• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

Oh holy shit. That might be the funniest thing he ever said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are staying pretty matter of factory which teams you expect to be good.

Pretty easy to conclude the teams not mentioned aren’t good in your mind since you listed so many.

My guess is there will be a couple surprises in the NFC this year for sure.
I am sure there will be some surprises in the NFC

that does not change the fact that the AFC is more talented and deeper, with more high level teams and better mid level teams.

I mean the weakest division in the AFC is probably the East- and that has the Dolphins and the Patriots- both of whom are pretty good.

Then you look at the NFC- where the South, North, and East are all pretty mediocre.

the AFC will beat up on eachother but will have a pretty big advantage in inter-conference record I assure you.

The AFC is just more talented and deeper.

just the QB play alone in the AFC is so much better.

I would rank the NFC QB's as:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson

4. Stafford
5. Dak
6. Murray

7. Ryan
8. Cousins
9. Garrapolo

and then it starts to get shaky.

10. Justin Fields?
11. Daniel Jones?
12. Sam Darnold?
13. JAmeis Winston?
14. Hurts?
15. Goff?
16. Fitzspatrick?

ick.......

AFC:

1. Mahomes
2. Lamar
3. Watson
4. Allen

5. TAnnehill
6. Baker
7. Herbert
8. Carr
9. Burrows
10. Ben

more young guys like

11. Lawrence
12. Wilson
13. Jones
14. Tua
15. WEntz
only craptastic starter is
16. Lock

The gap is only going to get bigger based on where things are now with the ages of Brady, Rodgers and Stafford and the much better young talent at QB in the AFC- holy shit- you got Burrows, Herbert and Lawrence, maybe Wilson, coming up right now in the AFC- not too mention the SLIGHTLY older tier of Allen, Lamar, Baker. Put that up against Murray, Fields, and Lance.......LANDSLIDE. The only old guy in the AFC is basically Ben

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if early rumors are true and Watson goes to Miami, and Rodgers goes to the Broncos or Steelers its going to get even more lopsided. ITll be a freaking blood bath- especially with development by Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence, Wilson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t bet because I don’t believe that.

But you just wrote off half the league.

History tells us that there are always a couple teams who rise up unexpectedly and are a lot better than projected in August.
Can agree with this (don't remember his teams listed so not sure he wrote off half the league)....but I do think he's right the AFC sure looks like they will be better than the NFC this year. I mean, it's possible the teams he wrote off in the AFC will surprise, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, they are. They’d get lumped into the shitty west which is Wisconsin and 6 midgets. There’s no appeal there at all. You really don’t have to worry because as you pointed out, ND has turned down the B10 three times (that we know of) since the late 90s. At one time ND wanted to be a part of the B10 but Fielding Yost is a bigot that black balled Catholic ND. Ironically, his bigotry helped to create ND as a national brand. It forced them to take their team across the country creating the subway alumni that made them a national entity. I’m glad ND isn’t locked into the Midwest. It’s dying. Chicagoland used to be a great area to recruit. No longer the case. Even Ohio is seeing a diminishing of D1 talent relative to what they used to produce. Also, the B10 is an amalgamation of state funded diploma mills. Small private ND doesn’t fit with that group. If ND joins a conference it will be the ACC or some super conference that doesn’t even exist yet. I’m very pleased that ND is not locked into anything with the B 10. They don’t need the Rutgers, Iowa’s, Northwesterns, Purdue’s, etc…of the world ride the coattails of the brand they created so they can continue to steal money with little real commitment to being good and a player in college football. You don’t have to worry about ND joining your conference, bro. And yes…they know they’re better than signing up for a situation where they have to negotiate alongside OSU Mich and PsU while being weighed down by abject shit that overflows in the B 10.
You are worried ND wouldn't want to join the BIG West because of talent level but would join the ACC? I mean, they might, but it wont be because they wanted to be around better competition. Iowa and NW are better than most of the ACC teams not named Clemson FYI.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh Saw an interesting stat, no way am I comparing him to Dan Marino but for all the hate he gets he has been productive. I get he had a bad 2nd season but a ton of turnaround on this coaching staff.

“There’s two guys in the history of the NFL that within their first three seasons have thrown for 25 touchdowns, they’ve thrown for 11,000-plus yards and they’ve had a passer rating of 89 or more: Dan Marino and Baker Mayfield,”

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's shitty idea was it to add a week to the NFL season but push back the start

Like...no we don't want more good weather football give us ice cold January please

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are worried ND wouldn't want to join the BIG West because of talent level but would join the ACC? I mean, they might, but it wont be because they wanted to be around better competition. Iowa and NW are better than most of the ACC teams not named Clemson FYI.
I’m not really “worried” at all. I presented a number of factors and you focused on one. There are multiple levels of bad going on here. I agree that the ACC has a good number of coattail riders like the B10. But they’re located in Georgia, Florida and the Carolinas which is fertile recruiting territory. Those programs I mentioned are the same coattail riders but are located in areas that are dead for HS football recruiting and that condition won’t be changing. I’m not “worried” about ND joining the B10 because it isn’t happening. The B10 is selling OSU and 13 abacuses. Not interested.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh Saw an interesting stat, no way am I comparing him to Dan Marino but for all the hate he gets he has been productive. I get he had a bad 2nd season but a ton of turnaround on this coaching staff.

“There’s two guys in the history of the NFL that within their first three seasons have thrown for 25 touchdowns, they’ve thrown for 11,000-plus yards and they’ve had a passer rating of 89 or more: Dan Marino and Baker Mayfield,”
as you mention, way too early to say he can be Marino but does seem like the Freddie Fiasco can be overlooked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's shitty idea was it to add a week to the NFL season but push back the start

Like...no we don't want more good weather football give us ice cold January please
was the start pushed back? It's week after Labor Day like always (or how it's been for a while) isn't it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not really “worried” at all. I presented a number of factors and you focused on one. There are multiple levels of bad going on here. I agree that the ACC has a good number of coattail riders like the B10. But they’re located in Georgia, Florida and the Carolinas which is fertile recruiting territory. Those programs I mentioned are the same coattail riders but are located in areas that are dead for HS football recruiting and that condition won’t be changing. I’m not “worried” about ND joining the B10 because it isn’t happening. The B10 is selling OSU and 13 abacuses. Not interested.
Anything you can support with facts? Never mind something tells me you wont be consulted no matter where ND moves or does not move.

You were the one who seemed fine with the ACC which is even more about 1 team and little else. Such fertile recruiting ground to be as bad as they are, no? when's the last time FSU or Miami really mattered? A Carolina? Wisconsin - yes, Wisconsin - has probably lapped all of them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh @Shanemansj13

It's been 16 years since meeeechegan won the BigTen. That's 3 years before the 1st i-phone was released and same year facebook started.

:laugh3:

:harbaugh:

O-H-I-O...GO BUCKEYES!!! (and fuck meeechegan)
they had a cool marching band back when i was still in college lol...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything you can support with facts? Never mind something tells me you wont be consulted no matter where ND moves or does not move.

You were the one who seemed fine with the ACC which is even more about 1 team and little else. Such fertile recruiting ground to be as bad as they are, no? when's the last time FSU or Miami really mattered? A Carolina? Wisconsin - yes, Wisconsin - has probably lapped all of them.
Fact: Fielding Yost was a bigot
Fact: That bigotry created ND the National brand
Fact: ND doesn’t need to attach itself to any conference to pay their bills
Fact: The Rust Belt is dead
Fact: the South grows and the disparity between the quality of HS football in the South vs the Midwest grows each decade
Fact: Notre Dame won’t be joining the Big Ten