• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lakers he'd be a solid bridge starter till the young SF is ready and then he can take a seat on the bench.

I'd put him on your bench. He'd be good for about 15-20 minutes. Especially considering that next year is a growth year for your core.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I think the Warriors repeat. You won't wanna hear this but there's a valid reason why it could end differently this year. The Cavs are actually healthy heading into the Finals, unlike last year. I just find it odd that somehow the Cavs have no chance @ all when they actually had a 2-1 lead last year w/ a banged up roster.

Where did no chance come from?
Before game 7, I said I felt Cavs had a 35% chance to beat Warriors and 65% chance to beat Thunder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the cavs fans getting their panties in a bunch because we're not picking their bunch of mis-fits to win the title? :rolleyes2:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Warriors: Down 3 - 1... only Klay playing consistently, get absolutely blown out twice.... win in 7.

Cavs: Competitive in every game, blow out the other team twice, win in 6.

The Thunder are obviously a better team than the Raptors but the disparity is not nearly as large as people are making it out to be.

The 2nd half of game 7 is honestly the first time I've seen the Warriors look themselves. Meanwhile the Cavs have looked better than themselves all playoffs long.

I expect, understand and have no problem with statements that the Warriors are better and the favorite to win..... but to say that the Warriors have looked better than the Cavs in the playoffs is about as wrong as an opinion can be, in mine.
I think the problem with measuring the Cavs "looking very good" is that they've played mediocre teams. How can they be judged fairly or even on the same level as the Warriors when they didn't have much of a battle in the CF? We will see the disparity once this series starts. It will be interesting to see the Cavs play the Warriors offense against them- and see how the Warriors respond.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think old age caught up to him with the quickness. He was playing just fine against Charlotte. Once the Raptors were up next, his alter ego came out.
He started going into the shitter the moment he was traded to the Cavs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did no chance come from?
Before game 7, I said I felt Cavs had a 35% chance to beat Warriors and 65% chance to beat Thunder.

Part of your # 308 comment...

"It's Cleveland. We've seen this story. Why would it end differently this time?"

Now if you're not saying the Cavs don't have a chance what exactly were you saying then or where you quoting Wiggy?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Warriors are favored.
73-9.
HCA.

Still doesn't change the fact that James and his handpicked, all time high payroll group certainly feel like they will win.

yeah, i'm FAIRLY certain that LeClown and his merry band of Cavs will be be WANTING to win a title. they aren't expecting to get mowed down...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the challenge with JR is that when he is on- he doesnt have to be open--- you can guard him well and he will still rain. However- when he is not hitting- he can have a wideopen shot- and miss....

way to streak to be your #2 scorer- or prob even #3....the role he is in with the Cavs? PERFECT.

JR and Jamal Crawford are two of the best streak shooters I've ever seen. The key is getting stops on them early to take them out of the game. Hopefully that happens.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said at all actually. I said the disparity isn't as great as people think it is. Of course the Thunder are a significantly better team. I just don't see a gaping chasm of difference that others seem to see.

The Cavs exceeded their regular season performance and dominated the teams they played.... making those teams appear somewhat weaker than they are.

The Warriors so far have played below the level of their season performance (partly because of Curry's injury).... making those teams appear somewhat stronger than they are.

Back to my original point... to say that Warriors have looked better than the Cavs in these playoffs is.... an interesting opinion.

Well, I would hope the Cavs are playing better than they did in the reg season since they weren't great or anything. I mean if we look at the reg season records from top to bottom they fall in at 3rd overall with OKC a close 4th. So of course there was room for improvement.

On the other hand GS achieved a record that had never been done before in the history of the league. So, it's understandable that with injuries, the long season-both reg & post- that they wouldn't be able to sustain that level of play throughout the entire post season.

The unfortunate thing for the Cavs we learned is that GS can easily rise up to ANY challenge and play at a very high level- especially with their backs against the wall. So while it appears that the Cavs are "rolling" it may look very different once they play a formidable opponent like the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.