• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self, check the weather before betting the over

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can agree to disagree. I’m taking on the role of head coach with my opinion. I think that’s one teammate helping another teammate in making a poor decision when he has a chance to be proactive and remove him from the situation. My player goes the opposite way and helps a bad decision get made. That’s just me. Your stance on legal stuff would have me go to the AD and say it’s better that we don’t take away his scholarship. He is likely to leave when he is dismissed from the team anyway and he goes to the draft but I protect my institution from suit by lobbying that they don’t remove his scholarship or expel him from school. There’s enough here for me (in the mindset of preaching that it’s a privilege to play here and that needs to be respected at all times) to send everyone involved away. I might be the type of coach to leave meat on the bone running my program this way but I’d be able to put my head on the pillow. As a college coach, job 1 is to help develop good citizens and accountability in my eyes. I hope we don’t lose that in sports. We may already have.

Again, what evidence is there that Miller knew a crime was going to committed?

Assuming he didn't know...you still haven't said what he did wrong that he should be suspended.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the time to cancel games has long passed. I wouldnt look at it as punishing the whole team either, I would look at it as making sure the focus is where it needs to be for a bit.

Just because that's how you'd see it, doesn't mean the players would. They're more likely to see it as punishment.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what evidence is there that Miller knew a crime was going to committed?

Assuming he didn't know...you still haven't said what he did wrong that he should be suspended.
Can we agree that most stories that begin with hey can you go and get me my gun among 18-21 year olds isn’t going to end well in most situations? That’s a bad decision. I accept I’m the minority opinion here and I respect your point of view.

To answer your question, there is zero evidence that Miller knew a crime would be committed. That hasn’t entered my calculus.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. It sucks that someone died, but the kid shouldn't be suspended unless and until he is at least charged with something.

What?

People get suspended all the time for non-criminal actions.

Since when have criminal charges been the bar warranting a suspension?

Cheating on a calculus midterm isn’t going to land someone in jail, but it sure will get them kicked out of a lot of schools.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we agree that most stories that begin with hey can you go and get me my gun among 18-21 year olds isn’t going to end well in most situations? That’s a bad decision. I accept I’m the minority opinion here and I respect your point of view.

To answer your question, there is zero evidence that Miller knew a crime would be committed. That hasn’t entered my calculus.

I'd agree to a point. But I disagree with most. I know and have known plenty of 18-21 year olds who I would trust implicitly.

Maybe whether or not he knew should enter your calculus since you're thinking he should be suspended when there's no evidence he did anything wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

People get suspended all the time for non-criminal actions.

Since when have criminal charges been the bar warranting a suspension?

Cheating on a calculus midterm isn’t going to land someone in jail, but it sure will get them kicked out of a lot of schools.

It doesn't appear that he committed any non-criminal offense either. Those suspensions happen if there is a non-criminal violation of rules.

An adult asked another adult to bring him a gun that he owned and that adult brought it to him.

Unless there is evidence that he was more involved or that the NCAA and/or Alabama has a rule against it, then he's done nothing to get suspended for.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that he committed any non-criminal offense either. Those suspensions happen if there is a non-criminal violation of rules.

An adult asked another adult to bring him a gun that he owned and that adult brought it to him.

Unless there is evidence that he was more involved or that the NCAA and/or Alabama has a rule against it, then he's done nothing to get suspended for.
You think they were in the gun club?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

He didn't present a legitimate, legal reason to suspend him either. He just speculates and makes assumptions based on him deciding that he doesn't believe Miller didn't know.

Even the "general state law" that he tried to say could have been used to charge Miller as an accessory would require evidence that Miller knew.

Got to love that some sportswriter thinks he knows more than the cops who investigated and the chief assistant district attorney.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

He didn't present a legitimate, legal reason to suspend him either. He just speculates and makes assumptions based on him deciding that he doesn't believe Miller didn't know.

Even the "general state law" that he tried to say could have been used to charge Miller as an accessory would require evidence that Miller knew.

Got to love that some sportswriter thinks he knows more than the cops who investigated and the chief assistant district attorney.
Well he’s not the only one. Just saying a LOT of programs would have handled it much differently.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would Alabama if they were not the best team in the country
Not so sure about that, anything goes in most of the SEC. They aren’t good enough to win, OU trounced them by 30 after all this went down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cocaine Bear is false advertising. It's not close to the absurd off the wall not taking it serious comedy the promotion for the movie make it out to be. There's comedy in there and some wink winks, but its much more grounded and straight forward than you'd expect going in. I still ended up liking it but it was not what I was expecting at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I honestly have not followed this story at all.

Just saying, the fact that charges haven’t been filed against him doesn’t mean that he did nothing wrong.

Being part of a group of people in which one commits a serious crime like murder is going to get most people booted off campus.

If that is you or me instead of Brandon Miller, we are gone.

Fair or not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would Alabama if they were not the best team in the country
Or if Miller wasn’t the best player on one of the best teams fighting to go top 5 in the NBA draft..if he was anything less and Bama was average like usual he would he off campus. Not surprising but not fair