• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Splash brothers have been contained.....if they did not have the teammates they have or the bench they have, they would have wilted in this series and Cavs would be up 3-0. They have underwhelmed.

Not sure about 3-0 but no doubt they would lead 2-1

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how many points Steph scores, and the same goes for Klay.
Their #1 priority is winning.
Last night's game may have been more of an aberration, mixed w/ a bit of Cavs desperation and home cooking more than anything.

They know what the task at hand is....and you can bet all your vcash pesos Kerr and his staff will make the necessary adjustments for gm 4 to swing the momentum back in their favor before heading back out this way for game 5.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 2 main differences between Curry and LeBron that account for the differences in criticism they receive.

1) LeBron came into the league as "the chosen one" with all the expectations in the world. Steph came in as a guy that many questioned if he could even last in the league.

2) LeBron experienced many failures with the spotlight directly on him before he ever won a title. Curry has yet to fail since entering the spotlight.

I would never campaign for LeBron level criticism to be unleashed upon any player. I can't remember the reporter that said it but LeBron is the guy that runs into a burning building and saves your baby... and then when he brings the baby out to you, you ask him why he didn't save your purse too.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Splash brothers have been contained.....if they did not have the teammates they have or the bench they have, they would have wilted in this series and Cavs would be up 3-0. They have underwhelmed.
Good point and that is why the bench players are so important in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see a quote with two 2-4 word chunks in quotes and the rest paraphrased I realize that I need to see the actual interview with context to know what was actually said.

ESPN reporter Matt Walks is clearly trying hard to spin this "quote" a certain way. Even the way he's spun it... this isn't anywhere near bulletin board material.

Bulletin board material at this point is crap anyway. If a player needs bulletin board material to get up for playing in the finals, he doesn't belong in the league, let alone playing in the finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut on people calling Love soft...

"Those people are idiots. You don't mess around with the brain."

"You can be a hero now in the NBA Finals in 2016 and in 2021 you will be sucking food through a straw. And you won't give a [expletive] about what you did in 2016."

Yeah, Kevin Love isn't soft. He's a pussy. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So despite being able to do both so far through 3 rounds of the post season doesn't earn him a pass in this one? Man ya'll are a hard crowd.

No, he doesn't. He's a superstar, team leader and playing for a championship. He needs to be playing well on both ends of the floor.

We'd be skewering Lebron for the kind of numbers Steph has put up. So Steph gets it too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he doesn't. He's a superstar, team leader and playing for a championship. He needs to be playing well on both ends of the floor.

We'd be skewering Lebron for the kind of numbers Steph has put up. So Steph gets it too.

Pretty sure they are talking about Klay here. although I do believe he is on the verge of superstar status, or at least should be. Klay is awesome.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the above is supposed to have a video with it. its of that old commercial where the kid wants to join the boys playing football and they tell him to come back when he has a team. Just now its with all the GS and Cavs guys faces imposed on. Dont know why it isnt linking the video.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few stats for you all:

-In game 3 the GS small lineup outscored Cleveland by 1 in 17 minutes
-In games 1 and 2, GS starters were outscored by 7 in 16 minutes

Despite these facts, Kerr's recent comments make it look like he will not make any significant adjustments to the lineup or the rotations for game 4. Maybe he is blowing smoke, but game 4 is incredibly important. A Cleveland win here puts 100% of the pressure back on GS.

What is so maddening is that Kerr has everything that he needs to demolish Cleveland if he just changes his rotations like he did last June. If he waits until game 5, all the positive work from games 1 and 2 will be completely erased.

For those betting on tonight's contest, if you see Bogut and Jefferson in the starting lineup, take Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few stats for you all:

-In game 3 the GS small lineup outscored Cleveland by 1 in 17 minutes
-In games 1 and 2, GS starters were outscored by 7 in 16 minutes

Despite these facts, Kerr's recent comments make it look like he will not make any significant adjustments to the lineup or the rotations for game 4. Maybe he is blowing smoke, but game 4 is incredibly important. A Cleveland win here puts 100% of the pressure back on GS.

What is so maddening is that Kerr has everything that he needs to demolish Cleveland if he just changes his rotations like he did last June. If he waits until game 5, all the positive work from games 1 and 2 will be completely erased.

For those betting on tonight's contest, if you see Bogut and Jefferson in the starting lineup, take Cleveland.

If we want to talk struggles. Kerr has probably struggled the most the entire playoffs. He was masterful last season, but this year I just can't put my finger on it. I really hope we don't see Bogut in the starting line up tonight.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to talk struggles. Kerr has probably struggled the most the entire playoffs. He was masterful last season, but this year I just can't put my finger on it. I really hope we don't see Bogut in the starting line up tonight.

He actually said that game 3's result was not because of the lineups, but that Cleveland just beat their tails. Either he is in denial or using his poker face. I hope for the later, because you don't want to be in a best of 3 series with LeBron.

Like is said before the start of the series, golden state has a big edge because of their natural matchup advantages. Kerr is allowing his two biggest to get erased by leaving Curry on Irving and allowing Thompson and Love to guard centers. Starting Barnes on LeBron is pretty big too.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut on people calling Love soft...

"Those people are idiots. You don't mess around with the brain."

"You can be a hero now in the NBA Finals in 2016 and in 2021 you will be sucking food through a straw. And you won't give a [expletive] about what you did in 2016."

Well, I'd call Love soft because he's a basketball player.

You guys know watch virtually no basketball, but have watched these and last year's playoffs. The shit these guys get "hurt" by is pathetic.

Like the taller of the two Splash Brothers the other day. Fucking guy gets a Charlie Horse and trots back to the locker room, and then when he comes back, he sits on the bench getting his leg rubbed. He'd be mocked by his own teammates in any other sport besides soccer.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what is total BS?

Let's assume for a minute that Curry continues to average less than 20 a game and the Warriors win, and then LeBron plays well in losing efforts.

There are people on here that will argue that LeBron's legacy is diminished while Curry's is enhanced because of a second ring. Total BS, IMO.

The Warriors are a great team, of which Curry is an important part. Still, there is no way anyone who has watched this series can say that Curry is better than LeBron, regardless of the result.

Read back to the posts on this thread prior to the start of the series. There's a large contingency of folks who have (or at least had) decided that Curry is clearly the best player in the NBA.

Of course, when I've spoken to folks who have real basketball backgrounds, they pick LeBron, but a lot of folks on this thread are sure Curry's the best. Most of them are Lakers and Heat fans - I wonder why they don't like Lebron?

Miami fans = jilted lovers
Lakers fans: Don't compare Lebron to my precious Kobe!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: you're a team captain in a pick-up game of NBA players and you've got the first pick. Do you take James or Curry?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bogut should be in the starting lineup. He set the tone defensively in game 2 with 4 blocks in the first quarter when the Cavs were trying to attack the rim. The Warriors then went small and turned it into a blowout.

However, he should have a quick hook. If he comes out like he did in game 3, get him the hell out.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD
Status
Not open for further replies.