• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook name never comes up in the discussion when you're talking about the best defensive guards in the league. There are several guards I'll take before I get to Westbrook when it comes to defense

Westbrook's name does not come up in all defensive conversations because of focus and effort. When he locks in though, he is as tough as any small guard in the league. Perhaps only Avery Bradley and maybe Chris Paul could do better than what Russ displayed against GS.

If you have a game that you have to win, Westbrook is strapping up.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was thinking both Durant and Westbrook were pretty good on defense and that was the reason the Warriors had problems with them at the beginning - Was I wrong?:eek:

I don't think so. KD is just okay, he has the length (wingspan) to be great but often is lackadasical but he plays defense in spurts. Westbrook? Has a reputation around the NBA as being pretty good, but not elite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Klay has never made an all defensive team either, but he is as good as any wing defender in the league (not named Kawhi).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Curry's new shoes?

They're really, REALY bad.
Anyone see that two people got fired yesterday?

One for calling a 3 year old girl a homophobic slur intended for men, which is a real headscratcher.

The other for calling a certain Cavs player a Bitch, for not knowing the mental aptitude of Latinos and saying that Jews are cheap....on a live podcast.

#StupidIsAsStupidDoes

Cavaliers Fan Fired for Sending Awful Tweet About Riley Curry to Steph Curry’s Sister

Magic and Rays reporter Emily Austen fired after racist comments in video

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs can take this one, its game on time. We might have ourselves an entertaining series.

If the Warriors take it, the series is basically over.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Wed, the Cavs announced that Love was out for Game 3 around 9 am. As of now, they're saying he will be evaluated during pre-game.

Signs are pointing to Love being available. Which would be good news for the Cavs, as long as Lue is smart about how he uses him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read back to the posts on this thread prior to the start of the series. There's a large contingency of folks who have (or at least had) decided that Curry is clearly the best player in the NBA.

Of course, when I've spoken to folks who have real basketball backgrounds, they pick LeBron, but a lot of folks on this thread are sure Curry's the best. Most of them are Lakers and Heat fans - I wonder why they don't like Lebron?

Miami fans = jilted lovers
Lakers fans: Don't compare Lebron to my precious Kobe!

Agree.

Most of us believe Curry is the best offensive player and was the runaway MVP.

But, most have also stated that Lebron is the best overall player, but Kawhi.is coming.....

Curry is absolute horseshit on the other end of the court.

Offense is seXXXy....So, no surprise that Curry is the media/fanboy darling right now.

Plus, he is infinitely more likeable as a human being.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook's name does not come up in all defensive conversations because of focus and effort. When he locks in though, he is as tough as any small guard in the league. Perhaps only Avery Bradley and maybe Chris Paul could do better than what Russ displayed against GS.

If you have a game that you have to win, Westbrook is strapping up.

Russ was actually was subpar. It was more Adams, durant, Ibaka, Roberson who were great on defense. Westbrook defense is sub par I think. Reason being is he gambles to much.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to chime in until now but. When the warriors lose they usually lose big. You gotta blow them out to beat them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. :D

My wife chastised me during the 4th quarter of Game 3 when they cut to shot of Curry on the bench and I said something like "oh look, he IS capable of not looking smug".

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to chime in until now but. When the warriors lose they usually lose big. You gotta blow them out to beat them.
True.

9 of their 15 losses this season have come by double digits.

Their last 3 losses were by 28, 24, & 30.

Only close playoff loss was when the Rockets beat them by 1, I think.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many all defensive teams he made in his career?

It's not even about that lol. He doesn't pass the eye test. Iggy should of made more defensive teams. He only made defensive teams twice. I thought it should be way more. Defensive teams don't prove much

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Took you 2 days to get over game 3. I understand

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ was actually was subpar. It was more Adams, durant, Ibaka, Roberson who were great on defense. Westbrook defense is sub par I think. Reason being is he gambles to much.

Yes he does gamble too much for sure. On the ball though, he is terrific when he wants to be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even about that lol. He doesn't pass the eye test. Iggy should of made more defensive teams. He only made defensive teams twice. I thought it should be way more. Defensive teams don't prove much

Agree. Very subjective and all about reputation ahead of ability.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Most of us believe Curry is the best offensive player and was the runaway MVP.

But, most have also stated that Lebron is the best overall player, but Kawhi.is coming.....

Curry is absolute horseshit on the other end of the court.

Offense is seXXXy....So, no surprise that Curry is the media/fanboy darling right now.

Curry isn't shit on defense lol cmon. He's actually pretty solid. Defended Westbrook the best out of anyone last series

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. :D

My wife chastised me during the 4th quarter of Game 3 when they cut to shot of Curry on the bench and I said something like "oh look, he IS capable of not looking smug".

I would hate him too if I were a Cavs fan....lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Very subjective and all about reputation ahead of ability.

Yup. I remember the sixers were top 3 on defense for several years and he barely made a 2nd team which is insane that he didn't Make the first a couple times

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Wed, the Cavs announced that Love was out for Game 3 around 9 am. As of now, they're saying he will be evaluated during pre-game.

Signs are pointing to Love being available. Which would be good news for the Cavs, as long as Lue is smart about how he uses him.

Heard its likely that his minutes are managed and he may even come in off the bench. Not sure how Love will like that, but given how the team did in his absence in game 3, it might not be a bad plan of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.