• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, they never think outside the box or make any bold moves. The only bold move I dont want them to make is Trade Butler. Only chance I do that is if Boston Blows you away with a deal. 2 1st and a young player.
Then you also trade Rose for draft picks. U start all over and we win maybe 10 games next year. LOL
I know it would take a lot to get us to trade Butler. I've heard Boston might be willing to part with Bradley, the #3 pick and possibly another pick. I think that could work out nicely for everybody if they can get it done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would take a lot to get us to trade Butler. I've heard Boston might be willing to part with Bradley, the #3 pick and possibly another pick. I think that could work out nicely for everybody if they can get it done.
Im not a big fan of Bradley but overall its not a bad start.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he could fit better with a team like the Warriors. I think the problem isn't that the Cavs dot know how to use him, it is that using him differently would hurt the production of Kyrie and LeBron, thereby hurting the offense overall.

Yeah, that's probably a better way of stating it. They've shown that they know how to use him because there have been games where they feed him the ball early and often, which usually translates into him having a good game.

But as you point out, it hurts Lebron and Kyrie offensively and therefore the offense as a whole.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little fun Stat I cam across: Bulls and Jordan were down 0-2 against the Knicks in 1993 and ended up coming back.

LBJ lets see if you can do something tonight. Having a so so finals so far.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,468.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.....facing a must win in Cleveland? The Cavs absolutely have to win this one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the wiggins and Love trade is the cavs also gave away their Cap space. They could of kept Wiggins and added almost max player to Irving, Wiggins, LBJ and TT

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the wiggins and Love trade is the cavs also gave away their Cap space. They could of kept Wiggins and added almost max player to Irving, Wiggins, LBJ and TT

I really don't blame the Cavs for the trade. They were in win now mode.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a big fan of Bradley but overall its not a bad start.
I'm not a huge fan either, but he's on the comeup. 15 ppg and 1st team all defense. Not bad with a top 3 pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame them BIG time. I said it was a bad trade at the time. Its just funny how GS made the right move to pass on love and Cavs didnt. Credit to Jerry West.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame them BIG time. I said it was a bad trade at the time. Its just funny how GS made the right move to pass on love and Cavs didnt. Credit to Jerry West.

You have to take into consideration where each team was at the time. GSW was a young team looking to develop. At that time, they were looking at being contenders a couple of years or so down the road. No one expected them to explode the way they have. For them, the Love trade would have been a bad idea because it ran the risk of disrupting what they were trying to do for the future.

The Cavs, as soon as Lebron returned, went into win now mode. So, for them, it made a lot more sense to trade for an established star like Love rather than wait for Wiggins to develop. It may well have worked had the Warriors not decided to be a couple of years ahead of schedule.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to take into consideration where each team was at the time. GSW was a young team looking to develop. At that time, they were looking at being contenders a couple of years or so down the road. No one expected them to explode the way they have. For them, the Love trade would have been a bad idea because it ran the risk of disrupting what they were trying to do for the future.

The Cavs, as soon as Lebron returned, went into win now mode. So, for them, it made a lot more sense to trade for an established star like Love rather than wait for Wiggins to develop. It may well have worked had the Warriors not decided to be a couple of years ahead of schedule.
more of a reason to trade for Love. They get that big time Vet but Jerry west said no. He thought Thompson was going to be good. Little side note: Cavs pick TT over Thompson. that has to hurt also.

I thought Wiggins too high of ceiling to trade him for a Guy that plays really bad D.

Shows how crazy 1 move can make or break a GM. I would of picked Wiggins and Cap space over Love every day of the week if I was the GM. Love was a very over rated player. I never liked the Deal. I thought it was bad from Day 1.

Now yes I can see Cavs GM trying to make a Big splash. He just made the wrong big splash.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,468.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Plus, Green is perfect for their offense but Love would make them even deadlier from the outside.

If you can imagine that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Plus, Green is perfect for their offense but Love would make them even deadlier from the outside.

If you can imagine that.
Yeah but they would of lost a lot of Defense with Love. Green is a good defender.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you are getting James, Durant or some type of
mega star, it's bad business to give up all of the benefits you get with a top draft pick, let alone Wiggins who was basically labeled by all as a can't miss.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kyrie getting the basically free pass, when he has been atrocious?

#blamethewhiteguy

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are getting James, Durant or some type of
mega star, it's bad business to give up all of the benefits you get with a top draft pick, let alone Wiggins who was basically labeled by all as a can't miss.

They were going for a title. I'm not going to blame them for going all out and trying to get a title by 2016 or 2017. They were not winning a title with Wiggins there.

Status
Not open for further replies.