• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors offered Barnes 12.

He turned it down.

Somebody is gonna max him......crazy, but that's today's NBA.

I'd rather pay Biyombo than Ezeli.

The Warriors offered him 16M. They offered him a 4 year 64M and he turned it down.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He turned it down.

I agree with you on the latter. Problem for the Dubs is they'll be well over the cap and couldn't afford him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He turned it down.

Harrison fucking Barnes is going to get a max contract? I hope you're kidding, Mecca.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezeli and Barnes could get max contracts. Crazy. Livingston could get a good pay but could accept less just depends. Iggy would be the guy to accept less but he could start for GS and already does some games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see it. GS 2nd unit is even or better then Cavs 1st unit. LBJ just cant take over games like he used to. He needs to play like he did last year because he has better help this year. He needs to take over games. I dont know if he can anymore. He tries and saves too much energy.

You do this a lot. You overreact to one game. The Warriors could end up winning this series but the GS second unit is not better than the Cavs starting unit and Lebron can takeover games, but the Warriors defensive strategy is good. I see the Cavs making adjustments and hopefully their offense looks better. I am not so certain they will win Game 2 but I see much improvement and adjustments. IMO if they can steal a game 2 they will be in good shape...for now lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers going to cashout Barnes this off-season. Not sure if the Warriors will match because of future flexibility.

Depending on what offers are out there for Ezeli, the Warriors may not elect to match either.

I would think Barbosa would return on a vet minimum deal if he wanted. He still played well enough to show he can still be a decent role player. Rush I think will probably be let go. Varaejo would have to be a vet min contract.

Shaun Livingston is on a team option for this summer which 100% will get picked up. Mo Speights will probably be gone too because I'm sure some team will offer him either more money or more consistent playing time.

The core going into the off-season will be:

Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Green, Bogut, Livingston, Looney.

The Warriors are going to be a hot destination for vet minimums, so rounding out the roster with end of the rotation guys won't be a problem. The key is that the Warriors will need to add at least 2-3 bench players, with hopefully one starter capable player at least.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do this a lot. You overreact to one game. The Warriors could end up winning this series but the GS second unit is not better than the Cavs starting unit and Lebron can takeover games, but the Warriors defensive strategy is good. I see the Cavs making adjustments and hopefully their offense looks better. I am not so certain they will win Game 2 but I see much improvement and adjustments. IMO if they can steal a game 2 they will be in good shape...for now lol

For last night's game alone - the Dubs bench out performed the Cavs' starters. But I agree with you. 9 times out of 10 I'd take my chances production and talent wise with the Cavs starters. The Dubs right now just know how to play better as a team (looking at it from a 1-game perspective). A lot of basketball left.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison fucking Barnes is going to get a max contract? I hope you're kidding, Mecca.

#futurelaker

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers going to cashout Barnes this off-season. Not sure if the Warriors will match because of future flexibility.

Depending on what offers are out there for Ezeli, the Warriors may not elect to match either.

I would think Barbosa would return on a vet minimum deal if he wanted. He still played well enough to show he can still be a decent role player. Rush I think will probably be let go. Varaejo would have to be a vet min contract.

Shaun Livingston is on a team option for this summer which 100% will get picked up. Mo Speights will probably be gone too because I'm sure some team will offer him either more money or more consistent playing time.

The core going into the off-season will be:

Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Green, Bogut, Livingston, Looney.

The Warriors are going to be a hot destination for vet minimums, so rounding out the roster with end of the rotation guys won't be a problem. The key is that the Warriors will need to add at least 2-3 bench players, with hopefully one starter capable player at least.

Your GM seems to know what he's doing. Doesn't seem like a tall order.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to tell people who thought the Cavs were ready. All that rest didn't mean crap tonight. All those 3's they been shooting came from lack of defense. If the Dubs play defense the rest of the way like they did tonight the Cavs will be lucky to make 3's in double digits. The close out on those shooters was awesome.
I agree. I imagine though that the Cavs are telling themselves "We shut down Curry and Thompson in game 1 so we know we can do it again and in game 2 the Dubs bench won't play this well again". That's probably what they are hanging their hats on.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,018.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH with this nonsense. Mitch isn't stupid enough to give him that.

Max he should get and that's generous......8-10 million per season. And that's more than he's actually worth.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The middle 7 of those he had Wade/Bosh and a better team around him for help. I don't doubt LeBron will be ready game 2, but I am not convinced Cleveland can beat this team. Lue seems content to let Livingston shoot the mid range jumper and he will take his chances with that beating him. Livingston is longer than the Cavs guards and your not moving LeBron to him. You will lose this series with him being able to get clean looks over the top of your guards. That mid range jumper is his game. This isn't Justice Winslow shooting that. 8/10 and 20 points was not lucky or flukey. Klay and Steph missing open 3's was flukey. Cavs missing all those shots in the paint was flukey. But if Lue doesn't adjust on Livingston, this series will be over quick.

That mid-range isn't flukey but that is his season-high in points (had one game last year over 20 points, that being 21 points) and there were multiple occasions a player had a hand in the face but that shot it pretty hard to block no matter who you have on him. On one play Kyrie just missed the ball and Livingston swished it. His mid-range is crazy good but that game won't happen again...just sayin lol

That was Livingston's 9th game of his career he scored over 20 points or more. Never scored over 25 in his career

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.