• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, not all the players agree with the Union, so...
That definitely has to be an issue (in general, not just the 17 games). a number of different players in completely different situations in this sport. Hard to bargain for all of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, hope the guy succeeds and he might for reasons you gave. Though hard to forget Mayock at time said Jamarcus Russell's pro day was best he ever saw.

Wont be as easy to grade these guys on tape as in most games their lines and weapons were far superior to the defenses trying to stop them.

These FOs have their work cut out for them.
Yeah I mean I’m not saying he will be some all-pro...it’s all about sitting and learning in my mind. I do agree, pro days mean nothing imo. I definitely wouldn’t want to make these decisions, that’s why they get paid the big bucks lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. What's the big deal for players? They used to play in 2-3 preseason games. Now they probably play in 1.5. Don't get all the crying for them

It's about the extra wear and tear on their bodies. They weren't playing in full pre-season games. Most of the starters, especially veterans who have been around for a few years, are maybe playing a combined total of 1 game in the pre-season, if that.

As CL pointed out, this decision was made by the NFL and the players union. Not all players are on board with the decision.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely has to be an issue (in general, not just the 17 games). a number of different players in completely different situations in this sport. Hard to bargain for all of them.

Just seems a bit hypocritical to be preaching player safety while adding another game.

But, end of the day, money won out as it always does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about the extra wear and tear on their bodies. They weren't playing in full pre-season games. Most of the starters, especially veterans who have been around for a few years, are maybe playing a combined total of 1 game in the pre-season, if that.

As CL pointed out, this decision was made by the NFL and the players union. Not all players are on board with the decision.
This is true, but I doubt all players are on board with any major decision.....Guessing guys at bottoms of rosters would play 5 preseason games if offered.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems a bit hypocritical to be preaching player safety while adding another game.

But, end of the day, money won out as it always does.
true...but isn't hypocritical to complain about your own safety but make concessions for an extra game?

and the reason, of course, is what you said....money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true...but isn't hypocritical to complain about your own safety but make concessions for an extra game?

and the reason, of course, is what you said....money.

On the players, yes and no. For the most part, players want to play. It's why you sometimes hear folks say that "sometimes you have to protect the players from themselves".

The problem for NFL players is they have far less guaranteed money than any other sport and they typically have a much smaller window of opportunity to earn. So they likely feel like they have to get their money while they can. It's why they'll lie to coaches and trainers about injuries, concussions, etc. They're afraid of losing their job to their backup.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that quite a few, maybe even most of, the player who agreed to it, really didn't want to but had to consider the additional money they could make. Hard to call a guy a hypocrite for that, even though it is technically hypocritical.

For the NFL and owners, it's pure hypocrisy, imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very thoughtful of the Cavs to lay down for the Sixers on their last game of the 6 game road trip.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, NY just supposedly legalized this week! Unfortunately, it will probably take more than a year for the infrastructure to be put in place for actual stores to open. So, you still have to sneak around and buy illegally, but can't be arrested for possessing less than 3oz. Funny to hear local radio shows talking about it, having no idea how much an oz of pot really is, as if 3 oz wouldn't last a week. Sure, if you're Snoop Dog (or sharing with a large group of friends), lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue is a lot like KD in that he cares way too much about what others say.........KD's a little better at his job though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, NY just supposedly legalized this week! Unfortunately, it will probably take more than a year for the infrastructure to be put in place for actual stores to open. So, you still have to sneak around and buy illegally, but can't be arrested for possessing less than 3oz. Funny to hear local radio shows talking about it, having no idea how much an oz of pot really is, as if 3 oz wouldn't last a week. Sure, if you're Snoop Dog (or sharing with a large group of friends), lol.

About time NY is finally doing this. And Snoop Dog. About 5 years ago his signature strain made it here to CO. One of the heaviest indica's I ever had, good stuff.