• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title doesn’t mean a whole lot.

But I am sure he is making more money.

And if he does get the Commanders offense in the top half of the league?

He getting that head job.

How secure is his job with the team potentially getting sold?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the price has "likely gone to $50 million a year or more" for Eagles QB Jalen Hurts.​

Eagles GM Howie Roseman said the team hopes to sign Hurts early in the offseason. With Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson all due extensions, the Eagles want to get out ahead on Hurts, who is in the final year of his contract. Hurts doesn't have a fifth-year option as a second-round pick and is likely to be the first of the QB extensions. Hurts' contract could be structured similar to the deal the Eagles gave Carson Wentz in 2019, with Hurts signing a four-year deal with 80% of it guaranteed.

@fightinfunbags

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the price has "likely gone to $50 million a year or more" for Eagles QB Jalen Hurts.​

Eagles GM Howie Roseman said the team hopes to sign Hurts early in the offseason. With Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson all due extensions, the Eagles want to get out ahead on Hurts, who is in the final year of his contract. Hurts doesn't have a fifth-year option as a second-round pick and is likely to be the first of the QB extensions. Hurts' contract could be structured similar to the deal the Eagles gave Carson Wentz in 2019, with Hurts signing a four-year deal with 80% of it guaranteed.

@fightinfunbags
Was just talking about this the other day. I think 6 years and 300 million with 200 million guaranteed gets it done. This is the going rate for QBs these days. I’m just glad that Hurts is worth money.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just talking about this the other day. I think 6 years and 300 million with 200 million guaranteed gets it done. This is the going rate for QBs these days. I’m just glad that Hurts is worth money.
Gonna be interesting......lost the OC and DC.....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting......lost the OC and DC.....
Feel good that they have an in house guy for OC in Brian Johnson the current QB coach. 6 teams called the Eagles inquiring about interviewing him for their OC position. The Eagles slow played that knowing the possibility of Steichen getting a head job. Looks like he will move up to OC. They may be going outside to look for DC. Personally, I want a guy who plays 2 high safeties like Gannon did with bend but don’t break and make offenses be disciplined to score. However, I need the next guy to be better getting off the field using more aggressive schemes as a change up.

At the same time, history says you are likely to take a step back when you lose both coordinators in the same year. Additionally, the Eagles had a LB coach that was praised by every one in the organization that Gannon took with him to be DC.

I’m really excited about the organization’s direction. At the same time, I can’t project them to be back in the Super Bowl next year so quickly. Hope I’m wrong.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel good that they have an in house guy for OC in Brian Johnson the current QB coach. 6 teams called the Eagles inquiring about interviewing him for their OC position. The Eagles slow played that knowing the possibility of Steichen getting a head job. Looks like he will move up to OC. They may be going outside to look for DC. Personally, I want a guy who plays 2 high safeties like Gannon did with bend but don’t break and make offenses be disciplined to score. However, I need the next guy to be better getting off the field using more aggressive schemes as a change up.

At the same time, history says you are likely to take a step back when you lose both coordinators in the same year. Additionally, the Eagles had a LB coach that was praised by every one in the organization that Gannon took with him to be DC.

I’m really excited about the organization’s direction. At the same time, I can’t project them to be back in the Super Bowl next year so quickly. Hope I’m wrong.
Rex Ryan before Denver gets him!!!!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any QB that asks for a dime more than Mahomes, total or guaranteed, should be given a quick sanity check by showing them the numbers on the field.