• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted that last night in the NBA thread.
We were tied up doing St Patrick’s Day stuff. I’m moving slowly today. I didn’t really get fucked up or anything but shouldn’t have mixed the Jameson shots with the Guinness. My rate of recovery isn’t what it used to be. Wifey is worse and she has to go to a shower today. Sucks to be her. I missed FDU over Purdue, Sixers game, etc…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never saw that show but remember @Mecca saying she did.
It is my all time favorite series. It’s up there with Breaking Bad for me. The Wire has great characters and it does a deep dive in using fictional characters to offer up an explanation as to what has plagued the modern big city in the US. Very compelling drama. You can catch all episodes on HBO’s streaming service.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my all time favorite series. It’s up there with Breaking Bad for me. The Wire has great characters and it does a deep dive in using fictional characters to offer up an explanation as to what has plagued the modern big city in the US. Very compelling drama. You can catch all episodes on HBO’s streaming service.

The most recent one they did on Baltimore was good as well. It's a true story though. But Jon Bernthal was great as always in it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Breaking Bad.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were tied up doing St Patrick’s Day stuff. I’m moving slowly today. I didn’t really get fucked up or anything but shouldn’t have mixed the Jameson shots with the Guinness. My rate of recovery isn’t what it used to be. Wifey is worse and she has to go to a shower today. Sucks to be her. I missed FDU over Purdue, Sixers game, etc…
That FDU game was wild.

Painter needs to go. Go to a smaller school with less expectations but they have been bounced 3 years in a row by lesser teams. Unreal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most recent one they did on Baltimore was good as well. It's a true story though. But Jon Bernthal was great as always in it.
Yep. We Own This City. It was a real life presentation of what happens in a city when the community and the people that police them are at odds and suffer from distrust of each other. That was one of the themes from the Wire. The only chance police and the community have is they work together with mutual dignity and respect.

This was one of my favorite scenes in establishing that theme. Nothing in this world as powerful as good art done well. You can craft anything you want. What people do with that chance is the difference between good and great.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Painter is a good coach but he needs to go. 3 straight seasons where a 13, 15 and 16 seed knocks them out.

SMH.

No way.

The fact that he earned 4, 2 and 1 seeds is more indicative of his coaching ability than losing a 1 game playoff.

The NCAA tournament is awesome.

But contending for your league title year in and year out is more sustainable than success in the tournament. That is what coaches should be judged on.

Tournament play is a bonus.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

The fact that he earned 4, 2 and 1 seeds is more indicative of his coaching ability than losing a 1 game playoff.

The NCAA tournament is awesome.

But contending for your league title year in and year out is more sustainable than success in the tournament. That is what coaches should be judged on.

Tournament play is a bonus.
FDU won 4 games last season.

Losing 3 years in a row to lesser teams is a sign of bad coaching.....not having your team prepared.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We Own This City. It was a real life presentation of what happens in a city when the community and the people that police them are at odds and suffer from distrust of each other. That was one of the themes from the Wire. The only chance police and the community have is they work together with mutual dignity and respect.

This was one of my favorite scenes in establishing that theme. Nothing in this world as powerful as good art done well. You can craft anything you want. What people do with that chance is the difference between good and great.

Absolutely. You all gonna fuck around and make me watch this again lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet 16 and elite 8 appearance in 2 of his last 4 tourney appearances

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FDU won 4 games last season.

Losing 3 years in a row to lesser teams is a sign of bad coaching.....not having your team prepared.

What FDU did last season has zero bearing on this season. They got a lot of new guys.

If you fire him it means you think you can replace him with someone better.

Good luck with that.

Had Purdue lost 4-5 more games each year and earned a middle seed before losing in the 1st round, you wouldn’t be calling for Painter’s job.

That is backwards logic. Just like the people who try to claim an NBA Finals loss is a stain.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see a mid-major win it all. That hasn't happened since 1990.