• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone excited for baseball or just me?

Last year felt so weird that this feels like our first real baseball season since 2019
I’m definitely excited

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a robbery. Man these refs stink

For those who didn't watch, it was 68-67 Uconn lead and this was the final possession of game. Great game fucked up by the refs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m definitely excited
im defniitely excited as well though the Indians have taken a step back- i will definitely follow them closely.

I just had the draft in my 13 team roto keeper league that i have been in since 2007. You get up to 8 keepers at $5 more than their previous years value.

I am short on pitching- but my hitting is excellenet. (also its a saves + holds league for the 5th cat.)

C. Salvador Perez
1B. Luke Voit
2B. Jose Altuve
3B. Jose Ramirez
SS. F. Lindor
OF. A. Judge
OF. T. Grisham
OF. K. Calhoun
UTIL. Vlad G. Jr.
Bench: A. Bohm
Bench: D. Swanson

SP: T. Bauer
SP. Z. Gallen
SP. C. Kluber
SP. J. Taillon
SP. J. Paxton
Sp. R. Ray
RP. J. Karinchak
RP. P. Fairbanks
RP. D. Bard
RP. T. Scott

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a robbery. Man these refs stink

For those who didn't watch, it was 68-67 Uconn lead and this was the final possession of game. Great game fucked up by the refs

Well, the choice was fucked up by the refs or decided by the refs. Bad situation either way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If they wanted a cap they need to explain why that would benefit. And the players need to see the finances
Not even the biggest problem in getting a cap I don't think. Biggest hurdle I would think is some owners wouldn't want one.

But no doubt owners crying poor are not believable. Don't care for the guy but loved this Boras comment about Covid when he said The owners did not lose money. They lost profits.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a dunderhead. I mean, I can agree he gets a raw deal by some fans. when you tear down a 3-13 team it seemed obvious they will lose more, not less. Never mind he had a 3rd round rookie in his first year and Kizer in year 2. But all the fans knew the plan so there's zero chance he didn't know. Guy actually complained they "botched" the deal to trade a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron?

Guy can never take responsibility for anything that goes wrong and cares too much what others think. Probably not the best attributes for a HC.

Look at Dipodesta. Turns out the guy was actually right about his Carson Wentz comments. I don't see him looking for talk shows to point it out. Love having adults in charge.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care for the guy but loved this Boras comment about Covid when he said The owners did not lose money. They lost profits.

That's a great point. I think a lot of folks think that they are literally losing money rather than making less profit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point. I think a lot of folks think that they are literally losing money rather than making less profit.
Many of our fans have become apologists for Dolan and think he loses money. according to Forbes, even when he spent more than he ever did ($133 mil in 2017-18 seasons) he had an operating income of $25-30 mil.

And he still cut $44 mil in a contending window and now we are close to $90 mil below that. Just shameful. why buy a sports team if goal is yearly profits? So many better ways.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of our fans have become apologists for Dolan and think he loses money. according to Forbes, even when he spent more than he ever did ($133 mil in 2017-18 seasons) he had an operating income of $25-30 mil.

And he still cut $44 mil in a contending window and now we are close to $90 mil below that. Just shameful. why buy a sports team if goal is yearly profits? So many better ways.

Yep. Owning a franchise is for long term wealth not yearly gains

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac and Fields pro days. You could see the obvious difference in velocity imo. That 65 yard bomb on the money rolling to his left was impressive. He has some elite, franchise-changing abilities. He just needs coached up, he’s had basically a year and some change. 49ers need to take him and sit him behind JimmyG for 1-2 years. Don’t start him day 1.
The thing with Mac is I think he is more pro-ready than Fields and very accurate but his ceiling is not close to what Fields can achieve. He isn’t a top 10 guy, more athletic than guys give him credit for but nothing special. He could be good, a starter but I don’t see anything special about him tbh

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. What's the big deal for players? They used to play in 2-3 preseason games. Now they probably play in 1.5. Don't get all the crying for them
Yeah that doesn’t make sense

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac and Fields pro days. You could see the obvious difference in velocity imo. That 65 yard bomb on the money rolling to his left was impressive. He has some elite, franchise-changing abilities. He just needs coached up, he’s had basically a year and some change. 49ers need to take him and sit him behind JimmyG for 1-2 years. Don’t start him day 1.
The thing with Mac is I think he is more pro-ready than Fields and very accurate but his ceiling is not close to what Fields can achieve. He isn’t a top 10 guy, more athletic than guys give him credit for but nothing special. He could be good, a starter but I don’t see anything special about him tbh
Obviously, hope the guy succeeds and he might for reasons you gave. Though hard to forget Mayock at time said Jamarcus Russell's pro day was best he ever saw.

Wont be as easy to grade these guys on tape as in most games their lines and weapons were far superior to the defenses trying to stop them.

These FOs have their work cut out for them.