• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then if this is true why hasn't he gotten better since playing with LBJ? Don't you agree that the opportunity is there?

They're using him correctly and on top of that he is the 3rd option. As 3rd option your production is always going to be down because you're no longer the primary option. Same happened to CB

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip call tomorrow the most important game of LBJ's career. Do you agree @trojanfan12 and @tlance ? I think Game 6 and 7 of the 2013 finals were bigger. Can also make a case that game 6 of the conference 2012 finals was actually the most important game of his career after game 7 of the 2013 finals

Tough call. Games 6 and 7 in 2013 were big no doubt, but he had already won a championship. He came back to Cleveland with the very specific goal of bringing that city a championship. He literally has the entire history of Cleveland sports failures on his back.

Considering that most teams around the league and in the East are going to be getting better while the Cavs really have no way to improve, a loss tomorrow could effectively end his chances of bringing a title to Cleveland.

So, I don't know if it's the biggest game of his career, but I know it's pretty damn big.

Wait!! Did I just sort of agree with Skip Bayless? :L

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could it possibly be the biggest game of his career unless it's the start of them winning 4 games?
I'd call it more of an audition to see if you're on the roster next season.

Not many expected them to get swept.
If it happens, it's just a hilarious bonus.
Resized_Screenshot_20160606-212358.jpg

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're using him correctly and on top of that he is the 3rd option. As 3rd option your production is always going to be down because you're no longer the primary option. Same happened to CB
That's where I disagree. He shouldn't be used as a 3 pt shooter. He has a better game in the paint...but using him there more often would clog the lanes since that's where LBJ's bread & butter is.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was a shitty GM. I said he took on the responsibility of playing GM, so whatever happens is on him. But that doesn't mean he's a shitty GM.

The moves he forced/influenced/made were the right moves at the time because he was building a team to contend with the Spurs and OKC.

It's similar to the Dwight/Nash trade with the Lakers. That was a trade that every other GM in the league would have made and most believed made the Lakers contenders. Just because Dwight ended up being a bitch and Nash's body fell apart on him, doesn't mean Mitch is suddenly a shitty GM. But the result was still pretty much on him since he was the GM.

Sometimes, what appears to be the right move, just doesn't work out.
I can just see it now in about 10 to 15 years - Lebron get's offered an actual g.m. position and in his interview he says to the owner "Look man, I was the player, head coach and G.M. or the Cavaliers. So I have already learned how to put together good teams and won't have learn at your expense like those other coaches"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thought Love reached his ceiling at that point. I actually don't think he has.

Agree. It's not as if he suddenly forgot how to play basketball. The Cavs just don't know how to use him. He is playing with 2 ball dominant players in Kyrie and Lebron.

He would actually be a great fit with a team like the Warriors because everything they do is based on ball movement. No one really dominates the ball, so he'd get a chance to get the kind of shots he needs to get a rhythm.

Plus, with Steph and Klay, he wouldn't be relegated to the 3 point line waiting for a chance to shoot. He could actually spend more time playing close to the basket like he did in Minny.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I disagree. He shouldn't be used as a 3 pt shooter. He has a better game in the paint...but using him there more often would clog the lanes since that's where LBJ's bread & butter is.

I meant to say they're using him incorrectly

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. One of the things I enjoyed most about Kobe after his dedication to the game was his ability to display confidence on the court but also be candid in his pressers.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of Kobe and I actually like old Kobe. But when he was younger, I didn't care for him as a person (based on what I saw/heard/read) or how he would shoot the ball too damn much at times, but I always respected his work ethic and win at all costs attitude.

And of course, I loved the 5 more titles.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some cold shit.

Why is Curry Doughboy? :lol:
Hahahaha girl. When I saw the three I posted last night I was in tears. Especially the one when LBJ is Ricky running away from the car...Dray's face is just too much.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so El BeeJay is an NBA mark...?:lol:
My honey got all those pics from his FB. I'm sure there are plenty more out there. I think it's just funny to many how he made Detroit & ATL look like the Freshmen basketball team only to have the favor returned by the Warriors thus far.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing CL has been consistent about, it's been that he never wants to see Lebron in a Laker uniform. Even we would have the debates on the old CBS board about prime, Miami Lebron coming to LA, CL continued to say no, I don't want that idiot on my team.
EDIT- This was the CL post that I was TRYING to quote, not the other one

Oh you don't need to convince or prove anything to me. I remember our battles on the CBS forum back in the day. I can't remember CL67 ever saying anything nice about Bron Bron.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. Games 6 and 7 in 2013 were big no doubt, but he had already won a championship. He came back to Cleveland with the very specific goal of bringing that city a championship. He literally has the entire history of Cleveland sports failures on his back.

Considering that most teams around the league and in the East are going to be getting better while the Cavs really have no way to improve, a loss tomorrow could effectively end his chances of bringing a title to Cleveland.

So, I don't know if it's the biggest game of his career, but I know it's pretty damn big.

Wait!! Did I just sort of agree with Skip Bayless? :L

Please say you didn't... :D

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know until today but the Larry o brien trophy is made in parsippany New Jersey which is the town I live in... Lolll I had no idea at all! It was made at tiffney&co

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip call tomorrow the most important game of LBJ's career. Do you agree @trojanfan12 and @tlance ? I think Game 6 and 7 of the 2013 finals were bigger. Can also make a case that game 6 of the conference 2012 finals was actually the most important game of his career after game 7 of the 2013 finals

No. I don't think this game is even in the top 10.

The Cavs are expected to lose at this point. just about any game in the Spurs/Mavericks/Thunder Finals were more important.

I think to be the "most important game", there has to be some reasonable expectation of winning the series. That is the fundamental disagreement that I keep having with those who knock 2-5.

Last year, LeBron was praised like hell for getting his team close. Now this year, he is chastised for losing to a MUCH better Warrior team. Yea, Kyrie and Love are healthy, but they are also terribly overrated as the first 2 games have shown.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was a shitty GM. I said he took on the responsibility of playing GM, so whatever happens is on him. But that doesn't mean he's a shitty GM.

The moves he forced/influenced/made were the right moves at the time because he was building a team to contend with the Spurs and OKC.

It's similar to the Dwight/Nash trade with the Lakers. That was a trade that every other GM in the league would have made and most believed made the Lakers contenders. Just because Dwight ended up being a bitch and Nash's body fell apart on him, doesn't mean Mitch is suddenly a shitty GM. But the result was still pretty much on him since he was the GM.

Sometimes, what appears to be the right move, just doesn't work out.

Ok. I actually agree with most of this. He used his influence to do the best he could with the resources he had in Cleveland. Where I disagree with the "handpicked roster" thing is that it implies that LeBron chose Kyrie. He did not. Kyrie + assets to deal for Love were merely good enough to get him to come back to Cleveland. He chose the city more than he chose the players. Not the ideal situation he would have chosen in terms of winning. What other star caliber player could he have gotten for Wiggins? Sometimes you have to settle for what is available. Love was the best on the market at the time.

Maybe we are arguing semantics, but I think that is a pretty huge difference, IMO. Doing the best with what you are given is not the same as hand picking a roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I do acknowledge that LeBron has signed off on every single move. Unfortunately, he had the least amount of say in arguably the most important piece, Kyrie.

As for Love, even if LeBron assembled the deal and Pushed Cavs management into making it, he was still limited to what was available and what could fit under the cap. Love was the best option of the choices that existed. But again, this does not mean Love was handpicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.