• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Lebron knew that his window for leading a team to a title is closing. He is in "win now" mode. He didn't want to have to wait 2-3 years for Wiggins to develop, if he ever did. Love was an established star that Lebron figured could help him win right now.

Unfortunately for him, it hasn't worked out that way thus far. But it was the right move at the time given his goals

OK so which is it, is LeBron a shitty GM or not?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Lebron knew that his window for leading a team to a title is closing. He is in "win now" mode. He didn't want to have to wait 2-3 years for Wiggins to develop, if he ever did. Love was an established star that Lebron figured could help him win right now.

Unfortunately for him, it hasn't worked out that way thus far. But it was the right move at the time given his goals.
Not much choice if you ask me and if he is in the win now mode, then Miami or even the Spurs or Dallas or the Bulls would have been better choices. Cleveland was a WTF decision

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where they messed up was keeping Kyrie over Wiggins. Fine if they wanted Love...but trade Mr. injury prone for a younger-and most importantly- healthier Wiggins.

That assumes that the T-Wolves would want Kyrie. I'm not so sure they would given the aforementioned injury proneness.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That assumes that the T-Wolves would want Kyrie. I'm not so sure they would given the aforementioned injury proneness.
This is true...but something is better than nothing so maybe the fear of Love walking in FA would've been the motivation to take Kyrie. I mean who wouldn't want the #1 pick in that summer's draft for a 4 that's already reached his ceiling?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip call tomorrow the most important game of LBJ's career. Do you agree @trojanfan12 and @tlance ? I think Game 6 and 7 of the 2013 finals were bigger. Can also make a case that game 6 of the conference 2012 finals was actually the most important game of his career after game 7 of the 2013 finals

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It didn't work out. So, the easy answer is yes.

But, hindsight is 20/20.

At the time, they were the right moves to make.

Lebron is the Cavs window. So, they needed to try and win now.

Their moves weren't necessarily BAD. It's just the Warriors moves were BETTER.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his opinion about not wanting LBJ on the Lakers was a consensus among Laker fans.

Not me. I would have gladly accepted him on the Lakers, it would have instantly made them contenders again. He would have been like Kobe for me. Wouldn't like him, but would enjoy the winning that came with him being on the team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true...but something is better than nothing so maybe the fear of Love walking in FA would've been the motivation to take Kyrie. I mean who wouldn't want the #1 pick in that summer's draft for a 4 that's already reached his ceiling?

I don't think anyone thought Love reached his ceiling at that point. I actually don't think he has.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I would have gladly accepted him on the Lakers, it would have instantly made them contenders again. He would have been like Kobe for me. Wouldn't like him, but would enjoy the winning that came with him being on the team.

Winning trumps everything

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. One of the things I enjoyed most about Kobe after his dedication to the game was his ability to display confidence on the court but also be candid in his pressers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thought Love reached his ceiling at that point. I actually don't think he has.
Well then if this is true why hasn't he gotten better since playing with LBJ? Don't you agree that the opportunity is there?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip call tomorrow the most important game of LBJ's career. Do you agree @trojanfan12 and @tlance ? I think Game 6 and 7 of the 2013 finals were bigger. Can also make a case that game 6 of the conference 2012 finals was actually the most important game of his career after game 7 of the 2013 finals

How could it possibly be the biggest game of his career unless it's the start of them winning 4 games?
I'd call it more of an audition to see if you're on the roster next season.

Not many expected them to get swept.
If it happens, it's just a hilarious bonus.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been reduced to Steve Kerr status for the Bulls and Spurs.

Stand in the corner and shoot a three....IF we pass you the ball.
Usually a sign that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, besides threats game of his career, the only time I have rooted for Kobe was during the Olympics.

He and Melo saved out ass.

I loved America more than I hated Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said he was a shitty GM. I said he took on the responsibility of playing GM, so whatever happens is on him. But that doesn't mean he's a shitty GM.

The moves he forced/influenced/made were the right moves at the time because he was building a team to contend with the Spurs and OKC.

It's similar to the Dwight/Nash trade with the Lakers. That was a trade that every other GM in the league would have made and most believed made the Lakers contenders. Just because Dwight ended up being a bitch and Nash's body fell apart on him, doesn't mean Mitch is suddenly a shitty GM. But the result was still pretty much on him since he was the GM.

Sometimes, what appears to be the right move, just doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.