• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Navaro Bowman cotract extension

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners are in good position for 2013. Salary cap next year should be around 121. They are about 4 to 5 million under based on salaries at NinerCapHell.com | 2013 Numbers. Getting rid of Alex Smith and David Akers saves 13 million. Biggest difference from 2012 to 2013 is Willis. He counts for 17 million this year and only 3.5 million next year. Baalke and Marathe are salary cap studs.

Good point about Akers; he's probably gone next year.

Asside from Justin Smith, the Niners' core of great players are all young for the most part, so I'm thinking the Niners could be contenders for the rest of the DECADE if the QB position works out and they're prudent with the salary cap.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
C, DL, WR, Either or both safety positions, or a combination of any of these. Maybe even CB.

so again, we're going to remove a proven Pro Bowl player to obtain a combination of these players from another team. what level would these two players be at, situational? role? young starters? old starters?

how much will two young starters cost from another team? will these starters be quality starters when placed on the 49ers team? will they just 'help out' with depth?

Bowman isn't that old, he'll likely play out this contract at a high level?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got the news...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (deep breath) UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK yea.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Rosenhaus: If you want to keep all your good players, you have to get deals done now

Bowman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the two sides began negotiating at the start of the season, and he admitted they were "pretty far apart" at the time. Once the guaranteed portion was settled, he said, the rest fell into place.

"Once we got to a level of guaranteed compensation, we knew we weren't going to get caught up with, 'Who's making more?' NaVorro's not about that," said Rosenhaus, who also has negotiated deals for inside linebackers Jon Beason and Lawrence Timmons. "We were very comfortable with this deal. He's one of the Top 5 highest paid guys at the position."

Rosenhaus said it was rare for a player to get a new contract midway through his third season. "I think only the most proactive teams get it done," he said. "I think this is perhaps the most talented team in the NFL. And if you want to keep all your good players, you have to get deals done now. You can't let guys get to free agency. You can't keep everybody."

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody else is extremely worried about this???? Have you seen the salary cap for next season?

...Well, I guess this means Alex is DEFINITELY gone next season, which is a good thing. I would've preferred that Bowman were traded, but now I'd like to see Brooks traded.

Yeah but you are talkiing about a GREAT player here. There is a lot of dead salary on this team.

Mainly, who you named Alex Smith, Harleson, Akers, Goodwin, and hell maybe even Rogers(this one will be confrontational). Bowman is in a different league then those guys. 24 years old and one of the best in the league. You gotta keep him. Money well spent

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and just to continue the party on.....

lucille-bluth-celebration-gif.gif

tumblr_m9nedssS4h1qgh859.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah but you are talkiing about a GREAT player here. There is a lot of dead salary on this team.

Mainly, who you named Alex Smith, Harleson, Akers, Goodwin, and hell maybe even Rogers(this one will be confrontational). Bowman is in a different league then those guys. 24 years old and one of the best in the league. You gotta keep him.

I agree that Bowman is a great player. That's why the Niners could get a lot for him. I just think ILB is probably the easiest position on the team to replace at this point, and I think the Niners could get great play out of a lot of players next to Willis & behind their DL.

Rogers was on my POSSIBLY trade or cut list as well, so you'll get no confrontation from me. I'll have to dig up the thread where I listed the players I didn't want back next season...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Rosenhaus: If you want to keep all your good players, you have to get deals done now

Bowman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the two sides began negotiating at the start of the season, and he admitted they were "pretty far apart" at the time. Once the guaranteed portion was settled, he said, the rest fell into place.

"Once we got to a level of guaranteed compensation, we knew we weren't going to get caught up with, 'Who's making more?' NaVorro's not about that," said Rosenhaus, who also has negotiated deals for inside linebackers Jon Beason and Lawrence Timmons. "We were very comfortable with this deal. He's one of the Top 5 highest paid guys at the position."

Rosenhaus said it was rare for a player to get a new contract midway through his third season. "I think only the most proactive teams get it done," he said. "I think this is perhaps the most talented team in the NFL. And if you want to keep all your good players, you have to get deals done now. You can't let guys get to free agency. You can't keep everybody."

Agent Drew Rosenhaus on Bowman deal: ‘The 49ers outsmart a lot of people with the way they manage the salary cap’ | 49ers Hot Read

And, again, I take my hat off to them. They’re one of the most aggressive teams that I visited. They’ve got a whole team dedicated to the salary cap. Paraag Marathe is a very dedicated guy. He’s got Brian Hampton. They’ve got a third member who I haven’t dealt with directly. But they outsmart a lot of people with the way that they manage the salary cap and the situation.

I’m sitting here looking at Anthony Davis and hopefully one day down the road we can get Anthony’s deal done as well.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness wants to trade every good player for picks, Gore, Bowman, Willis, Justin Smith so its not like its a new idea. To each their own I reckon. I

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late in this. But super stoked. Man our linebacker core is straight nasty for years to come. We need to think of a name for them.

This def shows the door to Alex next yr. and I can see Akers, ginn, maybe even Rogers expendable. Will be interesting to see what happens with gokdson.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just saw the news! Love love love this! What a great day. My niece was born today. I am off the rest of the week for deer hunting, and Bowman extended! Great day to be a niner fan!!!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Edit: didn't see that hunter was out until after i commented on this post. Not a good day for niner fans.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're gonna spend this much at mlb we better start using Willis more as a pass rusher. Gotta get our monies worth

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Late in this. But super stoked. Man our linebacker core is straight nasty for years to come. We need to think of a name for them.

This def shows the door to Alex next yr. and I can see Akers, ginn, maybe even Rogers expendable. Will be interesting to see what happens with gokdson.

I wouldn't get rid of him just yet. I mean I want to but there's really no depth behind him. I'm really afraid of that unit. This is why I was crying when we passed up on Janoris Jenkins.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice to know we have him locked up. One more question has been answered.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get rid of him just yet. I mean I want to but there's really no depth behind him. I'm really afraid of that unit. This is why I was crying when we passed up on Janoris Jenkins.

Jenkins doesn't play against Lindley 16x!!!!! lol

:peep: