid bball program.

As to your last comment it seems - again - that my previous comment should dispel this myth. In addition, I've been an OSU fan for quite a long time, even through the Cooper years. At that time, when we were good but nearly on the level we are now, I was still an OSU fan. Not a BIG fan. Sure, i might be inclined to refute baseless opinions about the BIG but if they are deserving of criticism I will administer it (as I would on the Rutgers inclusion and their calling off football way too early last year).

Most comical is the fanboy here seems to be you. For ND and for some reason the SEC and ACC.

Oh, the irony.
So you can clearly see why ND would not want to assign themselves to a dying region for recruiting when there is a net neutral between the quality of play in the Big Ten West and the ACC. I’m no ACC fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can clearly see why ND would not want to assign themselves to a dying region for recruiting when there is a net neutral between the quality of play in the Big Ten West and the ACC. I’m no ACC fan.
If i was worried about basketball I would prob. want to be in the ACC---- but football its not even a question- everything- recruiting, money, exposure is better in the Big Ten.

Michigan has pretty much sucked lately and still has a large national platform

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Only statement you needed was your second one. Trying to compare Baker to Marino is just laughable. Marino is arguably the best pure passer in NFL history (no doubt IMO).
Awesome....but I only replied to the person who showed the info comparing Baker to Marino.

Try to keep up, and if you are struggling ask for help.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are aware but ND will remain in South Bend (and that region) no matter what conference they join or if they remain independent. Clearly, being in a so-called better region has not helped out Miami, FSU or any other ACC program other than Clemson. And, who in the SEC has had consistent success other than Bama and UGA?

What I can see is you ignored all the facts that were used to refute your opinions and would not answer direct questions. Not surprised as that is what the irrational are wont to do. You gotta be you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i was worried about basketball I would prob. want to be in the ACC---- but football its not even a question- everything- recruiting, money, exposure is better in the Big Ten.

I mean could argue at the very least the BIG has caught the ACC in basketball.

While I am not bothered by it at all, it is surprising how UM has fallen off the map. Actually thought they might have succeeded with Rich Rod and then Harbaugh.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not so sure that will be the case going forward. The B10’s model for the Big Ten Network is already outdated as cable is rapidly changing. The bundling that presented guaranteed TVs to the B10 network is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are aware but ND will remain in South Bend (and that region) no matter what conference they join or if they remain independent. Clearly, being in a so-called better region has not helped out Miami, FSU or any other ACC program other than Clemson. And, who in the SEC has had consistent success other than Bama and UGA?

What I can see is you ignored all the facts that were used to refute your opinions and would not answer direct questions. Not surprised as that is what the irrational are wont to do. You gotta be you.
You haven’t refuted anything about my point. My point is that there is no benefit to ND joining the B10. ND is in S Bend and Indiana is a poor state for D1 football recruits. They have to recruit nationally. Therefore, tying themselves down further in a region that is diminished is foolish. It’s much more advantageous to walk into a family’s home and be able to provide evidence of games over 4 years where they can drive to watch their son play. Your whole “evidence” reveals a flaw in your thinking. This isn’t a decision made for a moment. You’re projecting the strength of a program being unconditional. That’s not the way this should be evaluated at all. There’s no advantage for ND to play a schedule that has them in Illinois Wisconsin Nebraska and Iowa. That’s not where the talent comes from.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure that will be the case going forward. The B10’s model for the Big Ten Network is already outdated as cable is rapidly changing. The bundling that presented guaranteed TVs to the B10 network is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Total Revenue​

• Big Ten: $768.9 million
  • SEC: $728.9 million
  • Pac-12: $533.8 million
  • ACC: $496.7 million
  • Big 12: $409.2 million

Football Revenue in 2020

ACC has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan actually made the most in the Big 10- followed of course by OSU

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven’t refuted anything about my point. My point is that there is no benefit to ND joining the B10. ND is in S Bend and Indiana is a poor state for D1 football recruits. They have to recruit nationally. Therefore, tying themselves down further in a region that is diminished is foolish. It’s much more advantageous to walk into a family’s home and be able to provide evidence of games over 4 years where they can drive to watch their son play. Your whole “evidence” reveals a flaw in your thinking. This isn’t a decision made for a moment. You’re projecting the strength of a program being unconditional. That’s not the way this should be evaluated at all. There’s no advantage for ND to play a schedule that has them in Illinois Wisconsin Nebraska and Iowa. That’s not where the talent comes from.
just because you join the Big 10 does not mean you are limited to recruiting the midwest- hasnt that been your whole point with OSU?

the school and the geographic location might hurt a southern recruit ---- a southern recruit might say--- i dont want to go north to play at a school like Notre Dame that is not what it used to be and in cold weather-- at least OSU can say they are one of the two-, if not the most consistent program in college football over the last 20 years.

but if anything- I think if you are a recruit youd rather go to the Big 10 then the ACC- overall you have a better chance of developing and being drafted- if thats what you want.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, they don't answer because they are irrational and irrational people do not like direct questions being posed to them....

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree we cannot be sure this will be the same moving forward, but you seem to want to assume it wont be and/or the BIG wont come up with something else to stay ahead of the ACC.

That's cool, though, as you are the real Fan Boy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree we cannot be sure this will be the same moving forward, but you seem to want to assume it wont be and/or the BIG wont come up with something else to stay ahead of the ACC.

That's cool, though, as you are the real Fan Boy.
That fact that you’re a Fan Boy clearly hurts your feelings. I’m sorry that I struck a nerve.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s like a child going through their “but why” stage. He wins cause he wore me down. I don’t have the energy to play the same stupid incessant game.

lol

Dude can go on page after page for days.

#Inb4..."I'm not posting to myself"

He doesn't seem to grasp the term "common denominator".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really should not be a surprise that the Big Ten generates more revenue than the SEC either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying." "Irrational people don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense."