• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division (AFC North) plays the NFC North.
oh good-

get the Lions and Vikings and Bears.....Vikes arent bad- but its a lot better than playing the West which might be the best division in football if the 49ers get it going and the Cards improve.

Then again the AFC North very well might be the best division in football with the RAvens, Browns and STeelers and a much improving Bengals squad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans could hang with anyone in the NFC- id give the edge to the Rams and Bucs but not by a humongous margin.
Have to assume Bucs can pick up where they left up but not sure a lock like many seem to think. They did not roll through reg. season and struggled to make playoffs if memory serves. No doubt got hot when it mattered.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the NFC West is a very good conference.

The NFC East and South both kinda suck overall. The NFC North is not great either.

The AFC North or the NFC West are the best conferences in football i'd say. I think they play eachother this year too if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, you can’t make assumptions like that in the NFL. Fortunes change drastically from year to year.

Teams often don’t match up to what they looked like on paper in August.

There are only a very small number of teams that you can lock in to a playoff spot, and even they are a key injury or two away from having a season derailed early.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would easily take the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Ravens, Titans over the Bucs, Packers, Rams, Seahawks, 49'ers.

After that- the Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Chargers vs. the Cowboys, Cardinals, Saints, Vikings, Bears ? Easily the AFC.
The NFC top contenders consists of the older, "aging" top QB's, still contending teams but not as young and built for the future except the 49ers. Saints were in that category last year but now I see them as a lower tier rebuilding team without a QB. A lot of young teams in the AFC but I still feel some of those top contenders in the NFC could beat just about anyone bc of Brady, Rodgers and Wilson. All top 5 QB's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can’t make assumptions like that in the NFL. Fortunes change drastically from year to year.

There are only a very small number of teams that you can lock in to a playoff spot, and even they are a key injury or two away from having a season derailed early.
Ill bet you head to head the AFC is better than the NFC.

The AFC is significantly better

try and say its not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame is never going to the B10. Additionally, a 12 team playoff provides an easier pathway to the playoffs for them than what they currently have. Also, how do you “force” them to join a conference?

I don't want N.D. in the BigTen. They've had their chances to join in the past. But they think they're too good for the conference. Fuck 'em.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is fair.....as of now I'd agree with his assumptions but no doubt the season could be far different for some teams than expected.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its a lot better than playing the West which might be the best division in football if the 49ers get it going and the Cards improve.

Then again the AFC North very well might be the best division in football with the RAvens, Browns and STeelers and a much improving Bengals squad.

Yeah, there could be teams in each of those divisions who don't make the playoffs that are better than some who do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill bet you head to head the AFC is better than the NFC.

The AFC is significantly better

try and say its not.

I won’t bet because I don’t believe that.

But you just wrote off half the league.

History tells us that there are always a couple teams who rise up unexpectedly and are a lot better than projected in August.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want N.D. in the BigTen. They've had their chances to join in the past. But they think they're too good for the conference. Fuck 'em.
Quite honestly, they are. They’d get lumped into the shitty west which is Wisconsin and 6 midgets. There’s no appeal there at all. You really don’t have to worry because as you pointed out, ND has turned down the B10 three times (that we know of) since the late 90s. At one time ND wanted to be a part of the B10 but Fielding Yost is a bigot that black balled Catholic ND. Ironically, his bigotry helped to create ND as a national brand. It forced them to take their team across the country creating the subway alumni that made them a national entity. I’m glad ND isn’t locked into the Midwest. It’s dying. Chicagoland used to be a great area to recruit. No longer the case. Even Ohio is seeing a diminishing of D1 talent relative to what they used to produce. Also, the B10 is an amalgamation of state funded diploma mills. Small private ND doesn’t fit with that group. If ND joins a conference it will be the ACC or some super conference that doesn’t even exist yet. I’m very pleased that ND is not locked into anything with the B 10. They don’t need the Rutgers, Iowa’s, Northwesterns, Purdue’s, etc…of the world ride the coattails of the brand they created so they can continue to steal money with little real commitment to being good and a player in college football. You don’t have to worry about ND joining your conference, bro. And yes…they know they’re better than signing up for a situation where they have to negotiate alongside OSU Mich and PsU while being weighed down by abject shit that overflows in the B 10.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t bet because I don’t believe that.

But you just wrote off half the league.

History tells us that there are always a couple teams who rise up unexpectedly and are a lot better than projected in August.
wrote off half the league?

i just said the Rams, Packers, Bucs were really good- and that the Seahawks, 49ers were good too- and there were some other decent or could be solid teams

that doesnt change the fact that overall the AFC is much deeper and better.

Honestly sometimes I have no clue how you can say something like "written off half the league" coming from the post I wrote. It really astounds me sometimes. Critical reading is dead apparently- though as an attorney I guess I hold a higher standard of reading for actual nuance and comprehension.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
though as an attorney I guess I hold a higher standard of reading for actual nuance and comprehension.

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, they are. They’d get lumped into the shitty west which is Wisconsin and 6 midgets. There’s no appeal there at all. You really don’t have to worry because as you pointed out, ND has turned down the B10 three times (that we know of) since the late 90s. At one time ND wanted to be a part of the B10 but Fielding Yost is a bigot that black balled Catholic ND. Ironically, his bigotry helped to create ND as a national brand. It forced them to take their team across the country creating the subway alumni that made them a national entity. I’m glad ND isn’t locked into the Midwest. It’s dying. Chicagoland used to be a great area to recruit. No longer the case. Even Ohio is seeing a diminishing of D1 talent relative to what they used to produce. Also, the B10 is an amalgamation of state funded diploma mills. Small private ND doesn’t fit with that group. If ND joins a conference it will be the ACC or some super conference that doesn’t even exist yet. I’m very pleased that ND is not locked into anything with the B 10. They don’t need the Rutgers, Iowa’s, Northwesterns, Purdue’s, etc…of the world ride the coattails of the brand they created so they can continue to steal money with little real commitment to being good and a player in college football. You don’t have to worry about ND joining your conference, bro. And yes…they know they’re better than signing up for a situation where they have to negotiate alongside OSU Mich and PsU while being weighed down by abject shit that overflows in the B 10.
Ill tell ya- as big as Ohio State is its very hard to get into nowadays. Of course Michigan, Northwestern are academically the cream of the crop. Purdue is an excellent engineering school that is very hard to get into. Penn State is a very good school. Big 10 has really strong academics overall.

if you want to look for diploma mills look no farther than the SEC or the majority of the ACC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell ya- as big as Ohio State is its very hard to get into nowadays. Of course Michigan, Northwestern are academically the cream of the crop. Purdue is an excellent engineering school that is very hard to get into. Penn State is a very good school. Big 10 has really strong academics overall.

if you want to look for diploma mills look no farther than the SEC or the majority of the ACC.
Nah, schools with populations of 20-30-40k in their university system are diploma mills.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrote off half the league?

i just said the Rams, Packers, Bucs were really good- and that the Seahawks, 49ers were good too- and there were some other decent or could be solid teams

that doesnt change the fact that overall the AFC is much deeper and better.

Honestly sometimes I have no clue how you can say something like "written off half the league" coming from the post I wrote. It really astounds me sometimes. Critical reading is dead apparently- though as an attorney I guess I hold a higher standard of reading for actual nuance and comprehension.

You are staying pretty matter of factory which teams you expect to be good.

Pretty easy to conclude the teams not mentioned aren’t good in your mind since you listed so many.

My guess is there will be a couple surprises in the NFC this year for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS.

Some top notch schools in the ACC.

5 ranked in the top 30 by US News.