• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read back to the posts on this thread prior to the start of the series. There's a large contingency of folks who have (or at least had) decided that Curry is clearly the best player in the NBA.

Of course, when I've spoken to folks who have real basketball backgrounds, they pick LeBron, but a lot of folks on this thread are sure Curry's the best. Most of them are Lakers and Heat fans - I wonder why they don't like Lebron?

Miami fans = jilted lovers
Lakers fans: Don't compare Lebron to my precious Kobe!
Oh goodness...not this again. :rolleyes2:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: you're a team captain in a pick-up game of NBA players and you've got the first pick. Do you take James or Curry?

LeBron hands down.

I would also take Durant and Westbrook over Curry, and think pretty hard about Leonard and Davis.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: you're a team captain in a pick-up game of NBA players and you've got the first pick. Do you take James or Curry?

Depends. If it's just a pickup game or looking to win a title in the next couple of seasons, I'm taking Lebron. He's still the better all around player and no matter how good Curry is, he's never going to be 6'8" 250 with the ability to defend all 5 positions.

If we're talking signing one of them to a long term contract. I'm taking Curry. He's younger and has more years left at a very high level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron hands down.

I would also take Durant and Westbrook over Curry, and think pretty hard about Leonard and Davis.

And that is not a knock on Curry. He is great. I just prefer a more athletic player with better defensive potential to build a team around. Klay, Dray and Iggy don't get enough credit for the Warriors' success.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. If it's just a pickup game or looking to win a title in the next couple of seasons, I'm taking Lebron. He's still the better all around player and no matter how good Curry is, he's never going to be 6'8" 250 with the ability to defend all 5 positions.

If we're talking signing one of them to a long term contract. I'm taking Curry. He's younger and has more years left at a very high level.

That seems like a fair assessment. It also means you think Lebron is the better player.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only 3 years younger and seemingly less durable.

How confident are you that curry has more years left at a high level?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a fair assessment. It also means you think Lebron is the better player.

Lebron is the better overall player. Curry had a better season, that's why he was MVP. I don't have to like a guy to know he's a great player. I've always said, if the Lebron went to the Lakers, he'd be like Kobe for me. I still wouldn't like him, but I'd be glad he was on the team and would enjoy the winning that came along with that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 years younger and seemingly less durable.

How confident are you that curry has more years left at a high level?

3 years is an eternity in the NBA and Lebron has far more mileage on his body that Curry does. Curry's injury issues seem to be behind him.

Plus, the way Curry plays, he takes far less of a physical beating than Lebron does. I think it's pretty amazing that Lebron has played as many years as he has without a serious injury. Especially with the way he plays.

Curry can eventually become like an older Ray Allen where he basically becomes a sniper. Lebron can't really do that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let's say the Cavs win tonight by 18 or more, the point differential on the series would then be even or in the Cavs favor. Should that happen, I'll be interested to see what the Warrior nob polishers on this thread will have to say.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, the way Curry plays, he takes far less of a physical beating than Lebron does. I think it's pretty amazing that Lebron has played as many years as he has without a serious injury. Especially with the way he plays.

PEDs: Better athletes through science.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say "behind him," you're talking about two series ago?

No, that wasn't really an injury issue. He was what they call "a little dinged up." I'm talking about the ankle issues or whatever it was from a few years ago. The kind of thing that he had a couple of series ago happens to all players, even Lebron. He likely could have played if the Warriors really needed him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, LeBron got some pretty good elevation on this one...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that wasn't really an injury issue. He was what they call "a little dinged up." I'm talking about the ankle issues or whatever it was from a few years ago. The kind of thing that he had a couple of series ago happens to all players, even Lebron. He likely could have played if the Warriors really needed him.

Wasn't it his ankle that was hurt?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bogut should be in the starting lineup. He set the tone defensively in game 2 with 4 blocks in the first quarter when the Cavs were trying to attack the rim. The Warriors then went small and turned it into a blowout.

However, he should have a quick hook. If he comes out like he did in game 3, get him the hell out.

Only if Love starts at the 4. When the Cavs are big, the matchups are fairly even with Bogut in. When the Cavs have Jefferson at the 4, matchups against GS starters immensely favor Cleveland. I don't need to see that again, and Kerr shouldn't either. GS can't run their offense if they make it easy for LeBron to guard Green. They need to force LeBron to guard somebody else, anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.