• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because the two premiere scoring PG's in the NBA, other than Curry himself torched him, he's awful at defense? He's not a great defender, but he's not awful either. This is coming from a guy who considered him legit the worst defensive PG in the NBA 2 years ago.

He has improved a lot. Still not a plus defender, especially not against players like Westbrook.

@Hambombs, the FG% numbers from the series don't tell the story. Westbrook was able to get wherever he wanted to go when Curry guarded him. He missed a few easy ones and he also had a ton of help because Bogut and Green were permanent help, guarding nobody.

It is not a coincidence that GS started winning once Klay took over on Westbrook.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has improved a lot. Still not a plus defender, especially not against players like Westbrook.

@Hambombs, the FG% numbers from the series don't tell the story. Westbrook was able to get wherever he wanted to go when Curry guarded him. He missed a few easy ones and he also had a ton of help because Bogut and Green were permanent help, guarding nobody.

It is not a coincidence that GS started winning once Klay took over on Westbrook.

:dingdingding:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, when Russ got in the paint and forced both big men to collapse in help, that left Kanter and Adams in position for easy stickbacks. Curry's D on Westbrook caused a lot of problems for the Warriors that do not show directly on he stay sheet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, everyone on my Team is a suck ass defender except Jordan, and sometimes Paul.

I know bad defense when I see it...lol

Hey I know bad defense as well. I try to always watch the Washington Generals when they're on tv.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, when Russ got in the paint and forced both big men to collapse in help, that left Kanter and Adams in position for easy stickbacks. Curry's D on Westbrook caused a lot of problems for the Warriors that do not show directly on he stay sheet.

That should read

"The stat sheet"

I am really bad at typing on my phone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a reason every sports show, blog, article blasted Kerr for having Curry on Westbrook and Kyrie.

The Warriors are clearly better served with Steph on JR.

Still, his best defense is his offense, no matter who he is guarding.

If he's not giving the Cavs the business on the other end, this will be a much harder series than necessary.

When a guy is putting up 30 a game, its easy to overlook his defensive liabilities.

When he's putting up 16?....not so much.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see that in this video to much.

I can argue that he did a solid job keeping Westbrook in front of him

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Klay has never made an all defensive team either, but he is as good as any wing defender in the league (not named Kawhi).

Excellent point. Not many would say Thompson isn't a good or great defender.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason every sports show, blog, article blasted Kerr for having Curry on Westbrook and Kyrie.

The Warriors are clearly better served with Steph on JR.

Still, his best defense is his offense, no matter who he is guarding.

If he's not giving the Cavs the business on the other end, this will be a much harder series than necessary.

When a guy is putting up 30 a game, its easy to overlook his defensive liabilities.

When he's putting up 16?....not so much.

But he doesn't have defensive liabilities. lol he still impacts the game even being on the floor

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Curry is a good defender, not great, but good. When he's focused. So many superstars focus so much on offense that they become lazy on defense. Mainly because playing both sides of the ball is so draining.

Status
Not open for further replies.