• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is not known as a defender and neither is Durant.

No, but they can be when they need to, as they each showed against Golden State.

I definitely think Curry is the best offensive player in the league, but players like him and Steve Nash before him get slightly overvalued because people tend to underrate defensive impact.

If the NBA would just change the MVP award to the MOP award, we would not have to have this debate! Curry's accolades are well deserved, but he needs to play better the next couple games. Just because he won MVP, does not make him the best overall player.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Curry's new shoes?

They're really, REALY bad.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, game 4. let us see what adjustments are made by Kerr...

THIS time they should be ready for the Cavs intensity level if the last game was any kind of a wake-up call...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 years younger and seemingly less durable.

How confident are you that curry has more years left at a high level?

Stephen Curry's only 28 as opposed to Lebron's 31. Lebron has logged by far more minutes than Curry. Curry doesn't endure the physical toll that Lebron does, not even close. Lebron's game is predicated on his overall athleticism which will deteriorate at some point in the future (like all athletes). Curry doesn't rely on the athleticism that Lebron does. Those are some points.

Edit: Just saw @trojanfan12 response. Great minds think alike?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but they can be when they need to, as they each showed against Golden State.

I definitely think Curry is the best offensive player in the league, but players like him and Steve Nash before him get slightly overvalued because people tend to underrate defensive impact.

If the NBA would just change the MVP award to the MOP award, we would not have to have this debate! Curry's accolades are well deserved, but he needs to play better the next couple games. Just because he won MVP, does not make him the best overall player.

I agree with this. I don't think he's the best player overall. I think he's top 3. I would take him over Westbrook and Davis. I would rank Leonard over Davis as well

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I don't think he's the best player overall. I think he's top 3. I would take him over Westbrook and Davis. I would rank Leonard over Davis as well

ooooooooooo.....I never even considered that one.

I've never seen a defender like Leonard. That guy is just relentless.

Imagine if he was good as a distributor as Lebron and just as athletic? Jesus.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many all defensive teams he made in his career?

So the requirement to be considered a good defender is to make All defensive teams? if you don't.....you suck? GTFOH.

Westbrook may not be a great defender....but he's still a pretty good one. There's a reason GS was down 3-1 in the WCF.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some wild stuff here on tHoop but saying Westbrook isn't a good defender.......that takes the cake imo. He's an athletic freak that absolutely can play some defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the requirement to be considered a good defender is to make All defensive teams? if you don't.....you suck? GTFOH.

Westbrook may not be a great defender....but he's still a pretty good one. There's a reason GS was down 3-1 in the WCF.

He's ok. Nothing special.

Yeah OKC went up 3-1 because their role players showed up. When their role player disappeared and they went back on depending on Russ and KD to win the game for them, they ended up losing 3 straight and getting eliminated

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might actually see a CLOSE game in this series tonight for once...

STILL think the Dubs take it, though...

I though game 3 was the Cavs best chance to steal a win and I was right. I'm on the fence about this game. I think the Warriors can come back and win but I'm also intrigued buy the home court advantage. IDK right now. I'm gonna wait a little closer to game time before I make a prediction.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook name never comes up in the discussion when you're talking about the best defensive guards in the league. There are several guards I'll take before I get to Westbrook when it comes to defense

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's ok. Nothing special.

Yeah OKC went up 3-1 because their role players showed up. When their role player disappeared and they went back on depending on Russ and KD to win the game for them, they ended up losing 3 straight and getting eliminated

I normally agree with a lot of stuff you say here in the NBA forums (as well as the PF's, if there was one person I'd want to have my back there it'd be you) but I vehemently disagree with you on this.

OKC's role players showed up.....yes. But, there is a reason why Curry made just 42% of his FGA's in the 3 losses to the Thunder. And I think we both know what that was.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook isn't known as a defender? :pound:

He's actually pretty good.
Actually I was thinking both Durant and Westbrook were pretty good on defense and that was the reason the Warriors had problems with them at the beginning - Was I wrong?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.