• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Curry's defense this postseason has been subpar for the most part. He defended RW well at times but again too much energy spent playing both sides of the ball.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't have defensive liabilities. lol he still impacts the game even being on the floor

Of course he has defensive liabilities. Curry is an average defender. He's not good, he's not bad. If he didn't have any defensive liabilities, they wouldn't have had to switch Klay on to Westbrook, Lillard, etc.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Curry's defense this postseason has been subpar for the most part. He defended RW well at times but again too much energy spent playing both sides of the ball.

Makes sense lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he has defensive liabilities. Curry is an average defender. He's not good, he's not bad. If he didn't have any defensive liabilities, they wouldn't have had to switch Klay on to Westbrook, Lillard, etc.

They pretty much alternate. You never keep one guy on one guy or else you adjust. Curry is a pretty good off ball defender. Average on the ball defense though

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they did that for the most part (because at 6-7 Thompson is a lot taller and) a better matchup for GS.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clearly drunk on the Kool Aid.

He doesn't have defensive liabilities?

:laugh3:

Nope. I think he's good off the ball and is average on ball defender who has pretty quick hands. I remember he played some clutch defense in the thunder series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I think he's good off the ball and is average on ball defender who has pretty quick hands. I remember he played some clutch defense in the thunder series.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided since it is a Friday night that I'll get wasted and watch the game in a sports bar

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Than you.

I'm willing to meet in the middle and concede to this statement.

Maybe my Team just hasn't had a player good enough to turn a blind eye to all their shortcomings.

But, sometimes the fanboying is ridiculous.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much alternate. You never keep one guy on one guy or else you adjust. Curry is a pretty good off ball defender. Average on the ball defense though

Sorry I got really lost in your post.

I understand you're trying to defend Curry but your logic doesn't make sense. You can use two examples specifically on the Warriors of not alternating when you have a superior defender on someone. You don't see Draymond switching off of Love and you don't see Iguodala switching off Lebron. They guard them because they are the best defenders to guard them.

It's not simply a one on one thing. If Curry was an excellent defender, then there would be no need to ever switch him on to someone else.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did that for the most part (because at 6-7 Thompson is a lot taller and) a better matchup for GS.

Yeah, and that's part of Steph's deficiency. He's not a physical player and will never be. That's fine, you can still be a good defender just with body placement and anticipation. But Klay presents an advantage because he was both bigger and stronger than Steph. When RW drives to the hoop, Klay negated or challenged this a lot of this simply by being able to absorb some of Westbrook's contact by being strong enough to hold his own.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than you.

I'm willing to meet in the middle and concede to this statement.

Maybe my Team just hasn't had a player good enough to turn a blind eye to all their shortcomings.

But, sometimes the fanboying is ridiculous.

I'm really curious why you don't consider CP3 a great defender. If anything by your previous statement I would state that DAJ was a decent/plus defender and CP3 was the great defender.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting wasted at home watching the game. Less chance I need bail money.

Unless, one of my neighbors really gets on my nerves. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His everything has been sub par this finals.

But, he is still the best player in the NBA.

But, not anywhere near the best all around which was my original statement that led to this conversation.

His lack of defense puts him behind Lebron, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, Towns, Butler and his own Teammate Klay.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan has turned into an elite defender. CP used to be but age and injuries have taken a toll on him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I got really lost in your post.

I understand you're trying to defend Curry but your logic doesn't make sense. You can use two examples specifically on the Warriors of not alternating when you have a superior defender on someone. You don't see Draymond switching off of Love and you don't see Iguodala switching off Lebron. They guard them because they are the best defenders to guard them.

It's not simply a one on one thing. If Curry was an excellent defender, then there would be no need to ever switch him on to someone else.

You got lost when I said he's a good off ball defense and a average on ball defender?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His everything has been sub par this finals.

But, he is still the best player in the NBA.

But, not anywhere near the best all around which was my original statement that led to this conversation.

His lack of defense puts him behind Lebron, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, Towns, Butler and his own Teammate Klay.

He's the best shooter but I'd still say James is the best because he can score and play D.

Status
Not open for further replies.