• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you. Lower sugar has definitely helped me a lot. Used to eat dessert every night. Now I limit to 3 nights a week.....and when I do eat dessert I do not get cheated at all (big piece of cake, ice cream, cookies, etc). I do try to keep the sugar low the other 4 days.

don't really purposely do this but kind of fasting, as well. I just don't eat from 9-10 at night until noon the next day (other than coffee). Suppose I could start and end earlier but not eating until noon has not been difficult.

I was eating terribly until recently. Far too much fast food, snacking late night, etc. I've cut out sweets (other than some no sugar added ice cream occasionally), cut back fast food to only occasional breakfast on the way to work, etc. Now I have to work on drinking more water and curbing more of the snacking (have cut back quite a bit already). For whatever reason, I don't get that thirsty, so I have to remind myself all the time. Lots of cooking on the grill for dinners and weekends (but nothing elaborate, lol).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFL talk? a ways away from draft and picking 9th in 10 team league. 1/2 pt. PPR league. Done a few mocks and definitely seems like there are more quality WRs later than RBs so plan is likely to start RB/RB (or RB and Kelce). Hoping for 2 among Taylor, Jones, Barkley or Chubb.

Could be a reach there, but also like Ekeler, CEH, Dobbins and Harris

I almost always start RB/RB due to scarcity of heavy workload backs. My next draft is a keeper league picking 6th of 16 (most teams keep 3 offensive players (2 drafted as rookies, plus 1) and 2 IDP (1 drafted as a rookie, plus 1)), so I need to start looking at who is available in the player pool (looking like Josh Allen and the rookies likely for early 1st round). Trying to rebuild on the fly, since many of my long time keepers aged out over the past year or two. Current keepers are RBs Swift and Singletary, TE Waller and LB Leonard.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was eating terribly until recently. Far too much fast food, snacking late night, etc. I've cut out sweets (other than some no sugar added ice cream occasionally), cut back fast food to only occasional breakfast on the way to work, etc. Now I have to work on drinking more water and curbing more of the snacking (have cut back quite a bit already). For whatever reason, I don't get that thirsty, so I have to remind myself all the time. Lots of cooking on the grill for dinners and weekends (but nothing elaborate, lol).
Have a feeling cutting out the fast food (or way down) and sweet drinks (if you drink them) alone will make a world of difference and allow you to still binge on sweets occasionally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost always start RB/RB due to scarcity of heavy workload backs. My next draft is a keeper league picking 6th of 16 (most teams keep 3 offensive players (2 drafted as rookies, plus 1) and 2 IDP (1 drafted as a rookie, plus 1)), so I need to start looking at who is available in the player pool (looking like Josh Allen and the rookies likely for early 1st round). Trying to rebuild on the fly, since many of my long time keepers aged out over the past year or two. Current keepers are RBs Swift and Singletary, TE Waller and LB Leonard.
we've always stayed away from a true keeper league (you can keep your previous 6th round pick only).

Have considered going Kelce/RB but no way will take a WR or QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling cutting out the fast food (or way down) and sweet drinks (if you drink them) alone will make a world of difference and allow you to still binge on sweets occasionally.

I've been experiencing weird reactions to carbs lately, so I've dumped sweets almost entirely. Still drinking diet soda, can't get away from that one. Tried one of the stevia sodas, but all I could taste was the sweetener, overpowering and way too sweet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been experiencing weird reactions to carbs lately, so I've dumped sweets almost entirely. Still drinking diet soda, can't get away from that one. Tried one of the stevia sodas, but all I could taste was the sweetener, overpowering and way too sweet.
Russell Stovers sugar free candy is pretty good, no weird after taste.....at least to me.

And I love Mountain Dew Zero. Drinking a lot more water too. Along with beer, LOL. Had to cut way back on the Twisted Teas......those are loaded with sugar. Treat myself to a few on cheat days a few times a month.

Just creamer in my cofffee, not sugar and creamer.....little things can add up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Stovers sugar free candy is pretty good, no weird after taste.....at least to me.

And I love Mountain Dew Zero. Drinking a lot more water too. Along with beer, LOL. Had to cut way back on the Twisted Teas......those are loaded with sugar. Treat myself to a few on cheat days a few times a month.

Not really much of a candy person. Bigger issue for me is cookies, bagels, donuts, breads, etc...

Hopefully I'll get some clarification at my next doctor's appointment. Not finding any answers online for my carb issue other than maybe related dehydration.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really much of a candy person. Bigger issue for me is cookies, bagels, donuts, breads, etc...

Hopefully I'll get some clarification at my next doctor's appointment. Not finding any answers online for my carb issue other than maybe related dehydration.
I like ice cream and candy.....LOL.

Be 50 in November, not diabetic but at my last Doctor appointment they said keep an eye on your sugar intake.....blood sugar was borderline or so.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell in love with Twisted Teas when I moved to MT.....would drink 2 or 3 of those 24oz'ers.....3-4 times a week.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ice cream and candy.....LOL.

Be 50 in November, not diabetic but at my last Doctor appointment they said keep an eye on your sugar intake.....blood sugar was borderline or so.

Yeah, I'm 51 and pre-diabetic, trying to get away from that threshold...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the artificial sweeteners....I just cut out sugar in coffee and go with Coffee mate French vanilla with sugar. The ones with no sugar are nasty. Cutting out sugar in other areas like I mentioned.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still put sugar and creamer in my coffee. Can't change. Might as well be a milkshake.

Love dark chocolate and have had the zero sugar special dark...they are pretty good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the artificial sweeteners....I just cut out sugar in coffee and go with Coffee mate French vanilla with sugar. The ones with no sugar are nasty. Cutting out sugar in other areas like I mentioned.

Cream and sugar in coffee?

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell in love with Twisted Teas when I moved to MT.....would drink 2 or 3 of those 24oz'ers.....3-4 times a week.

Those got alcohol in them? I'd look the info up but I'm too busy looking for my sobriety at the moment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it. :heh:

Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports

Holy shit many I'm baked. Not shit-faced drunk. Someone needs to invent a 100% natural weed-based product that don't cause cottonmouth. I even get that problem with my keef cola's.